Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

8.3; Worst Final Patch ever created?

Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    DS... amazing....

0/10

Nopes!

Bad troll is bad!

Well, 4.3 introduced Transmog, so that's kinda a plus...

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That would be Dragon Soul.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

6.2 will always be the worst final patch

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily. Not even a question for me anymore. This patch is IN MY OPINION a travesty

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not as bad as 4.3 or 6.2, but it's really not that good. All it has going for it is the raid. The world content is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    That would be Dragon Soul.
    Dragon Soul was a better raid than Nya'lotha.

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    HfC, DS > Nyalotha the boring city, Antorus the boring Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.
    Dragon soul was a year long 8 boss raid full of reused assets with 2 of the worst fights in the entire game. Nya is a god in comparison.

This post was so wrong that I didn't know what to do really. I think I might have over reacted when I panicked and reported this post to the FBI and the CDC but what is done is done. The last patch of Cata was a terrible ending to a terrible expansion. It is the worst raid that there has ever been. It is worst the ToC. People dont have a hatestiffy for Cata. It is just that bad. The only thing that was good about Cata is that it isn't WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Honestly 8.3 is not that great of a patch. Built up Ny'alotha since cataclysm i believe and all we got is a raid. 2 zones with a few faceless and some obelisks ... great. Been better if it had the 5.2 ToT treatment and a better introduction to Ny'alotha.

Oh wow I definitely have read it all now

I loved Cata up to 4.2 but 4.3 was an inexcusable failure.

Quote Originally Posted by kralljin View Post
    well, 4.3 introduced transmog, so that's kinda a plus...
    and lfr!!!!!

Only good thing that came out of 8.3 are horrific visions which could use some improvements. The whole N'Zoth arc could've been done a lot better and Nya'lotha should've been a zone aswell, what we got instead are reusing 2 old zones and a LotR + Dragon Soul (DBZ) ending.

Not sure if I prefer 4.3 or 6.2 but the best ones are easily 3.3, 2.4 and 7.3

I'm usually one to defend others for their opinions but how does a raid with 9 bosses that is mostly reused assets better than a 12 boss completely new raid?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

dragon soul was by far one of the worst raids ever,and no competition worst final raid,it was a joke,far to small,lazy mecanics,re used assets for the entire zone and most bosses,and the gimmicks of the finnal boss fell flat,nyalotha has a lot of good things going on for it,just the final boss feels underwelming

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm usually one to defend others for their opinions but how does a raid with 9 bosses that is mostly reused assets better than a 12 boss completely new raid?
    8 bosses actualy

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, at least the raid was amazing.
    Edited the post because BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

100% troll detected. You *MUST* be trolling, there's no way. This *patch* sucks ass, probably the worst final patch (besides visions), but to say Dragon Soul was "amazing" means you're either trolling or never did it. DS is a bug-riddled, reused-asset, MESS. That raid was ABYSMAL.

Did you also forget the Annual Pass where Blizz locked people into paying for that garbage for a year to get Diablo 3 (one of the worst games ever at launch) for free? Good lord man.

Cata was a great expansion that was hardcore carried by its launch and just kept getting worse with each patch. I will agree that, *overall*, it was definitely better than MoP and WoD (and obviously BfA), but Dragon Soul is one of, if not, *the* worst raid in the game. It had ONE good boss (Yor'sahj) and seven trash bosses that were buggy, stupid, or just flat out boring as hell.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2020-03-22 at 02:08 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

In my opinion, the last great patch was Throne of Thunder. Just look at the insane amount of stuff it added. It's also the last expansion that added a lot of stuff, although you can tell it was do or die with Legion in some aspects of it so I'll give it bonus points, but it's also the birthplace of World of Systems. I don't know if the new systems are just too cumbersome for designing the game on a technical level, or just miscalculations, but BfA has been like a WoD that only started average.

Also I'll add, and impopular opinion but.. I actually think WoD was a nice x.0 launch, other than tech difficulties and the obvious cuts to it. It just had only raids released after that, other than Tanaan, so it really fell flat. But again imo, the first month or two was a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Stormykitten; 2020-03-22 at 02:17 AM.