Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Yeah i would have constant issues with the game too if i pugged.

Since i know how mmo-champion works, no, i am not trying to be an asshole or show off, more of a rant.

Its timewalking week, they fixed essence catchup, so why not level up that alt i left at 110 last year right? It takes a few hours for easy 2 Rank 3 essences + cloak, so why not play that Shaman afterall now.

Which i leveled through quests because i couldnt be bothered with dungeons, i leveled every other char that way, just wanted to slow poke it at BoD burn out so a good 2 years without actually pugging anything.

Big god damn mistake.

Of course you people dont like the game if thats the level you are playing at actively.

For every 1 "Decent" tank not even remotely good, just a tank that presses their mitigation button, there are 9 clueless, i dont even know what to describe them as, cause they aint tanks.

For every 1 "decent dps", there are 49 "WHY ARE YOU EVEN ONLINE" "Do you have a keyboard?"

This last few hours, did not classify as "Playing World of Warcraft", if i didnt know better and i returned to this mess , i would unsub instantly again, i would simply alt+f4 after the first dungeon and not return.

Seriously, the game you are playing at the daily pug world, is not how World of Warcraft is meant to be played, for the love of god, get a guild, learn basic interrupts and more importantly, WASD.

I would rather play the worst pug ever than trying to find a premade group in World of Warcraft. Or a raiding guild.

There is nothing more toxic to me than raiding guilds.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-20 at 06:20 PM.

People will play to the level required to beat the content (or quit out of frustration). The bar for most PUG stuff is very, very low. Same for soloing. So they never have to learn their class to get that far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gonfer View Post
    I would rather play the worst pug ever than trying to find a premade group in World of Warcraft. Or a raiding guild.

Honestly since they changed over to personal loot I've had less problems with them. Cutting out all that obnoxious loot drama cuts toxicity in half right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's simple and easy to shit on others instead of look for the things you have in common and give each other a hand with what's missing/happening. You can't help players that don't want help, best just ignore them and leave them on their own. They'll pick up on what they're doing wrong sooner or later, don't let their attitudes become infectious.
    Efficiency at the cost of relation is missing the important thing you didn't know you wanted.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2020-03-20 at 06:29 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Since i know how mmo-champion works, no, i am not trying to be an asshole or show off, more of a rant.

Its timewalking week, they fixed essence catchup, so why not level up that alt i left at 110 last year right? It takes a few hours for easy 2 Rank 3 essences + cloak, so why not play that Shaman afterall now.

Which i leveled through quests because i couldnt be bothered with dungeons, i leveled every other char that way, just wanted to slow poke it at BoD burn out so a good 2 years without actually pugging anything.

Big god damn mistake.

Of course you people dont like the game if thats the level you are playing at actively.

For every 1 "Decent" tank not even remotely good, just a tank that presses their mitigation button, there are 9 clueless, i dont even know what to describe them as, cause they aint tanks.

For every 1 "decent dps", there are 49 "WHY ARE YOU EVEN ONLINE" "Do you have a keyboard?"

This last few hours, did not classify as "Playing World of Warcraft", if i didnt know better and i returned to this mess , i would unsub instantly again, i would simply alt+f4 after the first dungeon and not return.

Seriously, the game you are playing at the daily pug world, is not how World of Warcraft is meant to be played, for the love of god, get a guild, learn basic interrupts and more importantly, WASD.
    You ain't wrong.

I've started pugging content again and the other day, as I remember this sticking out to me well, I was doing M+ Workshop on my DH and I had a guy who had +15 item levels on me doing half the DPS I did and was constantly dying to dumb shit. He almost caused us to not make the timer as we full wiped once and almost a second time on the cujo fight because he was standing near unheated boxes when the dog charged around the room.

It was so frustrating that he was instantly dying to god knows what.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will never understand why someone would rather do pugs all the time over getting a raiding guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Honestly since they changed over to personal loot I've had less problems with them. Cutting out all that obnoxious loot drama cuts toxicity in half right off the bat.
    Well, that surely helps a little bit. But it was not about lootmongering only what i had issues with. My biggest issue is that the raiding game in WoW and raid guilds are not about "playing together with friends", but it is just about playing together to get the best loot, and about performance, and not people who like each others.

