Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
7
15
16
17
18
19
... LastLast
  1. #321
    Nah, there's been worse.

    I'm not saying this is worth playing, but there's been worse.

  2. #322
    Dreadlord Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion but Legion was a very good expansion.
    How exactly?

  3. #323
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    I also love how people are all of sudden praising 7.3, while at the time, hell broke loose because of no flying.
    Not me, I specifically called it out for that, then and now. Argus was, for me, a sour note in an otherwise damned good expansion (relatively late flight was another sour note, and one that's being carried forward, dammit). Just as the endless daily and rep grind of early MoP was the sour note there (and no flying ever on Isle of Thunder). ToC, etc., in Lich King and the final mini-patch (Ruby Sanctum) were the low points for it. BC was all pretty good at the time, but hasn't aged well. Cata rates low because it had lots of issues at the start, and Dragon Soul at the end - Firelands being pretty good hadly makes up for the rest. WoD - good levelling, okay initial raids, good final raid, but nothing to do outside garrisons for far too long, made worse by lack of flight far way, way too long (I unsubbed over that, and only came back when they introduced flight). And then we come to BfA, with some decent levelling aside from the major power loss with levels (but it gets boring with repetition faster than Legion and WoD, not least because it's hard to shortcut), and good raids but just about everything else absolutely blows IMO (but Dragon Soul's patch is still the worst end of expansion patch ever, though not by much).

    As for Visions being hard, I think that it's not as much the difficulty as that they are not optional (whereas Mage Tower was), and that a lot of the difficulty in Visions is pretty random stuff that just stacks and stacks with increasing difficulty. Most of the Mage Tower challenges were 'clean', with predictable bad stuff that you could learn the sequence of. The lack of option to avoid them is what made the hard heroics of early Cata such a deal-breaker - people who had previously done a bit of raiding, and a bit of this and that were blocked by the Heroics. Even in BC you could raid fairly casually with lower Kara being easier and needing less gear than the heroics originally did.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2020-03-26 at 12:54 PM.

  4. #324
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    This post was so wrong that I didn't know what to do really. I think I might have over reacted when I panicked and reported this post to the FBI and the CDC but what is done is done. The last patch of Cata was a terrible ending to a terrible expansion. It is the worst raid that there has ever been. It is worst the ToC. People dont have a hatestiffy for Cata. It is just that bad. The only thing that was good about Cata is that it isn't WoD.
    Ok, really?

    Complain about DS all you want, it was a terribad raid AND patch - But ToC was so much worse in all the ways DS was and then some.
    >Less bosses (5 vs. 8)
    >Reused dungeon map for first 4 out of 5 bosses (At least DS had a FEW varying locales, some of which were altered specially for the raid)
    >Limited attempts on final boss for a special mount that you can't even get anymore
    >Able to gear in FULL T9 through just dungeon badges (First time you could get full tier without stepping in the raid)
    >Final boss is a reused dungeon boss with more ice on it
    >ALL bosses are reused assets, from scaled-up beast mobs to regular faction NPCs, to recolored Val'kyr, and finally Anub'arak
    >The only good boss is only good because of his quotes. YOU FACE JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION!

    This literally proves you have a hateboner for Cata, as you claim no one has a hateboner for Cata.

    I found Cata to be a bad expansion overall, but I loved T11, and T12 was also a good tier with a cool daily zone added with it. DS wasn't good, but it certainly wasn't the worst raid ever released. It was moreso the rapid change of dungeon difficulty that turned me off from the expansion - I didn't mind harder early heroics, but they were definitely overtuned at the start, then WAAAAAAAY undertuned at the end since they got so many huge nerfs together with player power rising and catch up mechanics being stronger than ever.

