Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Gearing and essences are not comparable. You can get gear from doing anything you want or enjoy. Essences are on rail requirements. If I could get blood of the enemy for doing whatever content I enjoy like M+ or raiding instead of pvp I would never have cared if they were account wide or not. People just don't like being forced into the same unchanging grind over and over again for them which is why blizzard caved and gave us this method for getting them account wide and then even loosened the spec restrictions required for unlocking some of them too.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    My current problem - game is tuned for players, who have "pseudo-BIS" gear from previous content, but endlessly grind some "endgame character progression" crap, such as AP, reps, essences, cloak, corruptions, etc. I just don't want play this way, because I want to play my alts. In the past there was some room for playing on alts, as there was some casual content. But not now. Playing on alts means suffering from lack of that "pseudo-BIS" gear and all that "endgame character progression" crap from previous content, player should have been grinding for months before releasing current content. My solution - make all long term grind account-wide. TRULY ACCOUNT-WIDE. Because grinding some currency with lack of features, needed for comfortable playing, means suffering for months. And I pay my $15 not for suffering, sorry. But per-character progression should stay. Including gear. Otherwise it would look like Firefall, where we had costumes instead classed, that could be switched at any moment.

TL;DR If Blizzard want us to do some long term grind to keep us subbed, then this grind should be account-wide, so altoholics would be in the same conditions, as players, who play main only. Switching to alt shouldn't throw months of grind to trash. There shouldn't be any difference between playing main only and several alts. It's player, who play game, not characters. Per-character progression should stay. As in old times.
    Know how stupid this sounds? Essences for alts and now you want account wide gear? As much as this game is on its few legs of being an rpg imo if you want the gear you work for it. Put the effort get rewarded for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Anyone who thinks account wide essences are essential for playing alts are on the wrong track.

"Yey my alt gained rank 3 essences and now I do 2-4k more dps."

But alts are still unplayable because I'm doing like 10k-20k less damage than my main not because of essences but lack of account wide gear. Bis azerite pieces from raids and trinkets play much bigger role than tiny essence upgrades.

Account wide essences were good step but insignificant compared to gear updates from mythic raiding.
    Go away troll, i'm gearing toon after toon on classic, just like i did back in the day, on tbc, in wrath cata.. wod.. etc.
    Gearing isn't an issue if titanfart is gone, essences are stupid.
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

There will be a day people won't whine for the little single thing they can think of. the day is not today

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    It's really really weird, but there was this guy who had some clothes and toys. He outgrew them, and he gave them to his little brother. I know that is a bizarre concept, but that's how life works.

What I find odd is the concept of BoP. I picked up this thing, and now it is forever stuck to me unless I destroy it. I can take it to a pawn shop to get a few dollars for it, but then the pawn store owner has to burn it out back.

I'm fine with not being able to trade gear between other players, but everything you earn should be account-bound at this point. There are other games that do this, and they are just fine.

The way everything is personal loot now, it doesn't make sense to lock things to that one character.

- - - Updated - - -

No there won't. There also won't be a day that people don't post in threads to complain about the people who are whining.
    And a day people complain about people that complain on others people whining.

Next time blizzard gives mythic gear to everyone you still whine

Next you'll want account wide accounts or something like that
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Except for the fact that I'm not whining about anything.
    yet you are , about getting handed anything to you without putting any effort so there you go
    and the single fact you felt to answer to my previous post proves my post , people will whine even if they get mythic gear for free

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    My current problem - game is tuned for players, who have "pseudo-BIS" gear from previous content
    That's not true
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's not true
    In the Pug world, it probably is.
    But the pug world is always a mess.

Ive been kicked in legion for not having Netherlight Crucible's extra item level.
    Ive been kicked yesterday because my party found a better item level tank for a Freehold mythic 0. I had 436 ilvl and was totally ready this time around.

I highly doubt you will get kicked for having sub-par corruption...but you never know in the pug world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    If you've done it on one toon once, then your alts will only spend about 25-40 minutes on it max. Since the only thing you have to do is travel back and forth, do Uldum and Vale assaults (can be carried, etc; I just stick to objectives and finish in a about 5-10 minutes depending on the objectives) and then BWD. Other than that it's a lot easier the second time around.
    Thank you for the info
    Since we are here...how do we complete this "assaults" in Uldum and Vale as fast as possible?

When i kill a rare i get 10%
    When i kill a minion i get 1%

I tried in general chat "comeone wnats to group up to complete assault"?
    No replies

What i did was follow around random people who knew what they were doing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Since we are here...how do we complete this "assaults" in Uldum and Vale as fast as possible?

