Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did some TW on my prot pally. The amount of people who didn't know simple mechanics was amazing. Or they would run in before me and start attacking. So i would wait a few to grab the mobs. The best part was in Halls of Lightning, we wiped, everyone but the mage ran back. Just left his body there and as we were running back i /w the healer to not rez. I start pulling and the mage asks for a rez, so i vote kicked his ass. Pugging is a sometimes nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Nothing new. Playing with randoms is generally terrible, not only because they are bad, but also because of their attitudes they feel they can get away with. Pugging is fine sometimes and is needed in some cases, but for most scenarios it's rather unpleasant. Pugging is like a public toilet - you go there when you need it and you want it to be over asap.

And yeah, timewalking right now is absolute shitshow. It was a terrible idea on Blizz's part that they buffed it because of corruptions when a large portion of people doing TW are newbies who are leveling. I would advise to just skip TW for now unless you want to be frustrated and spend ages doing those old dungeons
    but this was only move they could do .

else people would have fun in there

imagine having fun instead wasting ton of time to boost MAU

unimaginable

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    People will play to the level required to beat the content (or quit out of frustration). The bar for most PUG stuff is very, very low. Same for soloing. So they never have to learn their class to get that far.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly since they changed over to personal loot I've had less problems with them. Cutting out all that obnoxious loot drama cuts toxicity in half right off the bat.
    Currently at the point of quit out of frustration, seriously.... how are people so fucking shit in high keys.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    Currently at the point of quit out of frustration, seriously.... how are people so fucking shit in high keys.
    Because whatever tactics they've been using up until this point have worked for them, or their deficiencies were/are covered by other people. Sometimes it takes a special combination of circumstances to highlight flaws in how we play. And it takes a long time to fully break bad habits. Patience is worth working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    Personally, I don't enjoy having to schedule play times. I'd rather have the freedom to do whatever I want, whenever the mood strikes me. No guild that I know of on my realm would put up with that.
    WoW Twitch streamers have the same issue. They really enjoy playing WoW. But they are afraid of getting a sub button and starting to make money off of it, because they feel like committing to a schedule will make them burn out on the game.

Of course people have the same issue with anything in life. When its a hobby and they can show up whenever, its awesome. When they are forced to show up, its work and sucks.

That's why people are afraid of commitment.

Usually this is overcome by being extroverted, actually needing people, and surrounding yourself with other extroverted people that understand how to enjoy group activities in a healthy way. The second you start injecting the system with introverted people that gossip on everyone and tear everything apart, it sucks pretty bad. That goes for video games, to work, or marriages, to families and everything in life.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The last time I leveled a character I'd say half of my tanks didn't know how to mitigate damage and the worst culprit are warriors in my experience as it's not a part of your natural dps rotation like it is for DK's, Paladins. So in the 60-80 dungeon range I decide to tell a warrior tank to press ignore pain when he can and I got told where to go. There is plenty of talk about new players not playing WoW but I disagree, when leveling I came across plenty, plenty of new players with no achievement points, plenty of returning classic players and for the most part they are bad but I don't mind that, I'm not an elitist. New players need to learn somewhere and random dungeons is the place.

The only type of player I cannot stand are the classic elitists who came back to retail to give it another go, they suck, and when we wipe because of them like I have in mythic+ and you ask them why they didn't kick/stun/ use brain etc, they go ape shit, play the victim, I have heard this line literally at least 5 times 'No wonder this game is dying and classic is alive'.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Seriously, the game you are playing at the daily pug world, is not how World of Warcraft is meant to be played, for the love of god, get a guild, learn basic interrupts and more importantly, WASD.
    This is the game that Blizz has pushed the players into.

Leveling is trivial, and dungeons involve almost no skill whatsoever. A decent healer can keep up a bad tank and dps standing in fire while leveling. A decent tank can live with a poor healer while leveling. Everyone can be decent dps because dps takes virtually no skill while leveling.

