Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.
    Then put in the time to get there.

There are a lot of factors playing into why you cant get up to speed. A big part of it happen to be essences. Corrupted gear perhaps plays a bigger role. And if you add in, not exactly getting the right i-lvl of gear, but the right secondary stats and Az traits. I spent October thru January on the sidelines and I am still not caught up. When I am 440 everyone else is 460, when I am 450 everyone else is 470. There is no true catch up mechanism in BFA which is one of the many endless issues with BFA. For example, I have a 420 druid, if I do an emissary quest I get a 415 az piece (useless), if I do a BG maybe I get a 425 piece or maybe I dont. If I do an M+ on the low end, I'll probably get something useful, but good luck into a M+ Pug at 420.

The bottom line is Blizzard needs to stop progressing alts at slow increments. If you're 385, 410 or 420, at this point in the xpac, why not give players a 440 or 445 for an emissary quest (just like what everyone else gets). Instead they slow progression, kill motivation and add to player frustration. Whoever designed the gear system in BFA needs to be fired or sent on a Kandy Krush project.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What I don't get about people wanting to skip grinds on alts; don't you people make alts so you have something else to do? That's what I do and since this isn't Team Fortress or Overwatch where you can just switch your character on the fly, well, you get my drift. I don't need another infraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    Than those people play wrong game and WoW as MMORPG game simply isnt game for them. Advice would be go play something els like LoL or PoE.

People also play alts because the class and specs are completely different, alongside their roles.
    While WoW doesn't do easy switches like these, FF14 does. So it's not like it's alien to the (successful) MMO market.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-03-21 at 10:25 PM.

Anyone who thinks account wide essences are essential for playing alts are on the wrong track.

"Yey my alt gained rank 3 essences and now I do 2-4k more dps."

But alts are still unplayable because I'm doing like 10k-20k less damage than my main not because of essences but lack of account wide gear. Bis azerite pieces from raids and trinkets play much bigger role than tiny essence upgrades.

Account wide essences were good step but insignificant compared to gear updates from mythic raiding.
    I hope you're being sarcastic. But considering the mindset of people still playing retail, I'll have to take you seriously. They should make account wide everything. Even to characters you haven't boosted to max level via the Blizzard store yet. Additionally, you should have all loots straight into the mail without having to do absolutely anything, not that you have to do much anyway. Just AFK in the skies of Azeroth, where crackheads like you belong.

That said, I'm hearing rumors that the expansion after Welfarelands will be called "World of Warcraft: Equality". In addition to all races having a third gender, you will need to do nothing but afk in the skies of Equality. That's where you will get your experience from leveling up to the new level cap, 69. With account wide gear being standard, items you obtain from the skies of Azeroth will now automatically be given to all members of your guild whether they like it or not. Bag space issues and having to click the mailbox to obtain items due to stacked bags will be addressed after a few tear stained threads and tweets from idiots like you. Don't use your keyboard and mouse at all and invest fully on a monitor. Just stare your way to glory.

Acc-wide gear is never happening, but I wouldn't see a problem with acc-wide titan research or even cloak level.

whats the point to play a alt if you want all the stuff you have on your main on your alt without doing any work?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You've been playing a different game than what I've seen then. Either that or you're being unreasonably literal.
    When people feel the need to exaggerate for their argument to be valid, it's automatically invalid. Hey, not my fault.

I must admit I do miss the days of spamming Shadowbolt back in the day. Maybe use a curse now and then if assigned for it. These days it's too simple indeed. I also miss the days of casting only Holy Light as a paladin in ICC. Better than the whole simple and boring glimmer build we have today, it's a lot more braindead indeed. Oh how I miss casting Frostbolt 24/7 in MC. Oh, and decursing of course. It's so much more braindead and simple today indeed. Don't even get me started on how complicated disc priests were before compared to now. Where are all my useful abilities??
    And yeah, what the fuck, every 2-3 minute when I use my cooldowns it causes a gcd??? Combat is so slow! I know they were on the gcd before as well, but then they removed it! How dare they! And some of my mobility spells are on the gcd?? Braindead.
    And don't get me started on losing Eyes of the Beast. I can't manually control my Hunter pet anymore? My God.

See how exaggerating doesn't really help? And yes, I have been playing a different game. It's been evolving and changing for 15 years. Or are you saying the game hasn't changed? I thought that was the whole point - bad changes.

