Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Isn't Winds of Wisdom only active from lvl 100? This is how I understood it when it was 1st announced a few days ago.
    nah, starts at level 1. I started yesterday and I'm 102 now, it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Which do you reckon is faster on alts? And which do you prefer to have?

for me definetly korak . 2 levels in 10 minutes ? all this while mostly afk watching netflix

yes pls more of that

but i guess that because i was leveling mainly horde alts. and horde was wining 99% of koraks.

and thx to that i have >40 x 120 . cba with leveling atm although i could use it for my allied races which roam around 60-80 atm . but have time not rushing them

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Well, considering that questing is the fastest leveling method normally and that it takes 3-4 days of gametime 1-120 and that Korrak's Revenge allowed people to level 1-120 in mere hours... I think the latter is still faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Google is your friend
    Korrak did not allow you to level 1-120 in mere hours, i want whatever crack you've been smoking

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Korrak did not allow you to level 1-120 in mere hours, i want whatever crack you've been smoking
    ye but you need to realise that most people had alts already on level 100 form pre legion event

Hmm, I guess the word of mouth is not to be trusted. I was hearing from lots of sources that it takes some hours to cap, but maybe they meant from 60 on or from 110 on, who knows. If you're still interested in the crack, maybe I should ask them

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    ye but you need to realise that most people had alts already on level 100 form pre legion event
    But he said from 1 to 120, not from 100 to 120.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well, considering that questing is the fastest leveling method normally and that it takes 3-4 days of gametime 1-120 and that Korrak's Revenge allowed people to level 1-120 in mere hours... I think the latter is still faster.

- - - Updated - - -

Google is your friend
    Google points out that it's KorraK, not KorraH :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Hmm, I guess the word of mouth is not to be trusted. I was hearing from lots of sources that it takes some hours to cap, but maybe they meant from 60 on or from 110 on, who knows. If you're still interested in the crack, maybe I should ask them
    Even from 60 and upwards it still took a lot of time. The XP gained was always the same percentage wise so what you got at 60 to 61 was the same amount it would take from 119 to 120.

Towers were a beefy 20% of a bar, generals aswell. A win netted you a full level.

The worst part was having to requeue where a lot of your time would be spent

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Google points out that it's KorraK, not KorraH :P
    And yet still, the very first result gives you the information you need. My point that a simple google search will answer the question still stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Even from 60 and upwards it still took a lot of time. The XP gained was always the same percentage wise so what you got at 60 to 61 was the same amount it would take from 119 to 120.

Towers were a beefy 20% of a bar, generals aswell. A win netted you a full level.

The worst part was having to requeue where a lot of your time would be spent
    Yep. I saw it now on Wowhead. I did some very rough theorycrafting and if you get back-to-back Korrak queues AND wins you could get a minimum of 4 levels per hour. The queue wait time could be compensated by just questing in the meanwhile but the win bonus cannot so it's just min-max theorycrafting. But for the sake of it, if we did get 4 levels per hour. that's 1-120 in 30 hours :P Not "mere hours" but still significantly faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Sae View Post
    I would say Winds of Wisdom is significantly faster, especially for those of us who have leveled many times and know the best zones to quest in, what dungeons to do or skip, etc.

Plus Korrak's you had to wait on queues, you would lose matches and get less exp (less so if leveling as Horde), and it was much less effective from 1-60.
    Less as horde? You're kidding right? The alliance (wrong) mentality during the event was to sit in DB, let the horde take everything and roll over. Horde leveling was so much more efficient and quicker because of it. Not to mention they had the higher win rate before alliance started doing that.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

And yet still, the very first result gives you the information you need. My point that a simple google search will answer the question still stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. I saw it now on Wowhead. I did some very rough theorycrafting and if you get back-to-back Korrak queues AND wins you could get a minimum of 4 levels per hour. The queue wait time could be compensated by just questing in the meanwhile but the win bonus cannot so it's just min-max theorycrafting. But for the sake of it, if we did get 4 levels per hour. that's 1-120 in 30 hours :P Not "mere hours" but still significantly faster.
    You can't queue from level 1 though and it's only a viable way of levelling when you reach 60

You can't queue from level 1 though and it's only a viable way of levelling when you reach 60
    Ye, so 60-120. Whatever it is really

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Korrak was insanely fast. Winds is pretty fast.

I’d say winds from 1-99 and Korrak from 100-120
    After testing for myself 1-110 is faster with this event. 110-120 is slightly slower.

i prefer global xp buff and just normal questing
    i couldn't even force myself to spam av for xp
    doing one once in a while is fine but grinding it for hours is extremely boring and literally the opposite of why i lvlup

AFK lvling, that is all.

But the best lvling is still getting boosted in Freehold, amazing speed with a good booster...DH.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    currently cruising past 60 with winds tbh

In truth, Korrak was faster if you were on the winning faction. On my realm, the Horde overpowers the Alliance and every time you did it, you kept losing and not getting any exp at all, so I'm saying Winds of Wisdom since you're not dependent on winning. Though, perhaps for 110-120 it's not that fast (it's still pretty fast), you're just bogged down by lack of gear.
    Losing Korraks was GReAT xp, if it wasn't an epic turtle. Especially if you did the 3 "easy" objectives at the start then lost fast.
    Last edited by Zyrinx; 2020-03-24 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    After testing for myself 1-110 is faster with this event. 110-120 is slightly slower.
    How long does it take you to go 1-110 now?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Less as horde? You're kidding right? The alliance (wrong) mentality during the event was to sit in DB, let the horde take everything and roll over. Horde leveling was so much more efficient and quicker because of it. Not to mention they had the higher win rate before alliance started doing that.
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying, I meant that Horde would lose fewer matches. "Less so as Horde" referred to the rate of losing matches, not to the amount of exp earned. I leveled one character of each faction from 20-120 during Korrak's so I know which faction won more.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Leveling from 1 - 60 was the real obstacle during korrak's, 60 - 120 was completely free.

"winds of wisdom" makes 1 - 60 a lot better but you can't cruise past 60 like with korrak.

Going from 1 - 120 is probably faster than korraks now but a lot less fun.
    ^this

I like this more, because I'm an alliance main. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Prefer Wisdom, since it works for all activities,. You don't have to spam a single one all the way to 120.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.