Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    people had a bad reaction to the announcement,and were turned off by pandas and the theme,but like i said,look now at polls and stats,everyone has it top 3-2
    It's definitely one of my favorite expansions, maybe even my favorite. Mop had a great raiding scene at the time, Challenge Mode was introduced and those class armors are still some of the best visually satisfying sets to date.

Paragon buff for alt rep grinding, the Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, legendary cloak, the list goes on. People hated on the expansion because "lol kung-fu panda", which is still to me that silliest critique. It was a fine expansion and had so many great systems in place.

people had a bad reaction to the announcement,and were turned off by pandas and the theme,but like i said,look now at polls and stats,everyone has it top 3-2
    Look, i have a soft spot for MoP because of the good times with my old guild, diverse and beautiful zones, good raids and overall, good atmosphere.

But people putting that expansion high on the pedestal is pure rose-tinted glasses. MoP had it share of problems, some of which peaked at that time, after years of accumulating across all relevant endgame activities.

MoP lost 5 million players overall - some over excessive amount of dailies, most during SoO content drought.

MoP class design is NOT a goal that should be reached again. I don't ever want to go back to overcrowded spellbars, extreme burst in PvP along with extreme cc chains, overpowered warlocks, aborbs being so OP, that you never had a reason not to take palies and priests, the height of ranged/melee arms race with mobility and instant spells. Even my own spec, elemental shaman, turned OP overnight when they buffed it in 5.2, after they could three-shot people with instant Lava bursts (and enhacement shamans dropping people 100-0 in Ascendance from RANGE).

It's like some people didn't play the same expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    MoP lost 5 million players overall - some over excessive amount of dailies, most during SoO content drought.
    That's not correct. It lost a lot at the start, but most of those were from the initial surge. It then held numbers, even through to SoO drought until the last few months. MoP actual held back the steady loss of subs that started in Cata and resumed in WoD (and WoD's initial surge died faster than MoP's). MoP had a rocky start, but overall it got stuff right, and the number of subs supports that.

The raid itself is fun, however the unused potential of nya'lotha itself is really sad.

Most bosses have fun mechanics and the likes, with only n'zoth himself being a bit meh/anticlimactic overal.

Aside from that, the assaults are okay, nothing new its the same ol same ol do dailies stuff and I like how the nzoth invasion area looks.

Visions are a blast though. Exploring them on my own I found so many lil details. Like in SW the tailors mouth being sewn shut or a note from Vanessa Vancleef showing she is also still alive and avoided Shaw through some weird means at the canals. Lots of little details in those areas and if you are done with your main progression of your cloak and such I would advise all people with a soft spot for hidden things and easter eggs to go explore the 2 visions with no masks so you can stay alive in there for a very very long time.

Overal, its a decent patch. Wasted potential on the raids setting is the only downside to the patch in my opinion.

That would be WoTlK, an amazing expansion. Just having Ruby Sanctum that whole duration for the last patch was painful and dead as hell

8.3 Feels like a test patch. Everything introduced is a test. They're testing new ways to use gear (Corruption instead of TF / WF) They're testing new tech for bosses (Skitra and Football boss in NYA) Horrific Vissions and sanity... Nothing feels like an end game patch, it all just feels like they're using this patch to test things... And I don't like it. Dragon soul at least introduced transmog, and though the raid wasn't great and lasted too long... The fact it introduced a feature that has lasted and will last going forward, still makes it better for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Transmog added a ton of replayability to old content and is generally seen one of the best features added to the game.
    i sadly disagree
    while i do transmog myself too and even collect tbc/wrath tier sets, transmog made blizz get really shitty in designs (don't like it ? transmog) not to mention it killed what used to be players walking in best gear in capitals
    before u can tell from miles without need to inspect that this player is one of top, now u can't
    I know that i do like transmog, but i wonder if the price is worth it, it killed another part of the game social (also nothing in compare to LFG)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

any expansion before legion was worse than bfa imo, simply because of the addition of m+.
    eventhough my main focus is raiding, i like to have challanging stuff to do when im not.
    corruption was a interesting idea, but it turned out bad. visions make up for it though.
    that being said, i miss the simple days without titanforging/corruption rng bullshit.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-03-23 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shokfactor View Post
    That would be WoTlK, an amazing expansion. Just having Ruby Sanctum that whole duration for the last patch was painful and dead as hell
    again, as far i know, didn't blizz say that 3.3 is official last patch, and RS is just a mini patch to spice the long drought?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    transmog made blizz get really shitty in designs (don't like it ? transmog)
    Subjective opinion, personally i can't even transmog pre WoD items outside of a few sets because it now looks so outdated compared to more modern gear.

before u can tell from miles without need to inspect that this player is one of top, now u can't
    Considering that Blizzard now dumps gear onto people, i don't think that this would have much value to begin with.
    Especially in the light of fact that M+ still looks the same, you couldn't even tell if someone has heroic / mythic gear but looks like some blue dungeon guy.

