Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugna View Post
    ike Kubo can do some great looking fights artwise but shit did he definitely need more direction with the story.
    Yeah, I still say Kubo has the best character designs in Manga, and the concept of Zanpakuto is my favourite power system in Fiction...

But as a pure writer, he's really not great. Add in him getting rushed by WSJ, and the last arc was an absolute clusterfuck.

I'd love to see a series with Kubo's art and writing by someone like Sorachi or Oda.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Final arc was not the best but still looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, I still say Kubo has the best character designs in Manga, and the concept of Zanpakuto is my favourite power system in Fiction...

But as a pure writer, he's really not great. Add in him getting rushed by WSJ, and the last arc was an absolute clusterfuck.

I'd love to see a series with Kubo's art and writing by someone like Sorachi or Oda.
    Man that WSJ threw for me for a loop; "what did the wallsteet journal want with kubo?!".

Not sure if someone like Oda would be much better. One Piece has been meandering about for years as well now, I'm surprised whenever I see it somewhere and realize that it's still going (through the motions) and I could personally never get into Gin Tama either. Too much "oh so random" for my taste which is not exactly the kind of direction I think Bleach would have needed.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have no idea how long I've been waiting for this to happen! I hope it's going to be good!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Not A Cat View Post
    I wish I was excited, but I thought the thousand year blood war arc was pretty terrible. Aizen was a great villain so I guess Yhwach didn't stand much of a chance, but even then it feels like they didn't even try to make him a good villain.
    Depending on their approach, the anime adaptation can fix a lot of what went wrong with the manga. I'm hoping that's the case. Either way, I'm excited to see Bleach finally make a return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Man that WSJ threw for me for a loop; "what did the wallsteet journal want with kubo?!".
    Haha, I usually do the opposite. A while back, Wall Street Journal were in the news a lot, and every time I saw WSJ, I thought to myself "Oh crap, what have Shonen Jump done this time..."

As for the writers. Oda is starting to move towards an end game, the Wano arc has generally been pretty solid. Especially the flashback that just ended.

Gin Tama took me a LONG time, to get into. The first half is just random nonsense, with the occasional mini arc.

Then, suddenly, with almost no warning it drops into a massive arc the basicaly takes up the last 300 or so chapters, and is actually pretty damn good.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't feel like finishing the manga, can someone spoil it for me ? I stopped once Ichigo was being trained by the people that serve the Soul King. You can do it via PM if you want.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I really don't feel like finishing the manga, can someone spoil it for me ? I stopped once Ichigo was being trained by the people that serve the Soul King. You can do it via PM if you want.
    There was barely any ending. Author was forced by WSJ to just end the series in 10 chapters after it was underperforming for years. Super abrupt ending for a long standing series.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-03-22 at 05:13 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to Kenpachi. Always liked him and doing some research... yeah
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The start of the arc is kind of good for the most part, but it really goes downhill fast in the last quarter or so. Especially with the Elite Sternritters and the absolute level of bullshit they and Yhwach are. Also way too much use of "subversion" of expectations, which does nothing for me.

That said, Tite Kubo was kind of rushed to end the manga, so I hope that he'll be consulted by the people working on the anime for his opinion on how to expand/fill out stuff where he perhaps didn't have the time to.

As for the writers. Oda is starting to move towards an end game, the Wano arc has generally been pretty solid. Especially the flashback that just ended.

Gin Tama took me a LONG time, to get into. The first half is just random nonsense, with the occasional mini arc.

Then, suddenly, with almost no warning it drops into a massive arc the basicaly takes up the last 300 or so chapters, and is actually pretty damn good.
    I might need to read up on both of these then. I dropped out of One Piece around the vega punk island or what ever happened after the spooky island and only read chapters occasionally only to find it was doing the usual stuff it had done for 15 years.

Gin Tama might be difficult, my only expose to that was the random nonsense only so far, but it certainly sounds interesting and I know alot of people are very fond of it. I guess I have the time if the current events last for a while.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I might need to read up on both of these then. I dropped out of One Piece around the vega punk island or what ever happened after the spooky island and only read chapters occasionally only to find it was doing the usual stuff it had done for 15 years.

Gin Tama might be difficult, my only expose to that was the random nonsense only so far, but it certainly sounds interesting and I know alot of people are very fond of it. I guess I have the time if the current events last for a while.
    they're both well worth catching up on. Read Gin Tama first, because that's finished. Then, depending on how fast you can read, if you start OP after it might be over (or near to it) when you catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Osoroshii View Post
    Orihime may have been designed in order to be more physically appealing to the predominantly male audience, but Ichigo had far more chemistry with Rukia.
    Decline to agree.

Orihime was sweeter, more heartfelt, and more self-sacrificing than rukia. Rukia and ichigo have a brother/sister relationship. And she was also way hotter. All the most important things to me in a relationship. The scene where she's sad gets tickled. The scene where she kisses ichigo. All more heartfelt and truly romantically loving than anything rukia ever did.

Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. We probably just disagree on what true love looks like. It's cool. You go your rukia way, I'll go my orihime way, but lets stop acting like there's any objectivity to it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Decline to agree.

