Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its rather hilarious to me that some people think some small epilogue patch for the next expansion counts the same as a major patch that concludes the actual expansion. Good thing most people are smart enough to know that the thread is about major patches.

5.4 > 3.3 > 7.3 > 4.3 > 2.4 > 6.2 > 8.3

After reading numerous peer-reviewed studies on this topic, the rankings listed above are more than likely the correct way to rank the patches. 8.3 is a stinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinpachi View Post
    use some fucking imagination, you know exactly what im talking about.
    Except they resemble "squids/octopus" much more than they resemble elephants. That's like saying the draenei resemble stags, the worgen resemble St Bernard dogs, or the quilboar resemble guinea pigs.

That is, I'm assuming you're talking about the Faceless and K'thir.

Quote Originally Posted by Dungo View Post

After reading numerous peer-reviewed studies on this topic, the rankings listed above are more than likely the correct way to rank the patches. 8.3 is a stinker.
    That is not even remotely close to being correct.
    5.4 was far from great patch and 8.3 is far from being bad one.

More like 8.3 > 7.3 > 5.4 > 6.2
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2020-03-25 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is not even remotely close to being correct.
    5.4 was far from great patch and 8.3 is far from being bad one.

More like 8.3 > 7.3 > 5.4 > 6.2
    Why be such a contrarian? Fishing for replies?

Dragon soul was worse, but by a very slim margin. I'm honestly not mad about it though, after the dumpster fire the rest of this expansion has been I can't imagine what they could have done to make this patch good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Clickbait Mick View Post
    Dragon Soul was a better raid than Nya'lotha.

People have an irrational hateboner for Cataclysm, I swear. The expansion really wasn't that bad compared to WoD and BfA.
    i love revisionist history.

cant wait to see how many people hate (insert next thing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Except it wasn't just the selfie cam. Did you ever look at the patch notes? They added a lot in that patch, but people just fixated on the thing they hated. Hell, look at the voice chat patch from BC.
    they added a raid that was tested in WoD beta and ppl were wondering it wasn't launched at start, they added twitter integration, they added the new belf model that should been at launch too, they added heirloom tab that was supposed to be from launch, they added some stuff to garrison that this time i don't know if it was delayed from the rushed buggy launch or not
    So yeah the 'lot of stuff' is still mostly delays from older patch, the new stuff is still twitter, selfie, and some garrison additions
    It still doesn't change the fact that blizz own employees (yes blue posts) weren't even sure to call it patch 6.1 or not in first place either
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Hardly. It's maybe not the best end patch (as in last patch with major raid/story conclusion), but far from the worst either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's certainly the least interested I've ever been in a major patch. So, possibly? I haven't even bothered with the new raid yet, that's how little I care.

ironic coming from the OP of this thread

So when the majority of the thread doesn't agree with you you decide to straight up lie and use your opinion as fact? That's one of the saddest things I've seen on this site.

Pot calling the kettle black I see.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Nah, there's been worse.

I'm not saying this is worth playing, but there's been worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion but Legion was a very good expansion.
    How exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamais View Post
    I also love how people are all of sudden praising 7.3, while at the time, hell broke loose because of no flying.
    Not me, I specifically called it out for that, then and now. Argus was, for me, a sour note in an otherwise damned good expansion (relatively late flight was another sour note, and one that's being carried forward, dammit). Just as the endless daily and rep grind of early MoP was the sour note there (and no flying ever on Isle of Thunder). ToC, etc., in Lich King and the final mini-patch (Ruby Sanctum) were the low points for it. BC was all pretty good at the time, but hasn't aged well. Cata rates low because it had lots of issues at the start, and Dragon Soul at the end - Firelands being pretty good hadly makes up for the rest. WoD - good levelling, okay initial raids, good final raid, but nothing to do outside garrisons for far too long, made worse by lack of flight far way, way too long (I unsubbed over that, and only came back when they introduced flight). And then we come to BfA, with some decent levelling aside from the major power loss with levels (but it gets boring with repetition faster than Legion and WoD, not least because it's hard to shortcut), and good raids but just about everything else absolutely blows IMO (but Dragon Soul's patch is still the worst end of expansion patch ever, though not by much).

As for Visions being hard, I think that it's not as much the difficulty as that they are not optional (whereas Mage Tower was), and that a lot of the difficulty in Visions is pretty random stuff that just stacks and stacks with increasing difficulty. Most of the Mage Tower challenges were 'clean', with predictable bad stuff that you could learn the sequence of. The lack of option to avoid them is what made the hard heroics of early Cata such a deal-breaker - people who had previously done a bit of raiding, and a bit of this and that were blocked by the Heroics. Even in BC you could raid fairly casually with lower Kara being easier and needing less gear than the heroics originally did.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2020-03-26 at 12:54 PM.

4.3 brought you an 8 boss-raid that was more of a skipping from one encounter spot to the next. 3 trivial instances. The LFR, love it or hate it.
    No outdoor zones (people were still grinding those Molten Front dailies).
    No daily quests etc, only a short quest chain for 3 dungeons.

Love me some 8.3 so i disagree!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    How exactly?
    I hated legion so not sure why he likes it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Love me some 8.3 so i disagree!

- - - Updated - - -

I hated legion so not sure why he likes it.
    How can you like 8.3 when it's even worse than legion ever was?

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    How can you like 8.3 when it's even worse than legion ever was?
    Lol no... 8.3 is better than entire legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    4.3 brought you an 8 boss-raid that was more of a skipping from one encounter spot to the next. 3 trivial instances. The LFR, love it or hate it.
    No outdoor zones (people were still grinding those Molten Front dailies).
    No daily quests etc, only a short quest chain for 3 dungeons.
    Doesn't matter if there was no zones or daily quests, the raid alone is one of the best we've received. Dragon Soul knocks it out of the park, especially when compared to Ny'alotha.