Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Transmog added a ton of replayability to old content and is generally seen one of the best features added to the game.
    Also, the 5man dungeons weren't useless, they were catchup for players.
    But transmog didn't add replayability on the spot. I can only talk for myself, but I didn't grind out old instances back then, I mainly farmed one set of gear for like two or three weeks and was done.
    Also catchup mechanics are nice, but still, they don't carry a patch. I raided firelands just before it came out and had no reason to enter the dungeons besides the lore.
    8.3 came out January 14, I'm still doing my visions and assaults on my main.
    When 4.3 was 3 months old I didn't do anything related to the patch in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    mythic didn't exist then. Try harder.
    Actually it did exist then, it was just called Heroic, but Cata Heroic was the same as BFA Mythic. At the end of MoP they changed all the names so they didn't have to call the new difficulty Flex.

Heroic -> Mythic
    Normal -> Heroic
    Flex (Introduced in MoP) -> Normal

Nice try ignoring my reply and than picking the one 1 small thing that could be wrong in my post to reply to.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    But transmog didn't add replayability on the spot.
    ...but it did?
    Like, how much you got out of that system is up to you, i just ran each dungeon with a set just to have that set completed.

Also catchup mechanics are nice, but still, they don't carry a patch. I raided firelands just before it came out and had no reason to enter the dungeons besides the lore.
    8.3 came out January 14, I'm still doing my visions and assaults on my main.
    When 4.3 was 3 months old I didn't do anything related to the patch in the game.
    Anecdotal, i like visions but being forced to do them ~20 times in order to upgrade my cloak to max any character but my main won't happen, ignoring that i have to do Assaults in order to enter them in the first place.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2020-03-23 at 12:18 AM.

Lol, alright mate...

DS wasn't that bad... that's some serious rose-tinted glasses.

Whilst HFC was a good raid, 6.2 was smoking hot garbage.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    ...but it did?
    Like, how much you got out of that system is up to you, i just ran each dungeon with a set just to have that set completed.

Anecdotal, i like visions but being forced to do them ~20 times in order to upgrade my cloak to max any character but my main won't happen, ignoring that i have to do Assaults in order to enter them in the first place.
    Yes, you could grind out every single dungeon to get every piece of gear, but you could also use the Selfie Cam to the same extent. That's pretty much a knockout argument against any patch without a long-lasting gameplay mechanic.
    If we're counting stuff like this as infinite replayability then even the Selfie Patch had more replayablity than some expansion releases.

Yes, you could grind out every single dungeon to get every piece of gear, but you could also use the Selfie Cam to the same extent. That's pretty much a knockout argument against any patch without a long-lasting gameplay mechanic.
    Comparing visual progression with the selfie cam.

...yeah, that's going nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Cata's End Patch... I can't tell you how damn bad that time in the game was

The ONLY thing you had was the new 'transmog' released and it was just hot garbage otherwise

The game was unbalanced, pve was hot fucken garbage (LFR was one of the worst things that blizz ever did to WoW), and it LITERALLY WENT ON FOR FLIPPIN AGES - I remember the patch being so long that devs AT BLIZZARD actually died during that time period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post
    Is this the worst final patch of all time? 3.3, 5.4 and 7.3 were so much better it's not even funny.

Even Dragon Soul wasn't this bad, nor was Hellfire. At least their raids were amazing.
    man thats a big 0/10 effort bait. no one in their right mind enjoyed dragon soul for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    mop is in most peoples top 3 expansions lol,for some its even a top 2
    No, most people hate MoP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    What exactly is so spectacular about Mechagon to you that it's so amazing compared to the rest?

It's a fucking tiny zone with 3 rotating world quests, a few boring daily slogs per day, and a bunch of rare spawns.
    This is amazing to you? Why are people so in love with camping rares for low drop-rate pets or mounts?
    Tons of craftable devices, anti gravity backpack which as goddamn cool, custimizable trinket, mecha theme. Yes I fucking love that design of rares mechagon had, never camped any, still got meta achievement, and THE best mount in a game.

Mecha enemies that had cool skills instead of big smash shit we've had before. And the best dungeon in a game.
    Holy shit I had more fun in mechagon doing meta-achievement and in dungeon doing hertz locker than probably all the zones of wow combined.

