Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord

Well, the old M&B thead is wayyy too out of date regarding this topic, so I mind as well create a custom thread just for M&B2: Bannerlord.

Official dev blog: https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog

Confirmed changes coming in Bannerlord:

Bannerlord takes place 200 years before the events of the original game, Warband.
    - Calradia is still standing but at this point it's in it's last days, and the fringes of the empire has fraxured into the 5 factions that would later eventually become the 5 (6, though the Sarrandis weren't added until Warband) primary nations of Warband.
    - No Sarranids this time, as they have not yet migrated to Calradia. The Calradian empire itself takes the place of the missing 6th faction in this installment.

Popular mods are being incorporated into the new game.
    - Diplomacy mod was specifically named as one of them.

The actual castles are now somewhat destructible during sieges.
    - Only the gates so far have been shown to be destroyed.

New minigames have been added to the tavern.
    - Marbles has been shown as one of them.

Crafting is coming! Visual customization for weapons! (and potentially armor)
    - The new video demonstrates the ability to choose how your weapon appears. For swords, you can swap out the blade, guard, hilt, and pommel.

Replay mode
    - A cinematic tool that allows one to make movies of said replays with camera pans and so forth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had uncontrollable erections ever since I saw the videos and announcements last week. I watched that video a couple of hours ago and I'm still shaking.

When this game comes out I will never leave my computer again.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Yay, a Bannerlord thread!
    I just can't wait till release, to come to the hard realisation that I don't have enough money to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsonsion View Post
    Yay, a Bannerlord thread!
    \o/

i keep checking the blog like every week to see if there's anything new, but they only post something like once every three months or so =(
    I just can't wait till release, to come to the hard realisation that I don't have enough money to buy it.
    i have the opposite, uh, 'problem': i have a lot of money to spend for the first time in my life but no great games i want to buy!!

<_<

>_>

10+ Year Old Account
    My body is ready. I'm going to sprinkle down rose petals, light some candles and let it have it's way with me.

Pretty sure Warband is still my #1 game for hours played not including MMO's, although it's probably not far off those either.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I'm very hyped about this game, can't wait.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Super hyped about Bannerlord...though at the same time, said hype train is losing steam fast.

At this rate it'll be the year 2020 before it releases.

Some new Bannerlord gameplay will be streamed from PCGamer at 16:00 GMT (roughly two and a half hours from now), here.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Watched the stream and it looked REALLY good. If they put this game on early access for 60 dollars, I would instantly buy it. They said they want to give it to the players sometime this year for testing.. So possibly it could be coming to steam early access..

*throws money at screen*

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it doesn't come out too soon. So many games that I need to have coming out too quick. Super excited though and will keep following it for sure (anyone seen a mention of a release date by chance?).
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    Moutn and Blade is one of many immersive games that I wish I had the patience to play. I somehow own all of them on Steam but never played more than an hour of them. I am excited for you guys.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Moutn and Blade is one of many immersive games that I wish I had the patience to play. I somehow own all of them on Steam but never played more than an hour of them. I am excited for you guys.

You have to play with mods.. I think the base game of old Mount and Blade is pretty boring. There is a Game of Thrones mod that I play. But Bannerlord looks really fun even without mods.

My god. The hype is through the roof.
    This looks incredible.

Does look very good, going to have tons of fun with this.

From E3 2016

Siege gameplay (destruction!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    You have to play with mods.. I think the base game of old Mount and Blade is pretty boring. There is a Game of Thrones mod that I play. But Bannerlord looks really fun even without mods.
    Agreed, Bannerlord seems to be bringing the features of the average conversion mod into the default game which is great. Viking Conquest DLC, AD1257, Clash of Kings/Ice & Fire/GoT, Perisno, Brytenwalda etc all share similar upgrades/updates to the base game so it's nice to see those being integrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    From E3 2016

Siege gameplay (destruction!)
    -snip-
    Looks great, ladders alone are a vast improvement over the cluster-fuck that were ramps . Nice to see some of the AI oddities remain though, wouldn't feel like Mount & Blade without them.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Is this game going to have actual voiceacting? Cause outside the combat grunts, groans, and one word battle orders, there is absolutely no voiceacting, and it's disturbing how characters just telepathically converse with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttwitch View Post
    Is this game going to have actual voiceacting? Cause outside the combat grunts, groans, and one word battle orders, there is absolutely no voiceacting, and it's disturbing how characters just telepathically converse with one another.
    Voice acting is very expensive. Voice work also usually comes near the end of the development process, when the lines are locked in. You don't want to pay for voice work, only for it to be thrown out when lines are rewritten or unused.

Also, that is how the first game was. It had a handful of one liners. If there was full voice acting, it'd become repetitive very quickly as people said the same thing over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Voice acting is very expensive.
    Divinity: Original Sin, AA game from basically an indie studio, hundreds of different text lines, partially funded through Kickstarter, fully voiceacted.