Poll: Would you?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    Poll didn't have enough options to vote.

I don't play BM normally, So yes i'll still play my hunter.
    If BM was closer to what Rexxar was like in WC3 and DotA i'd probably play BM.
    a melee class where you just smack stuff?

thats survival, once you have haste you only really press KC and Mongoose

10+ Year Old Account
    If BM was closer to what Rexxar was like in WC3 and DotA i'd probably play BM.
    Its only the Weapons you use, thats the difference. Sadly they wont give sv hunters dw again ~~

i think the questions are misleading, i would be playing my hunter but for sure i would be still playing BM.

unless they bring back range SV or Legion (launch) MM i wont be playing anything than BM.

so many people wrong in this post.

best MM by far was WOTLK armor pen, then Panda MM and Legion (start of it before nerf and Rapid shot).
    Sv well SV at the end of panda was pretty much the best. cata SV at the end was also so gud.

BM was always been the most consistent spec, it was good all the way in WOTLK (besides agi SV) good in Cata, good in Panda, tbh good every xpac, the only problem with bm is pet pathing, thats about it. in this xpac isnt been so bad, i think the only place i had problems (dont have problems no more) is in siege of boralus last platform.
    Last edited by Perrito; 2020-07-23 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    A hunter should know how to play the 3 specs. PERIOD.
    Now the only spec that has an easy "PASS" its survi by being Melee and needing a high level weapon and specific stats and yarada yarada.

But if you play BM, you should also learn to play MM.
    I have a better idea. How about eah player play the way they want to and you stop telling them how they should play? People can play whatever spec they want.

My hunter is SV because it’s a lot of fun, but if I had to be ranged it would be anything BUT bm
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Kemsa View Post
    A hunter should know how to play the 3 specs. PERIOD.
    Now the only spec that has an easy "PASS" its survi by being Melee and needing a high level weapon and specific stats and yarada yarada.

But if you play BM, you should also learn to play MM.
    The 3 specs are not hard to learn anyway (as most specs of most class).

A general question: Do you think once the corruption system is removed in 1 or 2 months (I hope !), would MM be competitive with BM ? Currently without corruption, there is little difference in DPS between the 2. MM still lack a decent cleave tool for 2 targets though.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    The 3 specs are not hard to learn anyway (as most specs of most class).

A general question: Do you think once the corruption system is removed in 1 or 2 months (I hope !), would MM be competitive with BM ? Currently without corruption, there is little difference in DPS between the 2. MM still lack a decent cleave tool for 2 targets though.
    MM has to be a constant 10-15% better (at least) than BM for it to compensate for the unlimited mobility.

Whenever MM and BM were equal, everyone played BM.

I'll play what's meta.

Of course BM is far more convenient thanks to the mobility, but if MM was the consistently higher DPS spec even accounting for mobility, I would be playing MM.

I'm not sure about Survival, honestly. If Survival was the best hunter spec, I'd consider just playing some other, better melee class instead. But I'm not worried about that ever happening, Survival is too niche to ever be meta Blizzard wouldn't do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would play my MM hunter even if BM was objectively better. I play MM for the play style, not for the stats.

That sounds like a dumb reason to switch, Just play what you enjoy.

I would still play it, but I wouldn't switch to marksman. I don't care what the naysayers think, beast mastery is really fun to me. Being able to move while doing ranged damage is so nice (and which doesn't require using another button every time, like ice floes). The rotation is simple but everything interacts with each other. I prefer more interactions between abilities than just having a shit ton of abilities. Quantity doesn't equal complexity, interactions do.

Add to that the exceptional solo ability in world content, soloing dungeons/raids, or doing things like visions, tons of cool pets that can be customized with names and matched to your character's theme, as well as challenge tames for rare pets, and you really have a near-perfect spec.
    Last edited by FossilFree; 2020-07-31 at 06:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would stick to MM anyway. Like the fantasy of a long range, powerful shots archer. Their kit is kinda boring in BfA, but that gets fixed in SL nicely (but fuck off, Hunter's Mark). And ofc, they are topping meters right now on raid testing, therefore let's roll em.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I'd still be playing BM. I've never played a spec because it's the best, I go by what I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    i think the questions are misleading, i would be playing my hunter but for sure i would be still playing BM.

unless they bring back range SV or Legion (launch) MM i wont be playing anything than BM.

so many people wrong in this post.

best MM by far was WOTLK armor pen, then Panda MM and Legion (start of it before nerf and Rapid shot).
    Sv well SV at the end of panda was pretty much the best. cata SV at the end was also so gud.

BM was always been the most consistent spec, it was good all the way in WOTLK (besides agi SV) good in Cata, good in Panda, tbh good every xpac, the only problem with bm is pet pathing, thats about it. in this xpac isnt been so bad, i think the only place i had problems (dont have problems no more) is in siege of boralus last platform.
    It feels like it's a problem everywhere. Every single place where the terrain shifts to an object leaves the pet standing there and looking stupid, usually docks, but I've had it happen in several raid instances as well. The most annoying one was at the pull treshold to one of the bosses, don't remember which, but that was infuriating.

In my perfect scenario I would play BM in pve and MM in arena.

I would still play BM even tho the other spec maybe pull a few % better. Cuz i love BM and i love my in-game pets!

10+ Year Old Account
    Current BM's strength not just lies in superior DPS in almost every situation but also in the vastly superior mobility compared to MM. Current encounter design in either M+ or Raids dont promote stationary gameplay at all. So any spec that is significantly gimped by movement will suffer compared to mobile specs irrespective of how high they sim on a 6 min Pawtchwerk fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Don't really care about being better. Just want a ranged hunter that isn't stupid easy to play and thus completely boring.

Only DH are worse in this regard, and I despise playing those as well.

I never stopped playing MM. Legion onwards BM is way too boring for me.

I’ll play whatever is top. I know I’m good and mm and bm. We all know it won’t be sv since it’s a dead spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless