Poll: Would you?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Don't really care about being better. Just want a ranged hunter that isn't stupid easy to play and thus completely boring.

Only DH are worse in this regard, and I despise playing those as well.
    Haha that's the exact reason why I'm reluctant to play Havoc DH in shadowlands even though I really like DHs :/ I feel like BM hunters have some interactions in their ability system but yeah, not enough. MM is quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Let's be real, both specs are equally simple. BM is actually quite fun (especially with the right corruption) as you get plenty of procs and you can use aspect of the wild a lot with rapid reload - plus being able to move all the time is so broken it is a fun thing unique to BM
    Mobile specs should not be able to outdps static specs in practice or even in theory for that matter (and outdps by the margin we are getting nowadays).

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Mobile specs should not be able to outdps static specs in practice or even in theory for that matter (and outdps by the margin we are getting nowadays).
    That's your opinion on it. The way I see it, they should do similar damage and you play what you want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    That's your opinion on it. The way I see it, they should do similar damage and you play what you want to play.
    Then BM would have more utility due to pet. Hence it should dps less to compensate.

No. The new ability sounds are terrible, and not being able to cast steady shot while moving is also a deal breaker.

If MM was still designed the way it is now, no.

But then I only picked up BM when I came back to get setup for SL on the most braindead thing I could think of because I didn't want to have to put any effort into learning anything when I just wanted to farm a little gold and level up some alts while waiting.

As long as BM does comparable damage to MM, why would anyone bother with it? Easier to play and you aren't punished for movement or not thinking ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaid View Post

As long as BM does comparable damage to MM, why would anyone bother with it? Easier to play and you aren't punished for movement or not thinking ahead.
    Well, not everyone is looking strictly on performance and the downsides you mentioned might actually be the reason why people want to play it. They want something to think about while playing the spec and see themselves improving.

I don't like current MM either though, which is why I'll switch in SL ... unless there are some more changes. The latest ones are actually going into the right direction, but I doubt much more will be done.
    I'm just not a fan of the serioulsy slow version of marksman and I enjoyed Legion MM the most - both the early (which was "slower") and end of expansion version (which was "faster"), even though a lot of people hated it.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-08-14 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Then BM would have more utility due to pet. Hence it should dps less to compensate.
    And other classes have more utility than hunters, so they should do less, right? And, of course, some classes can tank or heal, they should do less too.

No, the game doesn't work that way. Being punished just because you like a certain playstyle is a shitty feeling and has no place in the game. If they balance the damage to be relatively even for all DPS specs, then you can play the playstyle you enjoy more and nobody loses.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    And other classes have more utility than hunters, so they should do less, right? And, of course, some classes can tank or heal, they should do less too.

No, the game doesn't work that way. Being punished just because you like a certain playstyle is a shitty feeling and has no place in the game. If they balance the damage to be relatively even for all DPS specs, then you can play the playstyle you enjoy more and nobody loses.
    Unless you start to do relevant content and you get benched. And no, LFR and world quests are not relevant content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    No. The new ability sounds are terrible, and not being able to cast steady shot while moving is also a deal breaker.
    But you can?

Unless i'm missing something

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    What new ability are you talking about and you can move while casting steady shot now and in sl. Not sure if you knew or not
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    I believe your hands should be cut off. As I feel your opinions prove your not fit to type.
    Gen Off-Topic being hella ruthless

Quote Originally Posted by idunnowatdo View Post
    What new ability are you talking about and you can move while casting steady shot now and in sl. Not sure if you knew or not
    I mean all the new sounds. Most classes had their original skill sounds replaced between wod and bfa. And if you can cast steady shot while moving it's probably something you unlock later. I came back to WoW about a month ago, tried playing my old cata hunter and couldn't cast while moving.

By that logic casters should always be objectively better than melee

- - - Updated - - -

The only spell you can't cast on the move is aimed shot
    And that was the case in old school rpg where casters were weak at start but god like at high level.

Yeah but that doesn't really work in a game that lives and dies on it's end game gameplay - if casters are objectively best - everyone is mad

Melee can't play their preferred class
    Casters are now everywhere and people are bored of it

Remember how many arcane mages we had running around in WoD? It was so tiresome
    And it was the best iteration of arcane mage to date (though the changes added to arcane mage on SL ptr are greate and I am thinking of maining my arcane mage for SL).

But what the point of complex (or harder to play) specs with less utilities if simple specs with more of everything outdps them or produce the same dps ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought about coming back to hunter in SL, but idk. MM feels clunky and BM feels mindless beyond maintaining 3 frenzy stacks. I miss MoP BM.

Sad to say that I'm considering not playing at all... BM? Plays just as braindead as in BfA. MM? Feels slow as hell. I might as well go to Classic and auto-attack everything to death, that'd at least be quicker...

I miss MoP SV and WoD BM...