Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    actualy we dont really know that wrath had WORLDS more players,they released the peak subs,a peak bfa could posibily have also had considering they had record sales,but you are crazy if you think wrath didnt have major drop offs at times,like at the end
    Don’t kid yourself, it’s all documented.

Wrath didn’t have any drop off, the drop off started in Cata and was pretty heavy.

If BfA brought subs to 12M, Blizzard would’ve posted about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    I hope we get similiar kind of receptiveness to feedback come SL Alpha.
    A worgen can dream......
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Don’t kid yourself, it’s all documented.

Wrath didn’t have any drop off, the drop off started in Cata and was pretty heavy.

If BfA brought subs to 12M, Blizzard would’ve posted about it.
    no,they wouldnt,they made the choice to stop

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    So Blizzard didn't do the XP boost because of covid 19 10 years ago, not because covid 19 wasn't a thing then, but because the game had more players. This is how stupid you have to be to genuinely believe WoW is dead, it's delusional, it's also sad
    I’m sorry you can’t differentiate between dead and alive.

The game was alive back then, it didn’t need 100% exp boosts to entice people.

So Blizzard didn't do the XP boost because of covid 19 10 years ago, not because covid 19 wasn't a thing then, but because the game had more players. This is how stupid you have to be to genuinely believe WoW is dead, it's delusional, it's also sad
    Welp, it's what some posters do. In fact, it's all they do and have been doing for years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    no,they wouldnt,they made the choice to stop
    No use trying to explain that to someone genuinely convinced that the game is dead.

MAU = the new business standard, yet only with WoW is it a sign of the game dying "fOr A fAcT" despite record sales as late as in BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get blizzard. Why don't they just make r3 essences account-wide? It's not like essences are some super integral part of WoW. It was only just added in 8.2 and will be gone in the Shadowlands pre-patch. Why make us have to grind echoes for something that'll get axed in less than 9 months? They mentioned how they always want some type of progression on alts, well there's still the good ol' gear progression, heart of azeroth and cloak to grind. There's still plenty of grinds for alts, just remove the unneeded ones and allow people to enjoy their alts without feeling like they have to slog through content for 3-4 weeks just so that they can unlock 3 R3 essences for a particular spec.

In the end essences don't impact your performance as much as corruption effects, but they impact your rotation more than azerite traits and corruption effects. It wouldn't matter if you only had the do the grind once, but when you're doing it for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th time, it just makes you want to rip your hair out. "So don't do it then" or "No one is forcing you to" or "Your alts don't deserve r3 essences" is such a stupid cop out and isn't even making a point. It just comes across as snobby attitude, wanting others to suffer because you would prefer it. If R3 essences were account-wide with zero restrictions, no one in the community would be burdened. No one would miss having to grind them either. Not once have I heard someone talk about how amazing unlocking essences were. It wasn't boring/tedious the 2nd, 3rd or 4th time, but when you're trying to progress your 8th alt and you're back to square one of unlocking r3 essences, it's hard not to fold over and say screw this.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

For the game to be dead, it wouldn't have regular content updates would it? Now, I'm not going to pretend WoW in 2020 has 12 million subs - simply because I do not know the sub count. It could have 12 million. It could have 1 million - no one can know until Blizzard decides to tell us. So you telling me the game is dead sounds just like me telling you the game has 50 million subs - it's completely ridiculous and not provable.

And let's not pretend Wrath didn't also offer systems to entice people to play, RaF, store mounts, heirlooms - that all was added in wrath
    And there's also this teensy-tiny little detail, that is oh-so-beloved by the community: LFD.

Oh, that's very nice. I had all the rank 3 essences (except for the BG one which I've been slacking on) for damage on my druid so I now have an easy way to unlock the healing and tanking ones. Nice.

Nice quality of life change, but doesn't make up for the original terrible implementation of this feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this change live yet? i have rank 3 artifice of time and sphere of suppression but can't buy blood of the enemy on any toon. (haven't gotten rank 3 of that yet). Or am i reading this wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    But more people were playing then than now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, let's compare 20% increased EXP to upwards of 70% in retail.

This actually just got me - notice when the game continued to die, they added more and more ways of getting increased EXP. At first it started in WotLK, in the form of 20% EXP. Was greatly expanded in Cata, and again in MoP. Same with WoD and Legion. Now there's just a fucking 100% bonus on top. lmao
    Or, the number of levels required to reach max has been expanding each expansion. I mean I'm no white knight for Blizz; they have made some MAJOR fuckups with gameplay, lore, and storytelling in BFA and I think it's one of the worst expansions they've ever rolled out, and I'm sure subs are diminishing just going by the fact that they refuse to release them anymore.

That being said, let's put the thinking cap on here and realize that Blizz wants WoW to do well, we as players want WoW to do well, and there is no reason to think they aren't trying to improve the game. Did they make these changes to appease players? Should these changes never have been needed in the first place? Will Blizz hopefully learn from this? Yes, yes, and yes. For me personally, they will have to move mountains to earn my interest in WoW again, but that doesn't mean I want them to stop trying, and neither should anyone else who used to enjoy, or still does enjoy, their games.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

i really do not get what exactly blizzard will „protect“ by not just giving essences for free to all ? heck, the next xpac is around a half year away, or a bit more. what do they think ppl will do or how they act ? i know a FUCK ton of ppl that simply just not starting another BfA character or alt shit, because of always the same explanations from them:

- BfA is over.
    - BfA was not great.
    - 8.3 seems not great.

