Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I would rate 8.3 has only worse than 7.3.

3.3 was a 2 month timegated raid and catchup dungeons.

5.4 was boring isle of rare farming.

Both also lasted > 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    At least DS had a end boss cinematic better than the 20s copy of LotR ending lol
    I mean, i don't care too much about something I'll watch all of one time lol.

Ruby Sanctum, why does everyone forget that was a thing? Or does it not count because it was a X.X.5 patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    Ummm Dragon Soul brought the worst thing to Wow... LFR. nothing will beat that, let alone the year and 1/2 of Dragon Soul Farming.

They even had to Bribe us with Free Diablo 3, and the Tyreal Charger mount. to keep playing for a year.
    Last edited by Shadowsgrace; 2020-03-24 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    It's not the patch itself but the systems around it that are trash.
    yes exactly this.

It's not wow patch itself but the blizzard systems around it that are trash.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ruby Sanctum, why does everyone forget that was a thing? Or does it not count because it was a X.X.5 patch?
    Because it was part of "Wrath of the Lich King" the penultimate expac in most people's opinion. Their can't be a blight on it. I remember Ruby Sanctum, I was there man, I saw things... I saw stuff... I remember zoning into the Raid 3 hours before raid, and not AFK'ing out, just so my Guild had a lockout... (remembering Ulduar Launch, another blemish people gloss over). Don't get me wrong WotLK was a great expac, probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite.

It was part of WotLK, so people ignore it so as not to damage their perception that WotLK was a shining masterpiece of MMOs where everything worked perfectly and all patches were great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Because it was part of "Wrath of the Lich King" the penultimate expac in most people's opinion. Their can't be a blight on it. I remember Ruby Sanctum, I was there man, I saw things... I saw stuff... I remember zoning into the Raid 3 hours before raid, and not AFK'ing out, just so my Guild had a lockout... (remembering Ulduar Launch, another blemish people gloss over). Don't get me wrong WotLK was a great expac, probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite.
    Players generally tend ot forget negative experiences quickly and replace them with good experiences. Which is why i remember enjoying WoD more than BfA when i more likely have forgotten all the times i was bored out of my mind waiting for my guilds BRF raid to fill up when i could replace those memories with having fun with friends.
    Happened already with Legion as well, players have already forgotten how terrible the endgame content was at launch when it came to grinding the aritfact and praying you would get a legiondary taht was actually useful instead of the PvP ring or something. Or how players talk about mage tower, forgetting how it was the sole moment of quality in what is arguably one of the worst patches put into an expansion, where the "raid questline" consisted of 10 generic quests on a weekly lockout with no story behind them whatsoever.

If you count that, then we also need to count 7.3.5, which was just an epilogue patch.

Its rather hilarious to me that some people think some small epilogue patch for the next expansion counts the same as a major patch that concludes the actual expansion. Good thing most people are smart enough to know that the thread is about major patches.

5.4 > 3.3 > 7.3 > 4.3 > 2.4 > 6.2 > 8.3

After reading numerous peer-reviewed studies on this topic, the rankings listed above are more than likely the correct way to rank the patches. 8.3 is a stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    use some fucking imagination, you know exactly what im talking about.
    Except they resemble "squids/octopus" much more than they resemble elephants. That's like saying the draenei resemble stags, the worgen resemble St Bernard dogs, or the quilboar resemble guinea pigs.

That is, I'm assuming you're talking about the Faceless and K'thir.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

After reading numerous peer-reviewed studies on this topic, the rankings listed above are more than likely the correct way to rank the patches. 8.3 is a stinker.
    That is not even remotely close to being correct.
    5.4 was far from great patch and 8.3 is far from being bad one.

More like 8.3 > 7.3 > 5.4 > 6.2
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-03-25 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is not even remotely close to being correct.
    5.4 was far from great patch and 8.3 is far from being bad one.

More like 8.3 > 7.3 > 5.4 > 6.2
    Why be such a contrarian? Fishing for replies?

Dragon soul was worse, but by a very slim margin. I'm honestly not mad about it though, after the dumpster fire the rest of this expansion has been I can't imagine what they could have done to make this patch good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Dragon Soul was a better raid than Nya'lotha.

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.
    i love revisionist history.

cant wait to see how many people hate (insert next thing).

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except it wasn't just the selfie cam. Did you ever look at the patch notes? They added a lot in that patch, but people just fixated on the thing they hated. Hell, look at the voice chat patch from BC.
    they added a raid that was tested in WoD beta and ppl were wondering it wasn't launched at start, they added twitter integration, they added the new belf model that should been at launch too, they added heirloom tab that was supposed to be from launch, they added some stuff to garrison that this time i don't know if it was delayed from the rushed buggy launch or not
    So yeah the 'lot of stuff' is still mostly delays from older patch, the new stuff is still twitter, selfie, and some garrison additions
    It still doesn't change the fact that blizz own employees (yes blue posts) weren't even sure to call it patch 6.1 or not in first place either
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Hardly. It's maybe not the best end patch (as in last patch with major raid/story conclusion), but far from the worst either.

Well, it's certainly the least interested I've ever been in a major patch. So, possibly? I haven't even bothered with the new raid yet, that's how little I care.

ironic coming from the OP of this thread

So when the majority of the thread doesn't agree with you you decide to straight up lie and use your opinion as fact? That's one of the saddest things I've seen on this site.

Pot calling the kettle black I see.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.