People confuse a game with a second job.
    Last edited by Gonfer; 2020-03-20 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Which is why you keep getting curbstomped by folks in 470.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Which is why you keep getting curbstomped by folks in 470.
    its like, he wants to join a friends and family fun guild but doesnt want to join one

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    its like, he wants to join a friends and family fun guild but doesnt want to join one
    Personally, I don't enjoy having to schedule play times. I'd rather have the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever the mood strikes me. No guild that I know of on my realm would put up with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    Some people still believe that everyone should be forced to play the game their way or they'll threaten Blizzard to quit playing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Personally, I don't enjoy having to schedule play times. I'd rather have the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever the mood strikes me. No guild that I know of on my realm would put up with that.
    Probably not if you wanted to be on the raid team.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Probably not if you wanted to be on the raid team.
    That would never be the issue. I usually don't like raiders, and I really don't like the way they influence and approach the game.

Queued for the first wing of LFR yesterday without knowing a single mechanic as a tank i did an evil laugh once i got my nearly insta queue

Whispered the other tank my situation, he replied:
    "no worries, this is LFR, its free loot"
    I died on the boss for having too many stacks (>_<) Battle rezzed and did the mechanic

Next boss we wipe because no one knew which one of the multiple "visions" was the true boss. We killed the wrong one

Pug world...gotta love it

I also did Freehold Mythic 0 with 200k health as a tank...died a couple times and i tanked the last boss with partial red gear. ROFLMAO

10+ Year Old Account
    A general note on the community:

It's not as bad as people say it is. However, it's bad enough that after a while it's not worth the time to hassle with it.

Guilds aren't really all that much better unless you are lucky (and that's for a casual guild...raiding guilds are something you are either fine with or not). There was some hope that communities would help but Blizzard hasn't done much of anything to push them along.

It's not really a secret why so many people play solo or with just a couple of friends. Meanwhile, Blizzard continues to double down on throwing strangers together which is not really how most humans work.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well, that surely helps a little bit. But it was not about lootmongering only what i had issues with. My biggest issue is that the raiding game in WoW and raid guilds are not about "playing together with friends", but it is just about playing together to get the best loot, and about performance, and not people who like each others.

People confuse a game with a second job.
    Sounds like you've never put much effort into finding a guild or you just don't know how. Ask probing questions and talk to people before joining and then go on a trial run and see if you like the people. I prioritize playing with people I genuinely like and I don't think it that hard to find a good fit.

I hope people who act like "I dont wanna join guilds because I dont want the game to feel like a job! I'd rather PUG for 20 hours a week" because they have to invest 3 hours a week into a guild will never ever even influence the game in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Well at least you're having fun, I wonder if the same could be said about your "victims" or fellow players!
    I personally did it as an experiment...just like Preach does his experiment videos.

Im not a psychopath though.
    On my Mythic 0 Group finder title i put "FH mythic 0 bad geared tank"

And people joined

On the LFR situation...yeah...that was pretty bad on my part...
    Last edited by Roanda; 2020-03-21 at 08:51 AM.

I actually read the OP and he is saying that he had a bad experience leveling an alt with random people in dungeons, so get a guild because people that pug don't know how to interrupt.

Since I have so much energy locked in the house these days, let me inform the OP that there are many many much more skilled players than him that do nothing but pug all day long. If anything the game right now is more bleeding-edge pug-friendly than it has ever been.

I'll take it even further and argue that guilds are far from a haven for skilled players. Even in the most hardcore progression guilds there often is dead weight that has to be carried by the rest of the group. If anything, the main advantage that guilds provide is social pressure and accountability, something that noobs like the OP need in order to perform and stay cordial.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I actually read the OP and he is saying that he had a bad experience leveling an alt with random people in dungeons, so get a guild because people that pug don't know how to interrupt.

Since I have so much energy locked in the house these days, let me inform the OP that there are many many much more skilled players than him that do nothing but pug all day long. If anything the game right now is more bleeding-edge pug-friendly than it has ever been.

I'll take it even further and argue that guilds are far from a haven for skilled players. Even in the most hardcore progression guilds there often is dead weight that has to be carried by the rest of the group. If anything, the main advantage that guilds provide is social pressure and accountability, something that noobs like the OP need in order to perform and stay cordial.
    From my experience, you need raider IO or something additional to be 100% successful in pugs.

I tried every week to push my mythic keystone as high as possible and the skill cap for completely random groups seemed to be Mythic +8 or +9 (at best)
    Random pugs are just...too random.

Nothing new. Playing with randoms is generally terrible, not only because they are bad, but also because of their attitudes they feel they can get away with. Pugging is fine sometimes and is needed in some cases, but for most scenarios it's rather unpleasant. Pugging is like a public toilet - you go there when you need it and you want it to be over asap.

And yeah, timewalking right now is absolute shitshow. It was a terrible idea on Blizz's part that they buffed it because of corruptions when a large portion of people doing TW are newbies who are leveling. I would advise to just skip TW for now unless you want to be frustrated and spend ages doing those old dungeons