And this is not the problem, but ALL of that ppl go like

„for that fuck, for not even a half year, with nothing to reach besides green gear in a half year, and for that 3 points above, i should grind that fuck shit ??? Hell, no! I play other games instead.“

That said, i COMPLETELY not get for what thing or why blizz will save that shit? With full instant alt access maybe some ppl play that game as an alt. But WAY more ppl play NOT with all that shit, than ppl that.... do what? what is the fear of blizz ? that ppl are „done“ with BfA too early when they give essences and full azerite instant ? Heck, they ARE already done. And no one start that shit at this point in time. At least for sure not more than the ppl they loose because „3 alts full maxed out, nothing todo, quit.“ than „hell, no, i do not do all that shit again. quit.“.

my english is not well, when i got drunk, but what i wanna say is:

Is Blizz really more afraid of players who go like

„i maxed out 3 alts in 2 months, because essences and azerite are instant for free, and now its 3 months to SL and i have nothing to do, i quit.“

than Blizzard is afraid of

„Sorry, i do not start all that shit again for an alt, even with this watered down alt essences. I have enough of all that grind and repeatance, and if i can not play an alt to get the another-class-feeling by direct go dungeon/raid/gearhunt, i am out.“

The second case is factor 10 more realistic than the first case. i dont get it, for what they wait. they will not loose anything, if they do a full catchup (without accountwide, currency and whatelse). for what they wait? what they are afraid of?

or is this some weird „when we give essences to all, ppl that worked hard for them before, are pissed“ romantic mentality or what?

WHAT. THE. FUCK. blizzard?

if i am a big company and realize no one starts playing alts, because the xpac is factual over and noone starts all that shit again, ipersonally would make that stuff free. because otherwise no one is interested in that shit, goes elsewhere, and MAYBE come back for SL.

i really dont get their stance at all.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-03-22 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoma View Post
    subs are diminishing just going by the fact that they refuse to release them anymore.

That being said, let's put the thinking cap on here and realize that Blizz wants WoW to do well, we as players want WoW to do well, and there is no reason to think they aren't trying to improve the game. .
    Their new measurement, is MAU (Monthly Active Users).
    And those, have been steady throughout BfA across Quarterly Reports and other titles not doing too hot.

Just as a note to the "refuse to release them", they do share statistics, just not game-specific ones. Most other companies dealing in online type stuff go by MAU now.

As for the second point, I think most genuine people will agree. The ratio between hits and misses in terms of design choices have been... let's just say, alarmingly frequent and one-sided as of late. So hopefully they have WoD in fresh memory still.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-22 at 11:17 PM.

Hey, making them actually useful to my main! Good stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    i really do not get what exactly blizzard will „protect“ by not just giving essences for free to all ? heck, the next xpac is around a half year away, or a bit more. what do they think ppl will do or how they act ? i know a FUCK ton of ppl that simply just not starting another BfA character or alt shit, because of always the same explanations from them:

- BfA is over.
    - BfA was not great.
    - 8.3 seems not great.

And this is not the problem, but ALL of that ppl go like

„for that fuck, for not even a half year, with nothing to reach besides green gear in a half year, and for that 3 points above, i should grind that fuck shit ??? Hell, no! I play other games instead.“

That said, i COMPLETELY not get for what thing or why blizz will save that shit? With full instant alt access maybe some ppl play that game as an alt. But WAY more ppl play NOT with all that shit, than ppl that.... do what? what is the fear of blizz ? that ppl are „done“ with BfA too early when they give essences and full azerite instant ? Heck, they ARE already done. And no one start that shit at this point in time. At least for sure not more than the ppl they loose because „3 alts full maxed out, nothing todo, quit.“ than „hell, no, i do not do all that shit again. quit.“.

my english is not well, when i got drunk, but what i wanna say is:

Is Blizz really more afraid of players who go like

„i maxed out 3 alts in 2 months, because essences and azerite are instant for free, and now its 3 months to SL and i have nothing to do, i quit.“

than Blizzard is afraid of

„Sorry, i do not start all that shit again for an alt, even with this watered down alt essences. I have enough of all that grind and repeatance, and if i can not play an alt to get the another-class-feeling by direct go dungeon/raid/gearhunt, i am out.“

The second case is factor 10 more realistic than the first case. i dont get it, for what they wait. they will not loose anything, if they do a full catchup (without accountwide, currency and whatelse). for what they wait? what they are afraid of?

or is this some weird „when we give essences to all, ppl that worked hard for them before, are pissed“ romantic mentality or what?

WHAT. THE. FUCK. blizzard?

if i am a big company and realize no one starts playing alts, because the xpac is factual over and noone starts all that shit again, ipersonally would make that stuff free. because otherwise no one is interested in that shit, goes elsewhere, and MAYBE come back for SL.

i really dont get their stance at all.
    they are trying to do some damage control .

i mean we have almost april and alpha is not even out.

this means that with 99% certainty we can expect either decemeber or january release . not sooner.

coronavirus will likely push it even further.

they have to give people something to farm because there will be 0 new content untill shadowlands. essences are such " content"

most people will take 1 month + to get all of them on each alt.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    they are trying to do some damage control .

i mean we have almost april and alpha is not even out.

this means that with 99% certainty we can expect either decemeber or january release . not sooner.

coronavirus will likely push it even further.

they have to give people something to farm because there will be 0 new content untill shadowlands. essences are such " content"

most people will take 1 month + to get all of them on each alt.
    are you sure this works out for more ppl than ppl that quit because they have zero interests in doing all such shit again ? really not sure about that.

-I refuse to play this game unless you change this
    -Blizzard changes this
    -You are just trying to get our money.

Like, wut?
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    good stuff
    I just started playing my hunter to finish my rank 3 life force so I can get the healing rank three health distribution essence
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

There's something new.!