Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    I agree with professions being useless and not really making money anymore. Also Mythic+ should have a fucking weekly cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I agree with professions being useless and not really making money anymore. Also Mythic+ should have a fucking weekly cap.
    Not useless more like "too competitive or crowded". So far I've made 6.5 million gold this year with bfa inscription/leatherworking/engineering and cooking. Even with buying mats for cheap on the weekend the profit margins are razor thin and somewhat discouraging. They add up though, especially if you re-list often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Like I said all the gold I currently have was made in the early days of Firelands 2 man Trash mob farming for epics that we sold for 20-50k each and split down the middle. so yes I still pay the $15.00/ month to play if I play.
    I remember that, fun times
    Here is something to believe in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Stage 1. WoD and Legion Garrisons / Halls create stupendous gold inflation that will never be drained from the economy.
    Stage 2. M+ provides an infinite, repeatable source of gear hence unbundling boosting from weekly lockouts.
    Stage 3. Blizzard adjusts prices on repairs and "luxuries" such as reputation mounts and pets to be exorbitant to drain the excess gold from the economy.
    Stage 4. The elites don't give a fuck about price adjustments. They just step up their infinitely repeatable boosting game and drain the gold from the proletariat to pay for 5 mil brutosaurs and 300k frogs.
    Stage 5. In effect, the Garrison / Hall bourgeois become poor again because all of their gold has been drained by elite boosters to pay for gear, exclusive mounts, achievements and whatnot. The elite remain as rich as ever.

There's no "middle class" in this game anymore. Either you are an elite booster in the Gallywix community with an endless supply of gold and can afford everything in the game without batting an eyelash, or you are one of the destitute poor struggling to pay for consumables. Since Blizzard obliterated traditional ways of goldmaking such as professions, the entire economy looks like this:

The poor or the "whales" buy gold with tokens to pay for gear and exclusive content -> the elite boosters extract the gold from the poor -> the elite buy tokens with gold. In essence, the elite are exploiting the proletariat for free game time.
    Tbh inflation goes pretty hard on tokens and corruption boe gear. Gold is no more thing unless you got piles of piles of gold piles to buy some gear with crazy affix to be valuable for a few months ? xD Yeah thats just crazy and dumb. Isnt WoW became in some way P2W ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Stage 5. In effect, the Garrison / Hall bourgeois become poor again because all of their gold has been drained by elite boosters to pay for gear, exclusive mounts, achievements and whatnot. The elite remain as rich as ever.
    Hey! they offered us free housing and a class social space! So... stop complaining you COMMUNIST! DIRTY RED SCUM! HIT THEM IN THE TEETH WHERE IT HURTS! KILL! KILL! FILTHY BASTARD COMMIES! i HATE'EM I HATE'EM! AAAAARGH! AAAAARGH! https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2howud

One interesting thing is even though the money levels are spreading apart there is less and less reason to use money for anything. Basically it is just for mounts and things like that and there are SOOO MANY mounts its hard to be gotta catch them all any more. Hard go get excited for yet another ground mount you won't use until the next expansion if then.

WOW was hyperinflated prior to MOP, hence blizzard introduced BMAH, items and high level epic gear for 90's could go all the way to the 999999 gold cap, many did on day 1 of MOP

gold inflation,,,is questionable, since gold buying has been a thing since day one of WOW

in BFA you can still buy gold for cash thru private sellers and blizzard, so saying it's blizzards fault is cheap excuse.

Classic WOW, there are players now on EU and US with 150K++ gold, no tokens yet for those regions...yet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    One interesting thing is even though the money levels are spreading apart there is less and less reason to use money for anything. Basically it is just for mounts and things like that and there are SOOO MANY mounts its hard to be gotta catch them all any more. Hard go get excited for yet another ground mount you won't use until the next expansion if then.
    one expac like 140 mounts in BFA and it's not over, more store mounts could still be incoming...like raise money to fight the coronavirus, ventilators, PPE, etc. mount. canceled blizzcon mount will be in store, not a new idea, at start of BFA, despite denial... blizzcon mount was moved into the store. based on blizzards hyperinflation what's coming in SL 250-300 mounts?

