Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say this thread is making me pretty sad I missed out on Korrak's Revenge, given it was allegedly both fun AND incredibly fast leveling.

Here's to hoping Blizzard's next quarantine present is "Korrak's Revenge is back for all of April!" or something.

Da Krok was way better and faster.

Sure 1-60 it was almost useless but the main difficult part with leveling is the boring long 110-120 and Korrak let you do that in a few hours while having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I was alliance, took me 2h and some minutes to get from 110-120 and we won maybe 1 time, but queue times was very impressive. Can you back up your bold claim?

The only time when it sucked, was when meeting russians, and I afked out of that immediatly, and went on another toon to queue with that. As alliance, the trick was to lose fast while capping 2-3 towers for more xp. 1 whole level for a fast loss is sweeet. Only hard part was convincing alliance brain that losing is better for xp, cause reality is that 5-10 people are AFK, and you can't win with that versus horde that waited 18minutes and needs a WIN.

I do think winds is really fast when going from level 20. Probably faster as I only found korrak better at 100.
    I explained that on my post. Wind of Wisdom is in overhaul better than Korrak, but when it comes to 110-120 doing the normal leveling will be slower because of how the stats scales and how much time you need to put a monster down. I haven't tested party sync or island exploration but I guess you'd need 2 to 3 hours if every Draenor bonus quest are available or if you clean an island in 3 minutes or less while tagging every monster.

But I can easily claim that you need 1 hour and roughly 20 minutes (full heirloom ofc) while doing Freehold run (which can be done by every tank with at least 420 ilevel (but since most ppl have at least 450 now) so you just need a friend vs having to queue + you loot lot of cloth doing this). Like I said, I did it with 1 of my alt in multiboxing. I could pull every trash of the dungeon (or almost every trash) and each run used to give 45% before the XP buff. So here it's a 90%xp per run and clearing trashes only takes up to 6 minutes if you consider the time you need to get back to the entrance since you don't kill any boss with this method.

Winds is so much better... Korrak gets old quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Less as horde? You're kidding right? The alliance (wrong) mentality during the event was to sit in DB, let the horde take everything and roll over. Horde leveling was so much more efficient and quicker because of it. Not to mention they had the higher win rate before alliance started doing that.
    He is actually right.

Horde queues were crazy long, by crazy I mean like 40+ or 50+ minutes in peak times. Everyone who actually wanted to level on the horde side, used mercerany morde to queue as Alliance. Also, winning did not significantly boost XP rates at all. Everyone got the same xp regardless of winning or losing (with maybe a VERY slight bonus for win), so that didn't matter at all. On top of all that, Alliance had OP afking spots, in which (for most of the event's runtime) you were untargettable, and unreportable for afking. Alliance was vastly superior for XP on Korrak's Revenge.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-03-31 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    He is actually right.

Horde queues were crazy long, by crazy I mean like 40+ or 50+ minutes in peak times. Everyone who actually wanted to level on the horde side, used mercerany morde to queue as Alliance. Also, winning did not significantly boost XP rates at all. Everyone got the same xp regardless of winning or losing (with maybe a VERY slight bonus for win), so that didn't matter at all. On top of all that, Alliance had OP afking spots, in which (for most of the event's runtime) you were untargettable, and unreportable for afking. Alliance was vastly superior for XP on Korrak's Revenge.
    Course its all dependent on time when you que and regions, but from my experience horde ques were 10-12 minutes. My alliance ones were about 5 and under.

The winning the game was worth about 3/4 of a level. Alliance AFKing and letting the horde win wasn't efficient. The que time, 4 towers up, balinda down and the win was vastly more worth while exp wise. I leveled 8 horde toons to max from 110 to 120 in the time it took to do 3 alliance characters.

On top of all of that, Alliance just wasn't dam right fun at all. Hell it wasn't even fun on the horde winning because of it
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Not sure which gives more, but Korrak's was so much fun that I even forgot I was leveling.
    Mood. Korrak's was a blast on my spriest.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Korrak was faster but only if you had the two BG heirloom items. That was a 100% extra
    exp bonus, so even losses yielded tons of exp. Or so I'm told.

I leveled 8 horde toons to max from 110 to 120 in the time it took to do 3 alliance characters.
    How did you measure this? Sounds a bit unreal to me, but I guess yeah, it might have been different on the US servers.

Either way, afkability beats efficiency, because that literally means you are getting stuff done while doing nothing

Course its all dependent on time when you que and regions, but from my experience horde ques were 10-12 minutes. My alliance ones were about 5 and under.

The winning the game was worth about 3/4 of a level. Alliance AFKing and letting the horde win wasn't efficient. The que time, 4 towers up, balinda down and the win was vastly more worth while exp wise. I leveled 8 horde toons to max from 110 to 120 in the time it took to do 3 alliance characters.

On top of all of that, Alliance just wasn't dam right fun at all. Hell it wasn't even fun on the horde winning because of it
    Must be region, cause horde on EU had 18min. It took me 2h20min to level from 110-120, which is 10 AV's with only losses, put in 2 wins and its about 8, which gives 8 AVs x 10min pluss 8x4min for queue around 112minutes, and just add 30min extra for whatever reason and you see how fast it is for alliance.

Yes we got a whole level for each loss, only 1.5 for win. If you ONLY stay in DB its less, but on EU we focused capping 3 towers fast for extra xp. Horde or ally, you just stand in towers most of the time anyway. While you stay in your 12 min US queue, alliance was standing afking in a tower getting xp.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    Must be region, cause horde on EU had 18min. It took me 2h20min to level from 110-120, which is 10 AV's with only losses, put in 2 wins and its about 8, which gives 8 AVs x 10min pluss 8x4min for queue around 112minutes, and just add 30min extra for whatever reason and you see how fast it is for alliance.

Yes we got a whole level for each loss, only 1.5 for win. If you ONLY stay in DB its less, but on EU we focused capping 3 towers fast for extra xp. Horde or ally, you just stand in towers most of the time anyway. While you stay in your 12 min US queue, alliance was standing afking in a tower getting xp.
    Im EU, I can tell you point blank, my teams were solely focused on staying in DB from the start in the abuse spot. No interest in taking towers.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate