Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Dragon Soul was a better raid than Nya'lotha.

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.
    Thumbs up! I don't get why people bash so much on Cata either.

I personally had a lot of fun that expac. Was even raiding professionally in a sponsored guild.

Quote Originally Posted by WingsofLiberty View Post
    Dragon Soul takes the cake and it isn't even a contest.

This patch could've been much better, yes, but 4.3 was the biggest mess ever introduced in this game.
    I did like the Well of Eternity 5-man, aside from Illidan (and Malfurion) being arrogant prats.

I actually have more fun than in most of the other last patches. Dragon Soul was horrible. SoO was waaaay to long and tbh, not that much to do. Legion was all right but still just on par with this one, imho.

WoD was allright but i just did not like the final raid at all. But that is a "me-problem".

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    i agree. It was the last time PvP was good. Ashran premades were also a ton of fun. It was the fist time since Vanilla that I had fun in large scale PvP.
    I thought the PvP was good, but Ashran largely was not. Wintergrasp was far and away the best of Blizzard's attempts at a PvP zone and event.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    While MOP Had a content drought towards the end, SOO was pretty good.
    Also timeless isle (funny they keep trying to replicate this model - and failing miserably)
    Blizzard doesn't seem to get what made Timeless Isle work. It didn't have flight, but it was small (unlike Argus and Tanaan, which wasn't going to have flight originally). It had a wide range of mobs, each with their own very distinct look and special combat ability. It had a clear progression of difficulty from landing point to peak. You could farm it infinitely without gating, and while there was diminishing returns they were fairly mild (aside from the massive hit of stuff when your character first arrived and did all the 'once ever' chests).

They got the spawn timers for the rares just right, too - short enough that you'd be each one in a few hours of play, long enough that it was reasonable to be annoyed if people wouldn't wait the couple of minutes it took to get there before they pulled. Also, early in the patch they were often hard enough that you'd want the help. This brought a sense of server community that I hadn't seen since pre-LFG LK, and have never seen since.

I never did get that damned serpent mount, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    DS was certainly NOT an amazing raid. One of the least inspiring raid instances in WoW's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    What exactly is so spectacular about Mechagon to you that it's so amazing compared to the rest?

It's a fucking tiny zone with 3 rotating world quests, a few boring daily slogs per day, and a bunch of rare spawns.
    This is amazing to you? Why are people so in love with camping rares for low drop-rate pets or mounts?
    Mechagone is/was fucking boring. Didn't do anything there after I was done with the initial flying/exalted dailies. Small zone with nothing new and filled with gnomes? No thanks. Workshop Mythic + is awesome though. Got the meta in Naz'jatar(now thats an awesome mount), not much more exciting but it had some lore and that theme is way better than lowly gnomes.

Just to add, I found Timeless Isle just as boring. Blizz needs to shake content like that up a bit.

worst ? not even close.

technically people have more stuff to do then in legion .

besides raiding and mythic + they can now also develop their cloaks , catch up alts , push visions .

what else were people expecting really

the only downside is abysmal timegate of limited vessels and 3 hour long cloak questline.

but besides this ? expansion ended endoy those few months before next lands.

Quote Originally Posted by cerin616 View Post
    DS wasnt all that buggy as I recall.
    Deathwing's back was a buggy as hell. Deathing's toes were worse. Ultraxion was pretty buggy to start as well, and Hagara's effects had some pretty interesting ideas about what counted as touching them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    No.
    I don't know what patch number it was but the patch that came during WotlK introducing LFD was the patch that changed WoW forever. And not to the better if you ask me.
    Also around the same time the whole aggro system changed and we had Guild Perks that destroyed many smaller guilds, wasn't a fan of that either. WotlK might be hailed as one of the best expansions, even by me, but it also brought some of the most damaging, game-changing patches we had before Pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    For me the Cataclysm heroics (~ 4 weeks after Cataclysm launch) were the most fun time I've had in WoW... ever? Don't know, it was incredibly enjoyable for me and I played a healer (first Priest with Chakras and then Paladin). I just loved it, was a great time. Players had to adapt but they refused to and due to that they demolished Cataclysm... unfortunately.
    I preferred BC's heroics for difficult runs - you couldn't even pretend you could muscle through those when they were fresh. The way only Mages and Hunters really had the CC (and to an extent Rogues) wasn't so great, though.