Orihime was sweeter, more heartfelt, and more self-sacrificing than rukia. Rukia and ichigo have a brother/sister relationship. And she was also way hotter. All the most important things to me in a relationship. The scene where she's sad gets tickled. The scene where she kisses ichigo. All more heartfelt and truly romantically loving than anything rukia ever did.

Don't bother trying to convince me otherwise. We probably just disagree on what true love looks like. It's cool. You go your rukia way, I'll go my orihime way, but lets stop acting like there's any objectivity to it.
    all their relationship felt forced, yes she love him to death but that is it, meh, he never show a thing for her, people like her obvious because she was like you said, "hotter"

he indeed had more chemistry with Rukia, that scene when he start to stop seeing then was one of the most heartbreaking in the manga

- - - Updated - - -

One piece, Berserk and even Ippo got some news that "the manga is almost in the end" or, "more than a half done", i wonder if they are also getting rushed by something.

in Berserk case tough, they should pull Miura ear a bit more.

The name of the series is escaping me, but I recall there was another anime adaptation that "fixed" certain issues with the manga due to either the manga being rushed or not being well-received. While I tend to like being faithful to the source material, Bleach is an exception with the last arc (more specifically the last chapters). Even when initially reading through the manga I didn't know the backstory with what was going on with Kubo, but it's blatantly obvious that things were rushed to finish. Last couple chapters were confusing as hell, and in some respects I still don't know in detail what quite happened or why... the series had gone from "let's take several chapters to explore/explain this in depth" to "try to shove half an arc's worth of content into a couple chapters." Here's hoping this new Bleach anime coming has had more time for development and rewrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    all their relationship felt forced, yes she love him to death but that is it, meh, he never show a thing for her, people like her obvious because she was like you said, "hotter"

he indeed had more chemistry with Rukia, that scene when he start to stop seeing then was one of the most heartbreaking in the manga

It depends on perspective, I guess? Most people have probably never met anyone like an Orihime, but her types do exist. I even remember in highschool I was friends with this girl who was very hot and all the guys wanted to date her, but she was quirky and timid and pretty bashful when it came to dealing with romantic stuff, all while still being good-natured... she wasn't a redhead, so I guess there's that. Her types are the ones who are always thinking about things, internalizing them, but never outwardly showing it if possible. When it comes to Ichigo, it's more like one of those cases where you spend so much time being friends with someone of the opposite sex that you may not realize when friendship starts changing into romance, especially if that person is shy/timid and hides how they feel about you. While the relationship may feel forced to some, to me it's completely plausible, especially for highschool kids when the hormones are raging and growing up is confusing the crap out of kids. In that respect, it makes sense that Rukia is generally the one playing non-love adult with Ichigo since she's way older and has much more experience than he has.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2020-03-22 at 09:07 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It depends on perspective, I guess? Most people have probably never met anyone like an Orihime, but her types do exist. I even remember in highschool I was friends with this girl who was very hot and all the guys wanted to date her, but she was quirky and timid and pretty bashful when it came to dealing with romantic stuff, all while still being good-natured... she wasn't a redhead, so I guess there's that. Her types are the ones who are always thinking about things, internalizing them, but never outwardly showing it if possible.
    My wife is literally what you just described and I am very much like ichigo from a personality perspective, so that's probably why I love their relationship and understand it.

the story was horrific but the fights and Zanpakuto new releases....will be amazing if they have a big enough budget to make it worth watching.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

I hope they animate the novels too. They seem to do a really amazing job of tieing up most of the loose ends. Like answering questions about where certain characters are and what happened to them. They are also said to be a part of the story by its creator so that would mean we could possibly get more then just the thousand year blood war
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    It depends on perspective, I guess? Most people have probably never met anyone like an Orihime, but her types do exist. I even remember in highschool I was friends with this girl who was very hot and all the guys wanted to date her, but she was quirky and timid and pretty bashful when it came to dealing with romantic stuff, all while still being good-natured... she wasn't a redhead, so I guess there's that. Her types are the ones who are always thinking about things, internalizing them, but never outwardly showing it if possible. When it comes to Ichigo, it's more like one of those cases where you spend so much time being friends with someone of the opposite sex that you may not realize when friendship starts changing into romance, especially if that person is shy/timid and hides how they feel about you. While the relationship may feel forced to some, to me it's completely plausible, especially for highschool kids when the hormones are raging and growing up is confusing the crap out of kids. In that respect, it makes sense that Rukia is generally the one playing non-love adult with Ichigo since she's way older and has much more experience than he has.

But he never had nothing for her, like at all, i think he speak more with his other friends than her, if things were done better, with transition i would agree, but it went 8 to 80 in a instant, meh

10+ Year Old Account

I can't wait for them to animate this scene. Is Studio Pierrot still around?
    Last edited by Blade Wolf; 2020-03-22 at 10:38 PM.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    I can't wait for them to animate this scene. Is Studio Pierrot still around?
    LOVE Byakuya. Second favourite captain after Shunsui.

Really hope we get to see him fight a bit more. After his fight with Tsukishima and his brutal loss to As Nodt, I was hoping we'd get to see the new, more improvisational Byakuya, but we never did...