how does twilight devastation work?

i got a weapon with twilight devastation on my priest... i have been trying to get it to proc at the dummies for some minutes now and then i check the tooltip and it says on attacks? does it only proc on attacks or does it also proc on spells?

It devastates with Twilight.

I'm not sure it procs on Target Dummies tho, but it's supposed to proc with your spells. Got one on my priest too.

I'm pretty sure it only triggers from damage-dealing abilities.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

If it's anything like Infinite Stars it simply won't proc on the dummy.

Now, in terms of how it works for a ranged: Imagine if you will that you have a perfectly lined group of mobs directly in front of you. Got it? Okay, now imagine a bolt of a metric fuck ton of DPS that you ejaculate from your character's face. Alright, now let's pretend for some stupid fucking reason that no reasonable human being can fucking explain, your tank will either move the mobs out of your DPS bolt or the fucking thing will do a God damned fucking S and conveniently hit literally fucking nothing. I hate using Twilight Dev as ranged DPS.

(Yes, I know I can just stand in melee but it's still fucking annoying.)

Totally off topic but can I get an infinite star on my main so I can do 15% more single target dps?

Thanks
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.

How does it work? Run with 2x Twilight devastation on your tank DK --> devastate everything --> win

It's really fun

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Totally off topic but can I get an infinite star on my main so I can do 15% more single target dps?

Thanks
    Why settle for 15% when you can go for 25, sir?

(posts Shadar mythic rank 1 parse for reference)

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post

That's basically the only fight in the entire raid where infinite stars is strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post

Yeah, meant on top of my already existing corruption stuff!

And the poster above is wrong, IS tops the logs on 7 of 12 bosses for my main spec Havoc in Ny'alotha and contender on two others.

Infinite Stars are silly strong for DHs.
    Horde bad, smash monkey. Who is a good monkey? You are!

Let loot be loot.