Does time walkin' give more XP than normal LFD? (Level 82)

Hello.

Just wondering if time walkin' is more XP than cata or MOP LFD.

I can't speak for those two but it definitely gives more xp than BfA dungeons, I was getting over a level a dungeon

When doing TW you have a good chance of being teamed up with 120 chars. Essence effects and corruption are active, so these players perform better than your leveling grp members. In other words: TW dungeons can be cleared much faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    When doing TW you have a good chance of being teamed up with 120 chars. Essence effects and corruption are active, so these players perform better than your leveling grp members. In other words: TW dungeons can be cleared much faster.
    Plus, they can give you their 425 loots, so ! Enjoy

Tell that to the 81 Mage I had in my group just now doing 86 DPS.

86. Eighty fucking six. I had to make sure my meter wasn't broken.

In my experience, all but WoD TW has an unlisted and substantial XP bonus at the final boss' death.

For whatever reason, they waved that option for WoD timewalking as of last time I used it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do legos still work in TW groups?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Yes, anything from that expansion or after

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    As far as I know yes because the ilvl is scaled down to where certain legendary power is still 'active'. I could be totally wrong now, but there was certainly a point where this was the case. Ex: use shadowmourne during WotLK TW.
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

I would go with the time walking option, I found it to be more quicker, especially 110 onward.

If you are speed leveling, MoP/Cata can also be a drag. You most likely will roll places like "The Stonecore", "Vortex Pinnacle" or "Throne of the Tides" Mobs there are little bit more "overtuned" than the other brackets, this can slow you down. MoP is fun, but places like "Stormstout Brewery" and "Temple of the Jade Serpent" being the easiest ones, disappears from pool rather fast.

Since I'm the one who has to heal, I also ask my groups to do mechanics, Interrupt avoid cleave/fire, especially if tank decides to extend.

Going for TW myself. Got my DK up today. The xp boost is just so much extra xp. A TW run is 1 level and then some for me with standard heirloom.

Yes but they are a pain, specially if you are a healer. Get no one or only one 120 in your group and the shit show begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Yes but they are a pain, specially if you are a healer.
    There is truth to this. Disc priests specifically, in their current version, are "not always built for" pre-100 content from what I've heard, and that lines up with what I've witnessed.
    Furthermore prior expansions have gone through the yo-yo of which classes can dispel what, and it hasn't aged well.

The current iteration of timewalking also seems to be leaning toward "it should be a challenge" which hasn't always been the case, sufferring a lot for post-110 characters that choose 30% more XP gain (because of course they will) over azerite armor. The ilvl will be the same, but the effects will not be.