last year my drive for mounts ended, after 11 years of farming headless horseman mount. i remembered back to WOTLK and realized with systems removed from 2008 chances, methods, and opportunities are not the same as they were in WOTLK. players talking they have two accounts, boosting players to 110+ so they have 40 to 100 daily chances at the mount. i quit cycling the daily 7 days into it. this year i didn't cycle any 110+ player for mount attempts during love is in the air event. i also quit all older mount farm content, it was not a issue of burn out. still playing

in WOTLK a 5 man group, each player in the group had a daily summons, on my server back then, some players sold their daily HH summons for around 250-500g. players loaded with gold to waste, did fresh groups, made themselves master looter and could do as many as they could afford per day

i don't blame blizzard though either, there were players who were group leaders would switch to ML on drops and ninja along with other malicious behavior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyhtt View Post
    I wouldn't agree with you, look at someone like Taliesin(YouTuber) he is very far from an elite. His guild hasn't cleared Heroic yet and he is well on his way earning 5 million gold to get his mount with out carries or anything like that. Using mostly professions that you say are useless. Making gold takes a lot more work if you can't just carry someone for thousands, but it is still possible.

Sounds like excuses from someone who has no gold in game. For the record I started playing again less than a month ago. Started with 7k across my mage and Paladin, now i'm sitting comfortably at 340k, while putting very little effort into gold making and having few hours to play the game. If you don't have gold it is your fault.
    yeap talieson, earning his 5 mil thru herbing/alch professions for mount https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HiXv4YOso progress around 3:45
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-03-26 at 02:52 AM.

believe he does flasks more than potions

eh, Gallywix is shit. Probably the worst boosting community. There are much better. You can see day by day that gallywix are losing customers. Their advertisers report each other to try to get sales. Pretty hilarious

Everything OP said is nonsense considering this game literally creates gold out of thin air. You kill a mob, gold exists. That gold didn't get taken from another player, it was just created. Same goes for literally everything in this game that offers a reward, it can just be sold to a vendor and guess what? Again, that's just created gold out of nowhere.

Now if you want to talk hyperinflation, that's real to a point, but that is why all these extras are created; to remove that gold from the economy. While a good start, it doesn't go far enough because of the hyper inflation of value of grey items off mobs, of the gold dropped by mobs, of quest rewards offering more and more gold, and of stupid extras like a table that you click once and can get gold off of. All of those things need to get reigned in aggressively, have a few major gold sinks to really lower the gold amount floating around on some people, then keep that stuff in check. We now have world scaling "to keep the world always feeling dangerous" so it's time for our grey items dropped off random mobs to feel the same way.

Gonna be honest, OSRS has a good economy in comparison to WoW.

Classic wows economy is much easier to get into compared to retails.

Then again in those games professions are actually useful :P

I mean it is still possible to make gold from professions (Inscription comes to mind).

I find it weird that classic herbs are more expensive compared to retail herbs, i mean yeah it has alot to do with phasing on retail and shit and multiboxers.
    Last edited by George Costanza; 2020-03-26 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I got to 20m gold in Legion and stopped bothering. Why bother with more? Boosters have gold infinitely in excess of me but so what? I am phenomenally rich compared to some random Joe Casual and I always will be. People that put any effort into the game at all, insofar as boosting shitties through 10s is effort, are going to be much richer than me. It's how it is. You are wrong that there is no middle class in the game because I am that. Experienced but lazy/already established raiders that just don't do fuck all outside of raiding are fine. Raiding's expensive so you gotta have at least some basic idea of how to make gold with minimal effort and that's what I do. Again, boosting scrubs is the fastest, easiest and most reliable source of income there is and it will always be there. Literally any even mediocre players can get together and split the boost 4 ways. I am dead serious. You don't even have to be "not that good", you just have to not be absolutely painfully fucking awful at everything. That's it. That's the barrier of entry to selling boosts. Yeah sure 4 Firestander McGhees are going to not sell as many boosts as anyone actually competent because they're slow and shit but to these guys, getting 30k each from selling a shitty 10 they were going to slog through anyway is a princely sum.

These are the people you think are rich. It's ridiculous. Just do what they do or find some other lazy thing to grind enough to pay for repairs and materials like everyone else who raids. If you don't even raid then I don't know what you're worried about as big one-time purchases are easily saved up for through any means whatsoever and bought once and then never again.
    good for you, yes overe there, there's the exit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Lost all your credibility right there in the first sentence.
    Did I? One more thing, is it better now that the bot banwaves and court law killed a notable botting program?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    So you're proposing that the LFR-level players that have problems making gold start selling heroic/mythic+ carries?
    If they are lfr level players then do they actually need much gold anyway? But yeah, put some time in, improve, and you'll get there eventually.
    Hi

I rarely run boost runs and still have more gold than 95% of all boosting players.
    Sorry, but those who run the AH will always remain the top dogs.