I'm not saying classes are more fun and engaging to play now than, say, MoP or even WoD. But to say classes has been butchered and simplified etc? Lmao. You can actually do mistakes now that results in a DPS loss. How can you fuck up using 1 ability like you did in the early stages of the game? Come on.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    You have that. They're called heirlooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    I hope you're being sarcastic. But considering the mindset of people still playing retail, I'll have to take you seriously. They should make account wide everything. Even to characters you haven't boosted to max level via the Blizzard store yet. Additionally, you should have all loots straight into the mail without having to do absolutely anything, not that you have to do much anyway. Just AFK in the skies of Azeroth, where crackheads like you belong.

That said, I'm hearing rumors that the expansion after Welfarelands will be called "World of Warcraft: Equality". In addition to all races having a third gender, you will need to do nothing but afk in the skies of Equality. That's where you will get your experience from leveling up to the new level cap, 69. With account wide gear being standard, items you obtain from the skies of Azeroth will now automatically be given to all members of your guild whether they like it or not. Bag space issues and having to click the mailbox to obtain items due to stacked bags will be addressed after a few tear stained threads and tweets from idiots like you. Don't use your keyboard and mouse at all and invest fully on a monitor. Just stare your way to glory.
    So everyone who plays retail has the same mindset, huh?

Welfarelands. Clever. That name really made your arguments a lot stronger. What was this about a certain mindset, I wonder?
    Hi

This has to be a bait threat...

It has never been easier to gear an alt. I leveled my DH to 120 via islands and never touched him again until last week. Now i have 2 level 3 essences working on the third and have an item level of 450. And i have a full time job affected hard by corono in the way, that i work 12 hours a day right now.

This is at its core still an RPG. Gearing is the main aspect of the game together with endgame like PVP/PVE. If you take one of them out the rest will be boring as hell.

Look at leveling. With full heirlooms you get NOTHING. That made gearing incredibly boring while leveling and as a result leveling itself is horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    Acc-wide gear is never happening
    They did this already with Heirlooms - they've even been endgame relevant in terms of the Heirloom weapons from Siege of Orgrimmar like Hellscream Decapitator, or later in Legion with the Orb of Voidsight that granted 10% damage to Demons remained relevant in raiding after leveling. In addition to this, BoE gear with high Corruption exists in the game currently. And in previous expansions just as BC, you could create very powerful weapons/gear you could give to alts as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Some people just want to skip everything and get their mythic N'Zoth kill.
    God forbid people are sick of grinding the same grind for a system that was only implemented last patch and will be gone in 8.3.5. Want to know the biggest kicker of them all? The system replacing it, covenant abilities, will be unlocked account-wide fro all alts to use once obtained on one of your characters. That's right, the system replacing essences, will be account wide with zero restrictions.

The funny thing is that you have to use a strawman like "Well why don't we just make everything account-wide" to pretend you're making a point. Reality is, making r3 essences account wide would hurt you, wouldn't hurt me and it wouldn't hurt anyone. No one would miss grinding essences and it would allow people to have full access to their toolkit and enjoy playing content of their choosing.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    When people feel the need to exaggerate for their argument to be valid, it's automatically invalid. Hey, not my fault.
    So you feel that making an equally ridiculous counter-argument also involving absolutes is fine?

Let's just agree that classes have been over-pruned, and that Blizzard has too heavily relied upon temporary expansion-limited abilities. It leaves classes feeling empty and weak at the beginning of each expansion. And it doesn't help that something like BfA, where the temporary power changes each major update(x.1 x.2 x.3). The specific case of Azerite gear is possibly the worst incarnation of this.

The point being that Blizzard badly needs to re-think their overall approach to character and class progression. Simply taking things away and re-selling it back to us every expansion is a bad approach. "The Great Unpruning" isn't going to solve this. A handful of flavor abilities returning to classes doesn't add depth or meaning. It's just fluff, when the classes need significant improvement and things ADDED to them.

Instead we're getting Covenants......more temporary power.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2020-03-22 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So you feel that making an equally ridiculous counter-argument also involving absolutes is fine?

Let's just agree that classes have been over-pruned, and that Blizzard has too heavily relied upon temporary expansion-limited abilities. It leaves classes feeling empty and weak at the beginning of each expansion. And it doesn't help that something like BfA, where the temporary power changes each major update(x.1 x.2 x.3). The specific case of Azerite gear is possibly the worst incarnation of this.

The point being that Blizzard badly needs to re-think their overall approach to character and class progression. Simply taking things away and re-selling it back to us every expansion is a bad approach. "The Great Unpruning" isn't going to solve this. A handful of flavor abilities returning to classes doesn't add depth or meaning. It's just fluff, when the classes need significant improvement and things ADDED to them.

