View Poll Results: Do you believe Blizzard cares about their community?

Voters
268. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes absolutely! We dont always get what we want, but most of the time they do care

115 42.91%
  • No, they stopped caring and they are just doing whatever best suits them regardless of what we want

153 57.09%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Who are the majorities and the minorities though?
    The guys who play world quests and dungeons are majorities i would say. The guys who play mythic raids and premade battlegrounds not so much.

Another rinse / repeat. If some people want to buy into corporate game development, who's to stop them. The 'white knights' of this crowd are probably like any other lame duck X game fans defending lame duck X game on its forum. WoW has really just drizzled down to just another X game these days. Blizzard is like any other all consuming behemoth corporate entity, it simply wants to devour the largest profits it can with whatever shortcuts it can take. If certain players are A-OK with this mindset, and refuse to demand something better (yes, I know its puzzling), its their money to waste. The fact is, the game(s) we (old timers?) knew and loved is a distant memory. This horse no longer even has bones left to beat on, they've turned to dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Another rinse / repeat. If some people want to buy into corporate game development, who's to stop them. The 'white knights' of this crowd are probably like any other lame duck X game fans defending lame duck X game on its forum. WoW has really just drizzled down to just another X game these days. Blizzard is like any other all consuming behemoth corporate entity, it simply wants to devour the largest profits it can with whatever shortcuts it can take. If certain players are A-OK with this mindset, and refuse to demand something better (yes, I know its puzzling), its their money to waste. The fact is, the game(s) we (old timers?) knew and loved is a distant memory. This horse no longer even has bones left to beat on, they've turned to dust.
    What if I told you that some people play the game and feel like it's worth $15/mo so they pay for it. I know, fucking weird isn't it? But wait, by pointing that out I guess that makes me one of those "white knights" you were talking about, doesn't it?

Gosh, if it weren't for TRUE GAMERS like you who supported Blizzard when it was just le smol indie company, where would we be today?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    After 7 years or more on MMO-C reading patch note after patch note...fix after fix...change after change...blue post after blue post
    One should already know Blizzard listens to feedback every expansion.

Contrary to what some people must say...for some strange reason.
    You think they do, but they dont

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Referring to players as "cattle" is hardly an inoffensive term. Additionally, you're operating under the false idea that there is a right or a wrong way for Blizzard to develop the game. Any decision Blizzard makes will have promoters and detractors. Who's to say any one person's opinion holds more value than another's? There will never be a general consensus among players as to the best way forward so it will always, to some, seem as if Blizzard is "ignoring feedback" to "do what they want." It isn't nearly this simple and I think to try to break it down as much is incredibly cynical and hardly a good way to promote positive constructive feedback behavior from the community.
    ofc it has a negative connotation, do you not think being ignored when trying to help deserves a negative connotation? they dont treat their players with respect what so ever, they do not listen, and they do not care. do I blame them for it? no, do I think they do it out of spite? nah, It's just what makes the most sense from a business point of view. CSGO does something very similar, or did, they balanced the game solely off metrics they had collected, not pro player opinions or anything else. they no longer do that, but I can see the benefit of avoiding any form of Bias in your balance of game design.

Stating the facts is not being Cynical either, they covered up their tracks, and deleted a ton of forum posts related to the topic. it makes perfect sense why they would, 99% of the player base in almost any game are casuals, ontop of that the vast majority of casuals will check forums, but rarely, having the forums most active post be an 8 month long string of feedback on the azerite system and people laughing at blizzard ignoring them and then getting burned does not give the game a good image for a random casual who just stumples upon it. Dehumanizing your customers isn't exactly anything new in Business, most people are just upset about Blizzard doing it, because they didn't do it in the past. there is a stark contrast between pre Wotlk and Post Wotlk Blizzard. and it only got "worse" with time.

Also ofc everyoens opinion isn't equal, that is such a silly statement. an Experts opinion on a subject is always worth more than someone who doesn't know what they are talking about, this is true for video games as well. most top end players dont want the entire game cattered towards them, they have an understanding of the game far beyond the grasp of most players, which makes sense when they put in 10k+ hours into the game compared to most players who will not even get close to those numbers.

Heres an example, I got rank 14 gen 1 on Classic wow. when i finished my grind i had 123 days played on my main, and 38 days played on my alt, and 18 days played on my 2nd alt. I had Extensive experience with every part of the game, I had done the entire rank 14 grind, I had farmed AV, as well as played WSG before it was meta and after it was meta with a record 822 wins to 0 losses, I had a record of 97 wins to 103 losses solo queueing when Queue juggling. I had levelled 3 chars, 1 through dungeons, 1 through questing, and 1 mostly through boosting. I had farmed gold for hundreds upon hundreds of hours in prep for my ranking, and gotten a top 3 world speed clear of MC, as well as world 5th Ragnaros kill and world 4th Onyxia kill. Now none of these things are a particular feat of skill. you do not have to be good at the game to do any of this, although it does help. the point being is I have done an insane amount of Research on EVERY part of the game, and then followed it up with an Insane(downright unhealthy) amount of experience.

While being fully aware of how much I need other players, including casuals, Noobs, and other hardcore players for the game to function and be fun for me to play as well, My opinion on the game obviously carries more weight to it, than someone who just dinged 60, and quit.

So opinions are definitely not equal, there are credentials in video games that increase the value of an Opinion massively, just like having a degree on the subject massively increases the value of your opinion on topics IRL.

it is no different than a Chemical engineer specializing in Virology talking about COVID-19 is obviously more valuable than whatever comes out of Trumps mouth. there is no way to know the exact infection numbers, but I trust the Virologists estimate a whole lot more than some random Diplomats. I also trust his guidelines more than some random Diplomats.

also Not sure why Constructive feedback needs to be positive for you? Most contructive feedback is inherently negative. Saying something is great about a game is nice and all, but calling out issues and flaws is significantly more constructive, and inherently negative.