My wife dragged me back into the game, and we are leveling up some allied races (because the end-game is even more boring than leveling anymore). I would say that maybe 15% of players know how to interrupt (my wife and I just do it out of habit), and fully 50% of the healers have zero clue what they are doing. I think we've run into 2 tanks that were actually good. DPS is all over the place and regularly stand in bad. But we still win all the dungeons...Blizz has dumbed down the game while leveling that badly.

So GIGO rules. Push the players through a garbage system, and you output bad players.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    This is the game that Blizz has pushed the players into.

Leveling is trivial, and dungeons involve almost no skill whatsoever. A decent healer can keep up a bad tank and dps standing in fire while leveling. A decent tank can live with a poor healer while leveling. Everyone can be decent dps because dps takes virtually no skill while leveling.

My wife dragged me back into the game, and we are leveling up some allied races (because the end-game is even more boring than leveling anymore). I would say that maybe 15% of players know how to interrupt (my wife and I just do it out of habit), and fully 50% of the healers have zero clue what they are doing. I think we've run into 2 tanks that were actually good. DPS is all over the place and regularly stand in bad. But we still win all the dungeons...Blizz has dumbed down the game while leveling that badly.

So GIGO rules. Push the players through a garbage system, and you output bad players.
    players were still shit when leveling was "hard" though

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    shouldve played wod then
    I've been playing since TBC. The amount of extra time outside of raids I'm expected to put in just keeps increases more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I've been playing since TBC. The amount of extra time outside of raids I'm expected to put in just keeps increases more and more.
    k
    adapt or quit, but please please don't whine

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    k
    adapt or quit, but please please don't whine
    It's not raidlogging anymore but people exaggerate too much. It's not legion anymore. All you gotta do besides raid itself is to do weekly islands in 15 minutes, one M+ in 40 minutes and that is it.

Oh and a cloak but this is not a constant farming phase. After this week just killing nzoth will do the trick (or run a single full clear)

I just read this post this morning and thought it can't be that bad lol, for reference I've played wow for 15 years with a very large number of cutting edges under my belt. I 99% play classic atm and have not pugged in nearly 10 years. Today I did my first random time walking dungeon in nearly 3 years. A healer joins our group, pulls several packs, kills himself while we run out, and leaves before beginning to PM all of us. We truly believe he was delirious in some way.

https://i.imgur.com/hrSfLKC.png

https://i.imgur.com/GUmOo4W.png

https://i.imgur.com/mYrwH5q.png
    Last edited by seventysix; 2020-03-23 at 07:19 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I just read this post this morning and thought it can't be that bad lol, for reference I've played wow for 15 years with a very large number of cutting edges under my belt. I 99% play classic atm and have not pugged in nearly 10 years. Today I did my first random time walking dungeon in nearly 3 years. A healer joins our group, pulls several packs, kills himself while we run out, and leaves before beginning to PM all of us. We truly believe he was delirious in some way.

https://i.imgur.com/hrSfLKC.png

https://i.imgur.com/GUmOo4W.png

https://i.imgur.com/mYrwH5q.png

That's nuts but for real, players with a need to not just check but also test each other are a very common problem in pugs these days. Clearing content fast and smooth isn't fast enough when they're not sweating over their keyboards to beat a timer or knock out a personal record of theirs. It's a shitshow of lack of communication and what little there is, is full of presupposed positions, prejudice and grandstanding.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Oh I see what you did there, all good fun then since people were warned beforehand.

But boy some of the timewalking dungeons this reset has been filled with weird players.
    One I ran yesterday had a tank who asked us how to tank while he used zero mitigation.

Things like that makes me miss the proving grounds-silver requirement to queue LFD from WoD.
    Timewalking has been interesting. I dusted off my 102 Vengeance DH to see how tuned they are.
    Disaster. I was getting 4 shot through Demon Spikes, kiting, silence sigil, interrupting on CD etc.