Instead we're getting Covenants......more temporary power.
    The trick is to go back to tbc but that is a very bitter pill for people to swallow.

If cata taught me anything it was this. Dont make a end game with only super easy and hard as the two difficulties and once you remove challenge like you did in wotlk people will handle it poorly having it reintroduced.

It's why mythic dungeons become a thing. They couldn't just give us back heroic dungeons. A entire expansion passed without them and people had a real hit to their ego finding out they couldn't complete them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They did this already with Heirlooms - they've even been endgame relevant in terms of the Heirloom weapons from Siege of Orgrimmar like Hellscream Decapitator, or later in Legion with the Orb of Voidsight that granted 10% damage to Demons remained relevant in raiding after leveling. In addition to this, BoE gear with high Corruption exists in the game currently. And in previous expansions just as BC, you could create very powerful weapons/gear you could give to alts as well.
    I mean equivalent gear through all your characters. Say, I have 475 on my main and that reflects on all my alts. I'm well aware of past heirlooms, I mean actual gear that is relevant to the current content and spans over all equipment (e.g. not just a selected slot).

This is such a blatant troll that I would be staggered it made 10 pages of posts... if it were anywhere other than MMOC. Here, I'm more surprised it hasn't sucked in 20 pages.

There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.
    "Damnit! Why does Blizz keep stripping away all the RPG elements! This sucks!"
    "Damnit! Why doesn't Blizz make everything account wide so our characters don't matter! This sucks!"

Which party is right?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is a troll, do not feed him.

Obviously, none would ever be serious about this, it makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I mean equivalent gear through all your characters. Say, I have 475 on my main and that reflects on all my alts. I'm well aware of past heirlooms, I mean actual gear that is relevant to the current content and spans over all equipment (e.g. not just a selected slot).
    Fair enough. People would still want the opportunity to gear up alts as if they were fresh characters though, and would probably feel like they would be 'forced' to use this kind of power if it was as readily available like this. I can imagine a situation where people are just mailing around the same plate set between three plate characters they have just to be at a good power level and being annoyed at how inconvenient that would be. Something less cumbersome would be the ability to switch classes at a whim - this way if you want a different experience with classes you can have that if this kind of mailing inconvenience ever became a thing. And even to an extended point, not everyone has access to mail everywhere so that would have to be addressed if this kind of thing was going to work less painfully.

I think a good middle-ground is to provide account-bound gear tokens that, while not as powerful as your current gear, can still get your alts to a point where they can at least do the content that your main is doing much in the way that Timeless Isle did. Sending your alts powerful catch up gear once a patch is a lot less cumbersome than always and continually every time you log into your alts having to mail your current most powerful plate or whatever set. To speak of the current situation, there is some account-bound gear tokens in 8.3 right now, but they're not nearly as powerful or as plentiful as people would have wanted as compared to Timeless Isle. They can get characters started in the Assaults or Visions, but characters still need to bash their heads against those and Mythic Plus for a while before they can actually start jumping into other forms of content that could probably be even close to comparable to what their main is doing. So I think those rewards could have been more generous (or at least, more generous in terms of how they scale relative to the character obtaining them). Also, on the Timeless Isle there was a monkey that took coins and you could open chests for those for more tokens, and you already got a lot just from doing things on the Island. By contrast in 8.3 there aren't nearly as many tokens dropping from activities, and there aren't any turn ins for currency to get even more.

One thing that does kind of strike me in all of this is how much more convenient Miscellaneous armor pieces like Necks and Rings are than other pieces of equipment. If Account-Bound gear were ever truly a thing, would gear have to transform into equivalent gear of another armor type when mailed to that alt? It would probably be best in this kind of situation if items had one form in cloth, leather, mail, plate, etc. so that if you ever mail the same gear across many different characters and it ends up coming back to the main that it doesn't end up turning into a completely different set by the time it transforms yet again back to the armor type you started with.

An account-bound chest you could drop down to store account-bound gear or other goodies in would probably be needed now that I think about it. Or just in general having an account-wide backback/inventory... maybe that's something that would have to be done.
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-03-22 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You may not like the implementation but it is account-wide. Once you unlock a rank 3 essence through the normal means, any 120 on your account can farm echoes and gain access to not only that essence, but its healing/damage/tanking counterparts.

It isn't the 'AFK essences in the mail' some of you seem to want, but it is account-wide.
    Account wide vendor unlocks