I didn't mind healing for guild groups, but man PuGs were painful especially on a Shaman before they buffed them a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, most people hate MoP.
    [citation needed]
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bildur View Post
    No.
    I don't know what patch number it was but the patch that came during WotlK introducing LFD was the patch that changed WoW forever. And not to the better if you ask me.
    Also around the same time the whole aggro system changed and we had Guild Perks that destroyed many smaller guilds, wasn't a fan of that either. WotlK might be hailed as one of the best expansions, even by me, but it also brought some of the most damaging, game-changing patches we had before Pathfinder.
    The aggro changes and the guild levels and perks were Cata, not LK. LFG though, that was LK.

10+ Year Old Account
    While MOP Had a content drought towards the end, SOO was pretty good.
    Well yeah, MOP was very good as a beginning - one of my best experiences despite the 2 hours of dailies, but SOO was just meh. I think I ended up quitting after a few months and before WOD release.

BfA is the first expansion i've largely disregarded during it's entire run (Except for occasional streaks), so I would agree it being the worst.
    BFA is kinda the opposite of MOP - it started out crap and ended up being pretty nice. Especially as a holy paladin, I'm quite happy with how 8.3 plays out with essences and stuff.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I thought the PvP was good, but Ashran largely was not. Wintergrasp was far and away the best of Blizzard's attempts at a PvP zone and event.
    Solo Ashran was cancer, but premade Ashran was a blast and a genuinely fun way to grind PvP gear! Paired with the one Gladiator building it was also worthwhile achievement grind. Wintergrasp was fun too, but I enjoyed premade vs premade in Ashran much more.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Comparing visual progression with the selfie cam.

...yeah, that's going nowhere.
    Visual progression. No words for that euphemism.
    We're still talking about repeatable systems here, and back in cata there was no achievement, title, mount or anything to get from running all dungeons to get every transmog. No reward besides the thing itself, just like with the Selfie Cam.
    Sure, as a long-term-system transmogs are great, but counting them as the replayability of one patch is bs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Visual progression. No words for that euphemism.
    Yeah, collecting multiple sets to change the visuals of your character isn't some sort of progression.
    and back in cata there was no achievement, title, mount or anything to get from running all dungeons to get every transmog. No reward besides the thing itself, just like with the Selfie Cam.
    Do you see people doing "selfie cam runs"?
    Transmog runs were a thing even before achievements were added to it.

Putting Transmog on the same level as the selfie cam is just one massive strawman.
    but counting them as the replayability of one patch is bs.
    It's not, it was added in that patch, thus it needs to be taken into account if you're judging that patch.
    It gave for a lot of people a reason to go back and do old content that they previously ignored, that would have not happened without the addition of Transmog.
    People started doing that once 4.3 hit servers, thus it gave them more stuff to do.

Dragonsoul was an awful raid by comparsion lol, enjoying Uldir/BoD/Eternal Palace/Ny'alotha way more than DS.

Coming from someone who just consumes the heroic/mythic raid content since WotLK, every WoW expansion has been fine. I've enjoyed every raid at the time, but in hindsight when I rate them know which were significantly weaker than the rest. Firelands, great, Dragon Soul, no no.

Also as someone that primarily only logged on for raid and not in between as there was nothing to do, unless rep dailies were incomplete, I've spent more time in game during Legion/BFA than all previoius expansions combined. So the WoW team must be doing something right.

My only complaints would be that the systems suck for alts, and managing your offspecs artifact for raiding early Legion really sucked, but for mains I have no complaints. Maybe just that needing PvP essences for PvE content is really annoying, Conflict and Strike being really good for tanks in PvE but I hate PvP content. -_-

Overall, all good. : D

To each their own? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, most people hate MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Tons of craftable devices, anti gravity backpack which as goddamn cool, custimizable trinket, mecha theme. Yes I fucking love that design of rares mechagon had, never camped any, still got meta achievement, and THE best mount in a game.

Mecha enemies that had cool skills instead of big smash shit we've had before. And the best dungeon in a game.
    Holy shit I had more fun in mechagon doing meta-achievement and in dungeon doing hertz locker than probably all the zones of wow combined.

Last boss on mechagon in hardmode was better than any other dungeon boss by so much it looks like a pure diamond sitting on a tons of crap.
    people had a bad reaction to the announcement,and were turned off by pandas and the theme,but like i said,look now at polls and stats,everyone has it top 3-2

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people had a bad reaction to the announcement,and were turned off by pandas and the theme,but like i said,look now at polls and stats,everyone has it top 3-2
    Not like anyone at the time knew that Blizzard will actually fall to the point where they actually manage to make abominations like WoD and now BFA.