When i kill a rare i get 10%
    When i kill a minion i get 1%

I tried in general chat "comeone wnats to group up to complete assault"?
    No replies

What i did was follow around random people who knew what they were doing...and did as fast as possible,
    Personally what I do is use HandyNotes with the Visions of N'zoth module and it puts a yellow dot on all the bonus objectives. Then I just run to each and do them. They give about 20-30% each depending on which one it is. Most are really easy to do. Rares give 10%, but most take way too long compared to doing 10 activities for 1% each. I also tend to skip dailies just because the time investment isn't worth it on my alts. My main I do them sometimes.

Citation, please. I'll wait for you to provide the quote where I asked for anything to be handed to me without any effort.
    I'm fine with not being able to trade gear between other players, but everything you earn should be account-bound at this point. There are other games that do this, and they are just fine.

definition of WHINING

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Personally what I do is use HandyNotes with the Visions of N'zoth module and it puts a yellow dot on all the bonus objectives. Then I just run to each and do them. They give about 20-30% each depending on which one it is. Most are really easy to do. Rares give 10%, but most take way too long compared to doing 10 activities for 1% each. I also tend to skip dailies just because the time investment isn't worth it on my alts. My main I do them sometimes.
    Ah yes Thanks
    The classic situation of Blizzard implementing "sandbox" content only to be destroyed and streamlined by an addon (^_^) classic situation

I already walked around aimlessly for a long time...so i will absolutely download the addon thanks

Ah yes Thanks
    The classic situation of Blizzard implementing "sandbox" content only to be destroyed and streamlined by an addon (^_^) classic situation

I already walked around aimlessly for a long time...so i will absolutely download the addon thanks
    Yeah I mean there are multiple ways to get %. I just find the objectives to be more efficient, plus they give rep and a few Coalescing Visions to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by niztheundead87 View Post

definition of WHINING
    Black Desert Online does it, yes But gear is incredibly hard to manage there. Repairs...upgrades...RNG...pay to win...farm all day.
    Strange game with pretty graphics and fighter gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who let the town crazy out of their cell?

Black Desert Online does it, yes But gear is incredibly hard to manage there. Repairs...upgrades...RNG...pay to win...farm all day.
    Strange game with pretty graphics and fighter gameplay.
    imagine comparing wow to black desert lol

lame p2w game

Ok. You're delusional. I can accept that. Have a nice day.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine being sane.
    i linked your own words how is that even delusional

are you denying the fact that black desert has stuff like You can pay for some stuff like Value packs that give you some bonuses like more storage and inventory slots, you can buy pets that auto pick up loot that enemies drop or costumes that help you gain skills quicker defo p2w

and btw the only one with hurt feelings here is you because you felt the need to answer to my first post which is about ungrateful whiny people like you are , if blizzard turned around and handed everyone mythic gear for free and millions of gold you would still find something to whine

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Pug world, it probably is.
    But the pug world is always a mess.

Ive been kicked in legion for not having Netherlight Crucible's extra item level.
    Ive been kicked yesterday because my party found a better item level tank for a Freehold mythic 0. I had 436 ilvl and was totally ready this time around.

I highly doubt you will get kicked for having sub-par corruption...but you never know in the pug world.
    None of what you've said have anything to do with what i was saying. The game is not tuned around your toon having bis gear from previous content
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

What does that have to do with anything? You're working awfully hard to build up a strawman out of a game I've never even played.

You're really the one whining now. You need to look up the definition of it.

Expressing a dissenting opinion is not whining.
    do you want mythic gear for free or what , your alts should never be as strong as your mains. easy as that i made a post that acc wide gear cant be done because people would still find smth to whine like you did , little snowflake. go call the thought police on me now

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Got to love people defending Blizz, praising them for adding more hoops to jump through... totally oblivious that all these additions were designed to pad out their beloved MUAs.

No, I was fine with putting effort for gear... I ain't going out of my way for fucking essences top of that for Alts, tyvm. It has absolutely nothing to do with "laziness", I draw the line on mindless tediums.

But please, keep defending that with low wit mock threads.
    Oh yes, the old "everyone that disagrees with me is a shill or a moron" argument used by people that have no actual argument.

Essences are gear. Neck is gear. Cloak is gear.

Your problem is you think you should get gear for free on your other characters just because you did it once. Obviously it should be easier, and it is. The fact you think it's more hoops to jump through proves you have no idea what you're talking about. They added them to things everyone actually working on getting a character going was going to be doing anyway. The only possible logic is you are someone that literally agrees with the OP, in which case, you should play a different kind of game and stop trying to remove things from mine.

It's everything to do with laziness. You don't wish to put in the time, even when it's been reduced and added to things you would be doing anyway if you actually wanted to play the game, which you clearly don't.
    Last edited by Shaetha; 2020-03-21 at 08:54 AM.