Poll: Would you?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

If MM was stronger than BM right now, would you still be playing your hunter?

I'm curious to know your feelings towards the hunter class atm.
    Personally I hate Legion/BFA MM hunters and would not be playing one right now if MM was better than BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I'm curious to know your feelings towards the hunter class atm.
    Personally I hate Legion/BFA MM hunters and would not be playing one right now if MM was better than BM.
    Depends, is BM still good enough to at least be middle of the pack in our hypothetical? If so, yes.
    I've dabbled with BFA MM and it's not for me.
    If BM was say, nerfed into the ground and did as much damage as Frost DK played badly, then I'd switch to my BDK, stack Twilight Dev and laugh all the way to the bank.

Pretty bad poll since you bake in MM with SV... One is a ranged, the other Melee.

If MM, then yes, I'd be playing. If SV? Not likely. Firstly because I cannot stand melee in a raid (motion sickness), secondly because my team has a lot of melee already.
    I don't enjoy BM as it plays right now, but I still play due to main loyalty and contribution to my team.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-03-21 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Pretty bad poll since you bake in MM with SV... One is a ranged, the other Melee.

If MM, then yes, I'd be playing. If SV? Not likely. Firstly because I cannot stand melee in a raid, secondly because my team has a lot of melee already.
    I don't enjoy BM as it plays right now, but I still play due to main loyalty and contribution to my team.
    Dearest Queen, I didn't realize you played the Master Class.
    How would you change BM if you had free reign?

MM in BfA is the worst it's ever been, wouldn't play it even if it was best by 20%. Just awful to play.

Surv though? Just as fun as BM. Playing a surv and a bm hunter atm.

Legion MM <3

Considering that my favourite spec is Survival, yes I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    MM in BfA is the worst it's ever been, wouldn't play it even if it was best by 20%. Just awful to play.

Surv though? Just as fun as BM. Playing a surv and a bm hunter atm.

Legion MM <3
    I miss WoD MM ;(

It played so well with HFC 4 set

I'm not a fan of playing a class with a bunch of abilities that have dynamic, short CD's, as I like to get into a consistent rhythm when playing a class. If abilities had static CD's instead of variable times, I probably would like BM more. Still, I'm not a fan of the current MM spec, as I prefer the Legion version over this one (with certain legendaries). If they cut Rapid Fire from the spec, I'd enjoy it a bit more, although that's a personal preference.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Dearest Queen, I didn't realize you played the Master Class.
    How would you change BM if you had free reign?
    I sure do, and I lament the fact that we do not have access to tameable Hamsters every.single.day!

As for how to change it, I would:

Revert the GCD change, replace Cobra Shot for a more straight-forward one in the same vein as Arcane used to be, remove the CD effect on KC. Add a casted (moving or not) resource management. The rest is a bit harder to pinpoint, but I basically want to reverse the clunky, slower (GCD) feel of the spec to one that's quick, intuitive and makes you feel involved rather than waiting to mash something.

Also, I have this memory of an ability that we'd use which made our pet let lose a flurry of attacks... with an animation... I don't quite recall what it was, but I LOVED that ability for how it felt and the numbers it showed. Something more effectful than KC, so to speak.

I will NEVER play Surv hunter again, coz I don`t like malee hunter idea! Yack!

MM feels slow, clunky and boring so I wouldn't definitely come back to MM even if it was the strongest choice. Especially seeing how fast paced and fluid is BM now.

I sure do, and I lament the fact that we do not have access to tameable Hamsters every.single.day!

Revert the GCD change, replace Cobra Shot for a more straight-forward one in the same vein as Arcane used to be, remove the CD effect on KC. Add a casted (moving or not) resource management. The rest is a bit harder to pinpoint, but I basically want to reverse the clunky, slower (GCD) feel of the spec to one that's quick, intuitive and makes you feel involved rather than waiting to mash something.

Also, I have this memory of an ability that we'd use which made our pet let lose a flurry of attacks... with an animation... I don't quite recall what it was, but I LOVED that ability for how it felt and the numbers it showed. Something more effectful than KC, so to speak.
    Indeed, now that we have the Squeakers mount, perhaps Blizzard will give us the hamsters as they're clearly more rodent friendly.
    To add to your list, how about baseline Stampede that uses your next 5 stable slots? Doesn't need to do OP damage but it would be a nice "Whoosh" that you can customize, especially now that you can tame Undasta and that big ol triceratops!

Maybe instead of Barbed shot we get a pseudo legion Dire beast, baseline Murder of crows etc. Like "Dire beast, I summons you~"
    *Dire Beast casts Stomp upon target, does dps while existing for x seconds, generates focus while it's active etc*

Lynx Rush? MoP

Quote Originally Posted by Divinex View Post
    I miss WoD MM ;(

It played so well with HFC 4 set
    Yeah, MM in WoD was fun too. I had fun playing it then

Can't even mention BfAs MM with fun in the same sentence... Damn it!

I'm pretty sure I would play my hunter more if Survival was the go to spec.
    Don't get me wrong, BM isn't bad but what they did to Marksman is an abomination of a spec.

BFA MM is shit design. Fuck it.

As a diehard mm hunter (not pve) i really can't realise how it is possible to say, that WOD mm was fun to play?
    WoD was first expansion for me since BC when i switch my hunter to another class

That was full of garbage, mm died after MoP. To be honest, it had some good ideas in legion, but still was the worst shit.
    Now this spec shitties ever in every aspect of the game, absolutely boring gameplay. Even if they'll up MM damage by 20% really dunno play this

Peace to everyone, stay healthy folks

I would be playing if mm was a thing in Wotlk with ARP and for survival if reverted to ranged, i would be playing that for sure. Right now Mm feels shit and turret weak but survival as melee is a big nope for me cuz other melee classes are better than this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes.

I'm enjoying MM and progressing into mythic as MM despite BM being one of the best specs in the game.

Yes, but I'd still be BM.