Last boss on mechagon in hardmode was better than any other dungeon boss by so much it looks like a pure diamond sitting on a tons of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Edited the post because BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA.

100% troll detected. You *MUST* be trolling, there's no way. This *patch* sucks ass, probably the worst final patch (besides visions), but to say Dragon Soul was "amazing" means you're either trolling or never did it. DS is a bug-riddled, reused-asset, MESS. That raid was ABYSMAL.

Did you also forget the Annual Pass where Blizz locked people into paying for that garbage for a year to get Diablo 3 (one of the worst games ever at launch) for free? Good lord man.

Cata was a great expansion that was hardcore carried by its launch and just kept getting worse with each patch. I will agree that, *overall*, it was definitely better than MoP and WoD (and obviously BfA), but Dragon Soul is one of, if not, *the* worst raid in the game. It had ONE good boss (Yor'sahj) and seven trash bosses that were buggy, stupid, or just flat out boring as hell.

DS wasnt all that buggy as I recall.
    Assets were all 100% recycled, yea, but a lot of the mechanics were pretty fun imo.

And as someone who bought the charger, 100% was not upset. D3 was good. I chalk up all the complaints to people wishing it were just D2.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Tons of craftable devices, anti gravity backpack which as goddamn cool, custimizable trinket, mecha theme. Yes I fucking love that design of rares mechagon had, never camped any, still got meta achievement, and THE best mount in a game.

Mecha enemies that had cool skills instead of big smash shit we've had before. And the best dungeon in a game.
    Holy shit I had more fun in mechagon doing meta-achievement and in dungeon doing hertz locker than probably all the zones of wow combined.

Last boss on mechagon in hardmode was better than any other dungeon boss by so much it looks like a pure diamond sitting on a tons of crap.
    Which mount are you talking about? Sounds like you mostly had fun in the dungeon, which is fair, as it's a good one. But my experience was different, I came in late in 8.3 and mostly just did the braindead dailies and main WQ and opening quest-line and now I'm nearly exalted, and I don't feel like anything there really stimulated me. Maybe it was better when the content was current.

No.
    I am not a simpleton with a fickle memory, I remember Dragon Soul and 6.2 just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Which mount are you talking about? Sounds like you mostly had fun in the dungeon, which is fair, as it's a good one. But my experience was different, I came in late in 8.3 and mostly just did the braindead dailies and main WQ and opening quest-line and now I'm nearly exalted, and I don't feel like anything there really stimulated me. Maybe it was better when the content was current.
    monocycle, and no, both zone and dungeon. Literally the best zone ever created and best dungeon ever created by large margin. No other zone and no other dungeon can ever hope to begin to imagine being even remotely as good as mechagon.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Cata's End Patch... I can't tell you how damn bad that time in the game was

The ONLY thing you had was the new 'transmog' released and it was just hot garbage otherwise

The game was unbalanced, pve was hot fucken garbage (LFR was one of the worst things that blizz ever did to WoW), and it LITERALLY WENT ON FOR FLIPPIN AGES - I remember the patch being so long that devs AT BLIZZARD actually died during that time period.
    Completely forgetting the fact that if we didn't get LFR the raiding department would've kept getting slashed like it did all through Cata and we never would've gotten large, encompassing raids again. Likely we'd keep getting ToC type things over and over.

Also forgetting that Wrath's, MoP's, and WoD had longer lasting last tiers than Cata.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2020-03-23 at 04:37 AM.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many bad takes on this thread. It's no wonder the game is in such a sad state these days.

Nah 8.3 is decent actually after the recent changes. Horrific visions were fun but not rewarding, now they offer a great alternative gearing option. Alts are actually worth playing with the essence change. The raid is a mid tier raid....not great but not terrible either. The M+ affix is the best one they've done. The only thing really shitty is the assault zones. A lot of backwards thinking and rushed decision making there. No shared tags on objects, back to oudated daily quest system, rares not popping up nearly enough, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    odd mentality people have today compared to then,the catchup was seen as a pretty bad thing by pretty much every endgame guild,people felt almost robbed of all their hard work in bt when those huge catchups came in 2.4,also how was sunwell ''HUGE''?it was one of the smallest endraids ever,ds proly being the worst,and how did the island full of dailies bring the community closer in ways that taanan,mop island or argus didnt?
    Servers were working together to be the first to get to the new stage. At least my server did and I knew of several others.