    That said, I found the Hellfire Citadel patch entirely lackluster. Sure, plenty of bosses, but that served more to drag the place out rather than make it seem like a cool raid. None of the bosses were particularly memorable, the scenery was cool the first time through but after 10 or so weeks it starts to get pretty tiring, looking at all that Fel. I didn't like Tanaan as a zone as I felt the random drops were garbage and the toys were mostly relegated to use IN Tanaan... Nevermind the forced grind for their reps in order to fly. (I don't mind pathfinder, but making us do content we don't enjoy for much longer than even those who DO enjoy it, enjoy it for is my one gripe about it.) The one thing that was cool about that whole patch was that there was a Fel Raven mount. So I deem 6.2 as the worst final patch, myself.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    It confirmed to me that people have a severe case of rose tinted glasses. Up to WoD, most of content were painful dailies. Molten Front dailies were annoying to do even at 120. Wrath tournament dailies, horrible, even at 120. Sunwell dailies? MoP dailies? Same, both painful to do even at max lvl.
    I feel this is more the opposite of rose-tinted goggles.

    The content was fine at-level, because that was the endgame at max level at the time. Hell, I got the Crusader title back in Wrath because I was in a guild, so each day I'd log in and do dailies with the guild. It didn't even feel like a grind.

    Now, I go back to do Wrath dailies, and it FEELS like a grind. Why? Because it's trash, that's why. I one shot everything. There's no rewards worth getting. The only thing I'd want at level 120 is Crusader (thankfully already have), so the only reward I'd want would take me 30 days to get it. It's not engaging content anymore, it's braindead content that still takes time. Nobody else is doing it, and even if they were, they most certainly don't need my help. (They didn't back then either, but the point remains that it's now completely dead content with no one near it. Social content is always more engaging.)

    So I don't really consider your "I went back and did it..." as the exact same as doing it at level. Now let's see how well Mechagon holds up when it's not at-level content anymore.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-03-26 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  5. #325
    4.3 brought you an 8 boss-raid that was more of a skipping from one encounter spot to the next. 3 trivial instances. The LFR, love it or hate it.
    No outdoor zones (people were still grinding those Molten Front dailies).
    No daily quests etc, only a short quest chain for 3 dungeons.

  6. #326
    Love me some 8.3 so i disagree!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    How exactly?
    I hated legion so not sure why he likes it.

  7. #327
    Dreadlord Depakote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Alpha Quadrant
    Posts
    837
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Love me some 8.3 so i disagree!

    - - - Updated - - -

    I hated legion so not sure why he likes it.
    How can you like 8.3 when it's even worse than legion ever was?

  8. #328
    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    How can you like 8.3 when it's even worse than legion ever was?
    Lol no... 8.3 is better than entire legion.

  9. #329
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    4.3 brought you an 8 boss-raid that was more of a skipping from one encounter spot to the next. 3 trivial instances. The LFR, love it or hate it.
    No outdoor zones (people were still grinding those Molten Front dailies).
    No daily quests etc, only a short quest chain for 3 dungeons.
    Doesn't matter if there was no zones or daily quests, the raid alone is one of the best we've received. Dragon Soul knocks it out of the park, especially when compared to Ny'alotha.

  10. #330
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Ummm Dragon Soul brought the worst thing to Wow... LFR. nothing will beat that, let alone the year and 1/2 of Dragon Soul Farming.

    They even had to Bribe us with Free Diablo 3, and the Tyreal Charger mount. to keep playing for a year.
    LFR is one of the best things that ever happened in WoW. Dragon Soul was okay except for Deathwing being easier to beat than Ragnaros in the Firelands. That made no sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    How can you like 8.3 when it's even worse than legion ever was?
    Both were and are fine. 8.3 is a lot of fun. The last patch in BC was the worst ever.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Acer Nitro 5
    AMD FX-6300 CPU ----------------------AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Vega 8 graphics
    AMD RX470 GPU ------------------------AMD Radeon RX 560X discrete graphics
    16gb RAM --------------------------------16 GB DDR4 RAM
    1 TB Samsung 860 QVO SSD ----------1 TB Crucial MX500 SSD

  11. #331
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Lol no... 8.3 is better than entire legion.
    For sure 100%!