Managed to down Old Kingdom with only 2-3 wipes and only mild bitching from the Arms Warrior whose main is 1,500IO, and didn't interrupt :3

Gundrak, wiped on the first boss at 40%. Insta disband. Granted my tanking isn't my strong suit but I've timed 12s as a tank in multiple seasons, you'd think TWing would be the usual afk breeze.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Timewalking has been interesting. I dusted off my 102 Vengeance DH to see how tuned they are.
    Disaster. I was getting 4 shot through Demon Spikes, kiting, silence sigil, interrupting on CD etc.

Managed to down Old Kingdom with only 2-3 wipes and only mild bitching from the Arms Warrior whose main is 1,500IO, and didn't interrupt :3

Gundrak, wiped on the first boss at 40%. Insta disband. Granted my tanking isn't my strong suit but I've timed 12s as a tank in multiple seasons, you'd think TWing would be the usual afk breeze.
    TWing can be brutal when maxed players expect others in the group to be on par with them and ignore that they may be the only one not in questing gear and with optimized gear for their spec. Even when that isn't the case the scaling can be brutal on some mobs and abilities touching down on the tank as the first victim while people naturally forget the old tactics for clearing the content.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    I will never understand why someone would rather do pugs all the time over getting a raiding guild.
    Because I am 33 and have a life outside of the game, I will not let a game dictate some sort of schedule for me again I have been there and done that back in college. I play in my timeframe of 10PM-2AM and if someone else is there when I am great, but if they aren't then I don't want to be bothered with dealing with other people or their schedules.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post

I have noticed this since TW was introduces, they are tuned super hard for most Pugs. I don't like how long they take to complete so I always just Q'd for the most recent dungeons and stayed away from TW until max level.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Because I am 33 and have a life outside of the game, I will not let a game dictate some sort of schedule for me again I have been there and done that back in college. I play in my timeframe of 10PM-2AM and if someone else is there when I am great, but if they aren't then I don't want to be bothered with dealing with other people or their schedules.

- - - Updated - - -

I have noticed this since TW was introduces, they are tuned super hard for most Pugs. I don't like how long they take to complete so I always just Q'd for the most recent dungeons and stayed away from TW until max level.
    It's OK. If you don't want to be in a raiding guild and prefer to do your thing, that's cool. I see a lot of people like you every day and I don't really mind, it's like having extra NPC's in the game. And if they are in the other faction, unless they group together, it's just a matter of pressing down my cooldowns and erase them from the map.

I rarely have the need for pugging, but if I do, it's the same. I see them as NPC's followers. And in some content, like Island expeditions, I completely ignore them and I just do my thing.

So, in a sense, you perform the fine service of making the open world feel more alive, and for that, I have to thank you!

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just ignore them and keep playing.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    It’s probably got a lot to do with your attitude. You’re a very whiny individual from what I’ve seen you post. If you’re so thinly skinned that you can’t go out into the community, find a guild, and leave it if they turn out to be dicks, then that’s definitely a you problem. In all my years of playing WoW, I’ve encountered the guilds you describe ONCE.

I left, found a new one, and went about my business. If you’re finding yourself being kicked because stuff isn’t dying, or stuff is becoming considerably harder because of your performance, you can’t really blame them.

My guild downed heroic N’Zoth, and we’ve got a single hunter we carry the shit out of. We don’t give a shit, guys got a positive attitude about it. He’s cool. If for whatever reason, we ever got to a point where it was just impossible because of him, and we asked him to step out for that boss, he’d do it and he’d be reinvited as soon as the boss dies. This is not the first guild I’ve been in that does this.

Maybe I’m lucky and I just manage to find the right guilds for what I want to accomplish, or maybe it’s just my attitude that allows me to persevere. Hell, maybe it’s maybelline. But you’re definitely going to have a hard time finding anything positive with your negative attitude.
    This is pretty much spot on. We do the same thing in our guild raids. If they aren't a dick to us, we aren't a dick to them. While raiding, running keys, timewalking, world quests, etc.

If there is a problem in every group [Person A] is a part of, [Person A] cant possibly be the problem though.

Just clearing hc raids the last few expansions took me almost always way more time than a raid guild ever would.
    Just sucks with schedules and stuff, pugging is hellish imo.