Like, WQ gear is now better than Uldir / BoD gear, despite it looking way more beefed up.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    It's definitely one of my favorite expansions, maybe even my favorite. Mop had a great raiding scene at the time, Challenge Mode was introduced and those class armors are still some of the best visually satisfying sets to date.

Paragon buff for alt rep grinding, the Timeless Isle, Isle of Thunder, legendary cloak, the list goes on. People hated on the expansion because "lol kung-fu panda", which is still to me that silliest critique. It was a fine expansion and had so many great systems in place.
    also the kungu panda thing is silly considering wow had pandas before that movie lol

- - - Updated - - -

Look, i have a soft spot for MoP because of the good times with my old guild, diverse and beautiful zones, good raids and overall, good atmosphere.

But people putting that expansion high on the pedestal is pure rose-tinted glasses. MoP had it share of problems, some of which peaked at that time, after years of accumulating across all relevant endgame activities.

MoP class design is NOT a goal that should be reached again. I don't ever want to go back to overcrowded spellbars, extreme burst in PvP along with extreme cc chains, overpowered warlocks, aborbs being so OP, that you never had a reason not to take palies and priests, the height of ranged/melee arms race with mobility and instant spells. Even my own spec, elemental shaman, turned OP overnight when they buffed it in 5.2, after they could three-shot people with instant Lava bursts (and enhacement shamans dropping people 100-0 in Ascendance from RANGE).

saying mop was the best or among the best expansions doesnt mean mop= AMAZING! BEST THING EVER!,it means that just among the wow expansions that one was better,what expansions do you think were better?and pls dont say wrath,or atleast try to think why wrath was actualy really bad before saying wrath that isnt all personal nostalgia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho3 View Post
    Not like anyone at the time knew that Blizzard will actually fall to the point where they actually manage to make abominations like WoD and now BFA.
    sure but even at the time mop was a second best after tbc,it was better than cata and imo better than wrath,wrath gets major overatedness mostly cause its peoples nostalgia for eithe rhaving started wow then or having an arthas boner

No, it was the worst expansion back then and it didn't really change since then. It was mediocre in all of the aspects... until WoD came.
    And class design was absolute garbage. Those who praise it played broken classes like warlocks but it was miserable experience for everyone else.

The only positive aspect was battle pets.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, people have extremely bad memory. For average player both BfA and Legion were better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Subjective opinion, personally i can't even transmog pre WoD items outside of a few sets because it now looks so outdated compared to more modern gear.

Considering that Blizzard now dumps gear onto people, i don't think that this would have much value to begin with.
    Especially in the light of fact that M+ still looks the same, you couldn't even tell if someone has heroic / mythic gear but looks like some blue dungeon guy.

Like, WQ gear is now better than Uldir / BoD gear, despite it looking way more beefed up.
    pre-wod have low polygons, but are still fav, blizz did admit that most famous transmog is BT tier set, hence why they reskinned them in ToS (or so they claim)
    And yeah in BFA specially i noticed how crappy low the old gear polygons are in compare to everything else
    The idea that current 1502 ilvl gear all look same is again their fault, i prefer the older gear model where u know u can get what where, not some random chest can give u uber gear with low to no effort

- - - Updated - - -

pandas are still shit and don't fit in wow, hence why in MoP they were ignored in the end, even patch 5.2 focus was on mogu and trolls
    So no it doesn't fit the idea that pandas were 'beloved', in their own exp they were sidelined for nazi garrosh story
    And MoP is remembered due to be last exp before butchering classes, i don't know whose idea was that, but wow is the first "RPG" game where u lose more abilities the more u lvl, exact opposite of any RPG concept
    MoP has solid gameplay, specially in classes, but the pandas themselves are still the biggest joke of that exp
    Thrall

It is pretty shit but not the worst.