  12. #332
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    If you count that, then we also need to count 7.3.5, which was just an epilogue patch.
    hey u ruining his attack on wotlk, how can he be special snowflake?
    seriously who count RS as last patch of exp? blizz is the one who decide which patch is last patch, they decided a selfie patch a full patch and gave it 6.1 then it is a full patch, even if its new content is delayed raid since beta and twitter action and a selfie cam

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    How exactly?
    sales mostly
    the only think to really judge of an exp is considered good or not is really how much ppl play consistently in it, we know WoD is sh8t because before they stopped report it was way low
    BFA had the security breach that made ppl yell at each other about sub numbers (and ignore the f8cking problem that their credit cards may be in danger!) so we have a good idea about BFA subs
    Legion had higher activity, and since blizz refuse to state official we can only use non-official 3rd party sources
    While we can't tell if Legion is better than MoP for example, we can easily tell it is better than BFA and WoD just by activity, also this quarantine is going to boost BFA numbers a lot

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    >Final boss is a reused dungeon boss with more ice on it
    did u miss the part where literally everyone asked for Anub'arak return in a better role than his pathetic show up as weak dungeon boss?
    That point specifically can't be used against him, it was not just popular request, no one was against it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #333
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did u miss the part where literally everyone asked for Anub'arak return in a better role than his pathetic show up as weak dungeon boss?
    That point specifically can't be used against him, it was not just popular request, no one was against it
    And the raid fight was equally lackluster.

    So yes, I can continue to use that against him, because he wasn't redeemed by his reuse. He was just further destroyed. If his reuse somehow gave him a proper sendoff, I'd consider your point - But it most certainly didn't. It was just ANOTHER disappointing use of him.

    Which, anyone who knew anything about him would have known would happen. Because 1) He was dead, so his only return option was as Undead. 2) He didn't have any story use. He literally appears just to die again. Which we knew would happen, since this was raid 3 and raid 4 would be Icecrown with Arthas.

    And last but not least: His raid fight was overshadowed by literally every other boss in ToC. ALL of the other bosses (with exceptions for Faction Champs depending on the group) were more interesting and unique than the Anubarak fight.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-03-28 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  14. #334
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    And the raid fight was equally lackluster.

    So yes, I can continue to use that against him, because he wasn't redeemed by his reuse. He was just further destroyed. If his reuse somehow gave him a proper sendoff, I'd consider your point - But it most certainly didn't. It was just ANOTHER disappointing use of him.
    here we disagree
    Anub'arak fight was brutal, it redeemed him imo, he is one of hardest fights ever in wrath
    That what i wanted more than anything, heck he was harder to do in cata more than LK himself (but that because of his leech ability)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  15. #335
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    here we disagree
    Anub'arak fight was brutal, it redeemed him imo, he is one of hardest fights ever in wrath
    That what i wanted more than anything, heck he was harder to do in cata more than LK himself (but that because of his leech ability)
    Difficulty =/= Good fight

    Anubarak's fight was difficult, on ToGC25. Not ToC, it was piss easy in ToC10, minorly difficult in 25, hard in ToGC10, and actually difficult in ToGC25.

    But the fight wasn't GOOD. Keep adds on frost patches. (Don't waste frost patches on ToGC - Basically just a soft enrage.) Do enough damage. Bait spikes. Don't heal allies to max during phase 3 (The actual hard part of the fight, tbh.)... and that's it. The reason people couldn't do it in Cata was cause his leech was based off percentage HP, so the higher Cata health actually hurt your ability to beat the boss, not because it was hard.

    The fight was basic. It really wasn't impressive. It was just an upgrade of the dungeon fight, which wasn't a good fight.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-03-28 at 10:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  16. #336
    Easily 8.3 is the worst . At least for me . I haven't logged on in weeks
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

  17. #337
    I have to say yes. Everything about this patch turned me off. Due to corona I have free time and on WOW I am just farming mounts and trying to make gold. The whole corruption thing turned me off this patch and raiding.

  18. #338
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

    Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    Dragon Soul amazing? Ok dude

  19. #339
    All I know, and have said it before, I was playing all the other patches. Not playing this one. Says what it says.

  20. #340
    why is this a bad patch? because you dont want to do shit every week to obtain things? sounds about right

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •