Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sykretts View Post
    Isn't every thread, ever, essentially that technically? Baiting people into discussing something based on an opinion.
    Are you being retarded on purpose or?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Are you being retarded on purpose or?
    Wow, classy. Don't need to delve any further with you on this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.
    Boa gear that is in the game gives you a big boost towards that right away, you can hit 120 and instantly jump to just over 400 item level. From that point it is very easy to close the gap. If you main is extremely well geared you might not catch them completely, but it would mean you have other access to high end gear. If you are pushing high mythic + keys and raiding mythic you can easy get your alts 10 to 15 mythic + caches and at the very least a quick and easy heroic raid run.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why don't we petition Blizzard to replace the entire game with a button that, upon pressing, begins to play a holographic recording of J Allen Brack who stares passionately into your eyes and says, "Hey, you're the best! There's nobody better than you!"

Elitism? Solved.

Bad luck? Solved.

Toxic players? Solved.

Ion, if you're reading this feel free to DM me. I'll let you guys use this one for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I prefer this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What I don't get about people wanting to skip grinds on alts; don't you people make alts so you have something else to do? That's what I do and since this isn't Team Fortress or Overwatch where you can just switch your character on the fly, well, you get my drift. I don't need another infraction.
    I make them to play fun content more times per week. That's raids and M+. I'm okay with(not happy, but it's okay) doing stupid content on my main the first time around to unlock things. On my alts I just want to play the good parts of the game and skip the bad parts I've already been forced through. Now, until recently I had enough time to just play alts anyway even though it requires an absurd time investment, but it was never what I wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tmamass View Post
    Please dont feed this troll.

Yes, and these people are in Guilds called Method, Limitless, etc and they dont complain about gearing alts ever....
    Uh... what? There's loads of people outside of the top guilds who play alts to a similar level as their main. And the part about complaining is hopefully sarcasm? Because both Method and Limit absolutely complain about all the shit you have to do for alts nowadays. The only "exception" I can think of is Nnogga, who is against any catchup or nerfs at all because it "devalues" what people have already done.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2020-03-21 at 01:32 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Anyone who thinks account wide essences are essential for playing alts are on the wrong track.

"Yey my alt gained rank 3 essences and now I do 2-4k more dps."

But alts are still unplayable because I'm doing like 10k-20k less damage than my main not because of essences but lack of account wide gear. Bis azerite pieces from raids and trinkets play much bigger role than tiny essence upgrades.

Account wide essences were good step but insignificant compared to gear updates from mythic raiding.
    Something more radical that I've been pondering is the idea of removing gear from the game. Set templates for PvP/PvE so you can just play the content you want to and it will all boil down to skill.

I'm not even kidding, it might be an interesting approach. Rewards can be shifter towards cosmetics and access to more content or story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you're wanting gear that you get on your main to be automatically mailed to your alts or something? yeah no, that will never ever happen. and if that's not what you actually mean then you've not done a very good job of explaining. in fact, you've given no details about how this system would work in your opinion
    wow, did u actually take this thread seriously?

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with Essences was not damage, it was that the affected how you played your class and how the class functioned. I don't feel that farming Lucid Dreams on alts for 21 days was anything people really wanted, nor was running Op:Mechagon on repeat or raiding TEP in 8.3. Another issue was timegating with Essences.

Gear is gear. Assuming you had a good group of friends (or lots of gold) you could run M+ or raid and be relatively decked out in a few hours in a single day. As for Lucid Dreams you were limited to logging in daily for over two weeks.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

These aren't account wide essences. Tripped right out of the gate on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    I dont know...its a complicated discussion.

Its a mini-timegate...the situation may depend from one person to another.

I only know i will never do the cloak quest unlock ever again. That thing took me 3 or 4 hours.
    It's only 1-2 on alts, you can skip two of the longer scenarios.

So easy to spot the ancients in forums with regards to alts. As if everyone else is wrong for wanting to play an alt without making wow a second job. God forbid man

Anyone who thinks account wide essences are essential for playing alts are on the wrong track.