10+ Year Old Account

when everyone is "OP", no one is
    Last time i enjoyed healing was MoP, i healed as monk, as druid, and as pally, and while the difference was obvious (druid can't MT heal, pallies can't really aoe, and monk was basically a cd based class), i enjoyed it a LOT
    in pvp i was paladin and i still pvped the f8ck out of that exp, played arena and so on, also back then i was still more hardcore than now
    What u don't like in pvp i love, basically each class had a button for any specific moment, a druid can instant heal tank ~ 3 times before he use all his cds and tank is f8cked unless a pally save the day, while paladin can't heal a raid in big aoe fights like that turtle in isle of thunder, or that t-rex who kept roaring in SoO
    MoP is only exp that i felt each class has his moments and abilities and utilities in every raid, yeah a t-rex will always take a druid over pally healer, but other fights forget solo it as druid (talking hc here, not normal), and in pvp arena was always burst the squishiest target (usually healer) whatever exp i did it, mop didn't change a thing, at least MoP wasn't purely humans + shaman dwarf or nelf druid like WoD

While I enjoyed Legion, healing specially was horrible, and i didn't really hardcore pvp or pve to compare with MoP, but pve-wise i hated healing in Legion, every healer is almost like the other with tiny difference, unlike MoP where healer unique style was embraced instead of nerfed to be 'similar' to other classes
    Thrall

pre-wod have low polygons, but are still fav, blizz did admit that most famous transmog is BT tier set, hence why they reskinned them in ToS (or so they claim)
    And yeah in BFA specially i noticed how crappy low the old gear polygons are in compare to everything else
    The idea that current 1502 ilvl gear all look same is again their fault, i prefer the older gear model where u know u can get what where, not some random chest can give u uber gear with low to no effort

- - - Updated - - -

pandas are still shit and don't fit in wow, hence why in MoP they were ignored in the end, even patch 5.2 focus was on mogu and trolls
    So no it doesn't fit the idea that pandas were 'beloved', in their own exp they were sidelined for nazi garrosh story
    And MoP is remembered due to be last exp before butchering classes, i don't know whose idea was that, but wow is the first "RPG" game where u lose more abilities the more u lvl, exact opposite of any RPG concept
    MoP has solid gameplay, specially in classes, but the pandas themselves are still the biggest joke of that exp
    yeah...i didnt say pandas were amazing or that they fit in wow,dont get the point of the contention

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    No, it was the worst expansion back then and it didn't really change since then. It was mediocre in all of the aspects... until WoD came.
    And class design was absolute garbage. Those who praise it played broken classes like warlocks but it was miserable experience for everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep, people have extremely bad memory. For average player both BfA and Legion were better.
    well,thats your opinion,and you are part of a very tiny minority

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post

- - - Updated - - -

again, as far i know, didn't blizz say that 3.3 is official last patch, and RS is just a mini patch to spice the long drought?
    If Blizz came out with an 8.3.5 that had a filler raid of some kind, would you consider it part of Shadowlands not BFA? Cause that's what you're doing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

yeah...i didnt say pandas were amazing or that they fit in wow,dont get the point of the contention

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

There's a fully progressed/developed MoP private server where devs literally decided to skip WoD entirely and jump straight to developing Legion. They even made a poll where players got to vote on the matter and needless to say: Only ~11% of voters wanted WoD while the rest 89% voted jump straight to the Legion option.

That's already says a lot about that "expansion" when even freeload pserver players don't wanna touch that garbage... and rightfully so.

Heck, even goddamn Cata servers which is one of worst expansions in my opinion are pretty populated till Dragon Soul/End of Firelands progression(but they die right after cuz no one wants to waste their time on DS).
    Last edited by Pu3Ho3; 2020-03-24 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    Nyalotha = Hellfire > Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Biggest thing I hate about 8.3 is your alts are basically DOA. I know Blizz has made it possible to gear alts with essence now but, the problem is its still too much work for little or no reward. I really hope blizz is listening to its players. I've said many times. I can't handle another BFA. If blizz would have at least added some kind of cool xmog to the visions that would have at least given me a little more incentive. Maybe not to the extent of the mage tower but something. I know I'm in the minority but I do have High hopes for Shadowlands. Fingers crossed.