And again, Sunwell Plateau being a small raid is quite a claim when maybe 1/100 players set a foot in there.

The catch up was seen as bad but came at a time when it made sense, not like in later expansions where every content patch introduced some kind of catch up and made previous content obsolete. In TBC it came in the last patch as it should be.

I stand by my statement that 2.4 was a really good final patch, great for that time - falls flat compared to massive patches years later but even compared to WotLK patches 2.4 was really good.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2020-03-23 at 09:20 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Firelands was great. Dragon Soul wasn't. At least it wasn't enjoyable for me back then when I was in a top 20 guild.

BFA is miles ahead of cataclysm in terms of content. Lmao, people forced Blizzard to nerf dungeons in Cata. Too hard, they said. Memories.

All personal opinions though. You might think Cata > BFA. Doesn't mean that it was.
    The problem with Cata's hard heroic 5-mans was that they were where you had to go to get geared up to raid. Thus you had a lot of people who weren't super-serious, and who were used to late LK's largely very easy heroics, having to do them.

On top of that, many of the people who should've known better played like they could muscle through them rather than use CC, and then blamed the healers and tanks (assuming they weren't the tank) for their failures. At the same time healers had been hit pretty hard with the nerf-bat, and unlike in LK (especially late LK) where a healer could instantly fix anything that didn't kill you outright, in Cata they just couldn't do that, and people standing in stuff meant they died, either shortly afterwards or down the track when the healer OOMed.

Some of the fights were DPS checks because of healers' mana limits, and I found that PuG/LFG DPS really didn't like being told "DPS more and stand in fire less", and often the supposedly better players (progressed guilds, etc.) took it the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Plus, Dragon Soul introduced Transmog to the game, one of my favourite features from all the expansions. That certainly helped.
    The Season 11 Paladin PvP set remains my favourite armour set ever:

https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set...s-scaled-armor
    I also have a strong dislike for Fury of the Sunwell. Not so much about the gameplay, but because the story is one of my least favourite pieces of WoW writing to date. Honestly, I hate a lot of TBC's writing decisions now when I think about it.
    Most of what I liked about BC is probably largely because it felt fresh and new at the time. Flight! Amazingly colourful armour sets and zones with awesome architecture. Oh, and while WCIII lore nerds love to hate on the Draenei lore retcon, I loved the Draenei lore. That said, the way you finish the Draenei start zones, get the tabard and cool ceremony and are then told to go out and find a way back to Draenor so you can tell those still there that a new home has been found... and then nothing... that sucked. Just a mention when your Draenei finally made it to Shattrath would've been nice, but there was nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    The problem with Cata's hard heroic 5-mans was that they were where you had to go to get geared up to raid. Thus you had a lot of people who weren't super-serious, and who were used to late LK's largely very easy heroics, having to do them.

*snip*
    For me the Cataclysm heroics (~ 4 weeks after Cataclysm launch) were the most fun time I've had in WoW... ever? Don't know, it was incredibly enjoyable for me and I played a healer (first Priest with Chakras and then Paladin). I just loved it, was a great time. Players had to adapt but they refused to and due to that they demolished Cataclysm... unfortunately.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    The last patch of WotLK was far worse. Ruby Sanctum was a joke. The N'zoth Assaults remind me a lot of Isle of Quel'danas, though I like Ny'alotha better than Sunwell. Horrific Visions are fun, though I'm getting a little burned out on dailies (I'm also at Cloak 15, so I'm looking forward to not having to farm as many vessels in a week). I don't recall many final patches introducing a new system like Horrific Visions, so I feel like this patch had more in it than most others.
    I remember Ruby Sanctum being put forward as an opportunity for people to fill gear slots by having a loot list that would fill any gaps in ICCs. Then I saw the loot list for plate wearers, and it was all ArmPen all the time - not something that was lacking in ICC. That meant that all it did was push (Fury) Warriors even further in front of Ret Pallies and DKs. As far as I was concerned it was a crappy raid with no loot in it.