Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Account wide essences are not enough, we need account wide gear

Anyone who thinks account wide essences are essential for playing alts are on the wrong track.

"Yey my alt gained rank 3 essences and now I do 2-4k more dps."

But alts are still unplayable because I'm doing like 10k-20k less damage than my main not because of essences but lack of account wide gear. Bis azerite pieces from raids and trinkets play much bigger role than tiny essence upgrades.

Account wide essences were good step but insignificant compared to gear updates from mythic raiding.

Blizzard just replaced timegated essences with another mini-timegate, advertised as "account-wide"...if this doesnt tell you everything you need to know about Blizzard...i dont know.

Never gonna happen

What I don't get about people wanting to skip grinds on alts; don't you people make alts so you have something else to do? That's what I do and since this isn't Team Fortress or Overwatch where you can just switch your character on the fly, well, you get my drift. I don't need another infraction.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Blizzard just replaced timegated essences with another mini-timegate, advertised as "account-wide"...if this doesnt tell you everything you need to know about Blizzard...i dont know.

Never gonna happen
    You may not like the implementation but it is account-wide. Once you unlock a rank 3 essence through the normal means, any 120 on your account can farm echoes and gain access to not only that essence, but its healing/damage/tanking counterparts.

It isn't the 'AFK essences in the mail' some of you seem to want, but it is account-wide.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    What I don't get about people wanting to skip grinds on alts; don't you people make alts so you have something else to do? That's what I do and since this isn't Team Fortress or Overwatch where you can just switch your character on the fly, well, you get my drift. I don't need another infraction.
    There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.

No, you should not be able to power up alts solely by playing your main.

The way they've done it here is good enough, you can get the essences much easier but you still have to actually play the game to get them.

Account wide gear shouldn't be a thing, unless you still have to put in a lot of effort on your alt to actually get said account wide gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    There are people who like to play end game content with alts and perform close to their main.
    And there are people who want to slather themselves in peanut butter and have a fifteen-hooker gangbang, what is your point?

That wasn't hyperbolic at all, beacuse what you're suggesting - and I'm 99% sure you're just taking the piss with this topic - is changing the entire genre of a game. Yeah, you pay your 15 dollars I'm sure you think Blizzard should pull a SWG on WoW. While you're at it, look up SWG and how it happened.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    And they can. At scarcely 3 days played my mechagnome hunter can outdps my original gnome hunter from Legion, because I've put in the work/time on her since 8.3 arrived.

People that don't want to put in the effort with alts shouldn't roll them. Simple as that.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You may not like the implementation but it is account-wide. Once you unlock a rank 3 essence through the normal means, any 120 on your account can farm echoes and gain access to not only that essence, but its healing/damage/tanking counterparts.

It isn't the 'AFK essences in the mail' some of you seem to want, but it is account-wide.
    I dont know...its a complicated discussion.

Its a mini-timegate...the situation may depend from one person to another.

I only know i will never do the cloak quest unlock ever again. That thing took me 3 or 4 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And they can. At scarcely 3 days played my mechagnome hunter can outdps my original gnome hunter from Legion, because I've put in the work/time on her since 8.3 arrived.

People that don't want to put in the effort with alts shouldn't roll them. Simple as that.
    These threads are never about putting in / having to put in effort. People simply want to warp WoW into another game they want to play but that they can't beacuse they are addicted to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    doing the same story and dailies/wqs over and over isn't fun... i want to play dungeons, not do dailies/wqs or a story i've already experienced several times... wqs, dailies and the story are boring... i've got the cloak 8 on characters, i am so done with that storyline to obtain it...
    Yeah sorry buddy, since I have the habit to check post histories before posting to obvious responses, I'm not going to engage. Better luck next try.
    Last edited by Justpassing; 2020-03-20 at 09:20 PM.

And there are people who want to slather themselves in peanut butter and have a fifteen-hooker gangbang, what is your point?

That wasn't hyperbolic at all, beacuse what you're suggesting - and I'm 99% sure you're just taking the piss with this topic - is changing the entire genre of a game. Yeah, you pay your 15 dollars I'm sure you think Blizzard should pull a SWG on WoW. While you're at it, look up SWG and how it happened.
    uh....... so... any chance you could point me towards those people? ...for a friend....

Accound wide essences or gear(yes I know the OP wasn't being serious) wouldn't be necessary if Blizzard hadn't gutted classes of all their abilities and rented them back via temporary power through legendaries/essences/azerite.

Think carefully about this.

These threads are never about putting in / having to put in effort. People simply want to warp WoW into another game they want to play but that they can't beacuse they are addicted to WoW.

Yeah sorry buddy, since I have the habit to check post histories before posting to obvious responses, I'm not going to engage. Better luck next try.
    He is not wrong the person you quoted...

One thing is repeating a dungeon at a competitive level with other people.

Another thing is repeating a solo-scenario for 3 or 4 hours alone and without any kind of competitiveness...just mindlessly doing the same thing...for every alt...
    How crazy is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    He is not wrong the person you quoted...

One thing is repeating a dungeon at a competitive level with other people.

Another thing is repeating a solo-scenario for 3 or 4 hours alone and without any kind of competitiveness...just mindlessly doing the same thing...for every alt...
    How crazy is that?
    Crazy enough that it's a whole genre. Tbh I'm not going to argue further, ya'll are just lucky there is no kind of an internet test that weeds out the ignoramus and refrains them from posting in topics they know nothing about. Peace out

do not stop there, we need account wide mats. If any of my alts can herb, my main should also be able to pick herbs and allow my alchemy alt to sue them out of the common pool.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want things like rep to be account wide but gear should never be.

Got to love people defending Blizz, praising them for adding more hoops to jump through... totally oblivious that all these additions were designed to pad out their beloved MUAs.

No, I was fine with putting effort for gear... I ain't going out of my way for fucking essences top of that for Alts, tyvm. It has absolutely nothing to do with "laziness", I draw the line on mindless tediums.

But please, keep defending that with low wit mock threads.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep pushing those goal posts people, what is the worst that can happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice bait thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Imagine people are actually falling for this bait thread.