Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think 8.3 is pretty meh when talking about just the straight features.

If I have to bring my opinion regarding lore into it, then it plunges far below any final patch before, but I guess that's not a wholly fair way to assess the patch. Mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormykitten View Post
    In my opinion, the last great patch was Throne of Thunder.
    Um, ToT wasn't an expansion-ending patch... Siege of Orgrimmar (SoO) ended MoP, not ToT.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Only good thing that came out of 8.3 are horrific visions which could use some improvements. The whole N'Zoth arc could've been done a lot better and Nya'lotha should've been a zone aswell, what we got instead are reusing 2 old zones and a LotR + Dragon Soul (DBZ) ending.

Not sure if I prefer 4.3 or 6.2 but the best ones are easily 3.3, 2.4 and 7.3
    Horrific Visions are probably just a chunk of Torgast taken out of it and put into 8.3 with an Old God skin for the sake of early tasting, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Um, ToT wasn't an expansion-ending patch... Siege of Orgrimmar (SoO) ended MoP, not ToT.
    At first I was confused too, but Stormy said the last great patch, not the last great patch that was a final raid patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is correct. Legion an BfA are the 2 worst expansions they have ever made. I hope they learn from their mistakes and make Shadowlands better though i don't think i'll be holding my breath.

People saying Dragon Soul was a good raid are off their fucking rocker, even my pleb as all hell guild at the time cleared heroic (mythic) with a decent rank, was literally the most joke of an end raid we've ever seen, it was Emerald Nightmare level.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

It's definitely one of the worst ones. However it could definitely have been worse.

It's about what I would expect of a final patch from an expansion that has been well deservedly abanadoned to give priority to the next one. Mininal effort in order for it not to completely suck.

4.3 shall never be toppled.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    d8 bosses actualy
    Even worse! Idk why I always think DS has 9 bosses.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Sorry about that for muddling it up! I guess it took a bit too much space in the post. I really meant that I just felt MoP was the strongest of the past few with its SoO (aside from the patch length but I feel like this is always an issue) end, but ToT was even better for me. And then I'm kind of just going objectively fun content, I wouldn't say MoP was my utter fave themewise

10+ Year Old Account
    ICC was the worst lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    ICC was the worst lmao
    Why exactly do you think this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Dragon Soul was a better raid than Nya'lotha.

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.
    Firelands was great. Dragon Soul wasn't. At least it wasn't enjoyable for me back then when I was in a top 20 guild.

BFA is miles ahead of cataclysm in terms of content. Lmao, people forced Blizzard to nerf dungeons in Cata. Too hard, they said. Memories.

All personal opinions though. You might think Cata > BFA. Doesn't mean that it was.
    Hi

Yes, at this point shadowlands has to be a big step in the right direction for me to come back to retail. BFA systems are just so bad, if you take a break for a patch you come back to another shitty unintuitive system that the game would have been better of without. 8.3 is shitty systems taken to another level. Early bfa was bearable, mid bfa was crap but you could kinda live with it, this is just beyond.

worst ending patch? probably not. barest? definitely. hardly anything new was added. just grinds, visions and a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    8.3 unironically the greatest patch of all time after these changes from these last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think 8.3 is pretty meh when talking about just the straight features.

If I have to bring my opinion regarding lore into it, then it plunges far below any final patch before, but I guess that's not a wholly fair way to assess the patch. Mileage may vary.
    Sunwell filler patch was better? Not a setback, again, indeed.. Dragon Soul? Lazer beam, green baby Jesus, let's make the dragons lose their power because reasons, etc. Alright. Garrosh? Uh... Well, at least Hellfire Citadel was awe- oh.. Well, Legion was great, we saw Sargeras for 10 seconds.

Final patches in the past usually have a new raid, a dungeon or two. Nothing really major. I guess 8.3 didn't really bring us anything else than that either (minus the dungeons! Trash patch!) If only a final patch would bring us a truly new gameplay feature.. When has that ever happened, though.. oh..
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Sunwell filler patch was better? Not a setback, again, indeed.. Dragon Soul? Lazer beam, green baby Jesus, let's make the dragons lose their power because reasons, etc. Alright. Garrosh? Uh... Well, at least Hellfire Citadel was awe- oh.. Well, Legion was great, we saw Sargeras for 10 seconds.

Final patches in the past usually have a new raid, a dungeon or two. Nothing really major. I guess 8.3 didn't really bring us anything else than that either (minus the dungeons! Trash patch!) If only a final patch would bring us a truly new gameplay feature.. When has that ever happened, though.. oh..
    Well, I did say it plunges below any other patch when I bring my opinion regarding lore developments into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The worst final patches would be a contender between Dragon Soul and Fury of Hellfire. Dragon Soul is arguably the laziest raid Blizzard has ever produced and a pretty big letdown to one of the biggest expansions to date. Fury of Hellfire on the other hand had a pretty decent raid and an all right zone with world content that was sorely missing from Warlords of Draenor, but because it was literally the only major content patch of the entire expansion it was way too little and way too late. 6.1 was such a bad joke of a patch that it doesn't really count.

I would say that Fury of Hellfire is worse, not because of it being actually worse than Dragon Soul on a content basis, but because within the historical context surrounding each patch. Cataclysm despite its major flaws had more content than WoD by a longshot. Its failures can be attributed to how overambitious the devs were with revamping the old world, leading to issues with the lacking end game in the later patches. WoD on the other hand was so badly executed that you could argue that it didn't even have a final major content patch and WoD didn't even have the excuse of needing to revamp tons of old content on the scale of Cataclysm. Can you truly call Fury of Hellfire a final content patch when there were no prior content patches besides the launch content? In my eyes, no. That is why I think WoD should be going down in history as the worst expansion WoW has ever had.

Plus, Dragon Soul introduced Transmog to the game, one of my favourite features from all the expansions. That certainly helped.

I also have a strong dislike for Fury of the Sunwell. Not so much about the gameplay, but because the story is one of my least favourite pieces of WoW writing to date. Honestly, I hate a lot of TBC's writing decisions now when I think about it.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2020-03-22 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    omg the crying never stops.

this is nowhere near the worst last patch ever. Stop being a fucking baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The worst final patches would be a contender between Dragon Soul and Fury of Hellfire. Dragon Soul is arguably the laziest raid Blizzard has ever produced and a pretty big letdown to one of the biggest expansions to date. Fury of Hellfire on the other hand had a pretty decent raid and an all right zone with world content that was sorely missing from Warlords of Draenor, but because it was literally the only major content patch of the entire expansion it was way too little and way too late. 6.1 was such a bad joke of a patch that it doesn't really count.

I would say that Fury of Hellfire is worse, not because of it being actually worse than Dragon Soul on a content basis, but because within the historical context surrounding each patch. Cataclysm despite its major flaws had more content than WoD by a longshot. Its failures can be attributed to how overambitious the devs were with revamping the old world, leading to issues with the lacking end game in the later patches. WoD on the other hand was so badly executed that you could argue that it didn't even have a final major content patch and WoD didn't even have the excuse of needing to revamp tons of old content on the scale of Cataclysm. Can you truly call Fury of Hellfire a final content patch when there were no prior content patches besides the launch content? In my eyes, no. That is why I think WoD should be going down in history as the worst expansion WoW has ever had.

Plus, Dragon Soul introduced Transmog to the game, one of my favourite features from all the expansions. That certainly helped.
    Yea DS was so shit because Raids were up in the air at that point, LFR had to succeed or all the future raids would probably be at that level, thank god it did.