But alts are still unplayable because I'm doing like 10k-20k less damage than my main not because of essences but lack of account wide gear. Bis azerite pieces from raids and trinkets play much bigger role than tiny essence upgrades.

Account wide essences were good step but insignificant compared to gear updates from mythic raiding.
    You're joking, aren't you? Please tell me you're joking. "Free mythic-raid gear to alts"?

Why not also give alts Gladiator PvP gear when reaching max level?
    Why not also give alts full reps when reaching max level?
    Why not also give alts full flight when reaching max level?
    Why not also give alts max level right out of the character creation screen?
    Why not also give you the unrestricted ability to change your character's class, race, faction AND server at will?

FFS, Blizzard gives a hand you guys want the whole arm and then some!

- - - Updated - - -

There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.
    Then they should invest time on their alts if they want to have it perform close to their mains and stop asking for handouts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    Imagine people are actually falling for this bait thread.
    Why not? After all, Poe's Law is a thing. I honestly don't doubt that someone, or even the OP themselves, hold that opinion unironically.

10+ Year Old Account

I only know i will never do the cloak quest unlock ever again. That thing took me 3 or 4 hours.
    It's just a quicker alternative, it's not complicated at all, you still can farm essences the old way, or get them gradually by doing whatever daily shit you are wanted to do. Which is way more alt-friendly, because doing invasions once per 3 days and couple of visions per week gives you access to whatever essences you need on your alts, instead of needing to beg people to do old raids with you, or waste time on BGs because BotE is that good on feral

- - - Updated - - -

It already exists, it's called heirloom gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I make them to play fun content more times per week. That's raids and M+.
    You can do raids and M+ indefinitely, you don't need alts to do them, unless you meant something else or mythic raiding exclusively, which would be weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What I don't get about people wanting to skip grinds on alts; don't you people make alts so you have something else to do? That's what I do and since this isn't Team Fortress or Overwatch where you can just switch your character on the fly, well, you get my drift. I don't need another infraction.
    Some people just want to skip everything and get their mythic N'Zoth kill.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Why don't we petition Blizzard to replace the entire game with a button that, upon pressing, begins to play a holographic recording of J Allen Brack who stares passionately into your eyes and says, "Hey, you're the best! There's nobody better than you!"

Elitism? Solved.

Bad luck? Solved.

Toxic players? Solved.

Ion, if you're reading this feel free to DM me. I'll let you guys use this one for free.

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer this version.
    Oh YTP is such a hilarious and unexpected version of youtube.

Give a mouse a cookie.....

If you've done it on one toon once, then your alts will only spend about 25-40 minutes on it max. Since the only thing you have to do is travel back and forth, do Uldum and Vale assaults (can be carried, etc; I just stick to objectives and finish in a about 5-10 minutes depending on the objectives) and then BWD. Other than that it's a lot easier the second time around.

so gear up your alt

My current problem - game is tuned for players, who have "pseudo-BIS" gear from previous content, but endlessly grind some "endgame character progression" crap, such as AP, reps, essences, cloak, corruptions, etc. I just don't want play this way, because I want to play my alts. In the past there was some room for playing on alts, as there was some casual content. But not now. Playing on alts means suffering from lack of that "pseudo-BIS" gear and all that "endgame character progression" crap from previous content, player should have been grinding for months before releasing current content. My solution - make all long term grind account-wide. TRULY ACCOUNT-WIDE. Because grinding some currency with lack of features, needed for comfortable playing, means suffering for months. And I pay my $15 not for suffering, sorry. But per-character progression should stay. Including gear. Otherwise it would look like Firefall, where we had costumes instead classed, that could be switched at any moment.

TL;DR If Blizzard want us to do some long term grind to keep us subbed, then this grind should be account-wide, so altoholics would be in the same conditions, as players, who play main only. Switching to alt shouldn't throw months of grind to trash. There shouldn't be any difference between playing main only and several alts. It's player, who play game, not characters. Per-character progression should stay. As in old times.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

how is this a time gate you can farm them infinitely ( i for example got 3 essences a day form vessels, weekly box + keys)
    I.O BFA Season 3