Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You mean three elves that are sisters, and thus share the same gimmick theme? A whopping total of THREE ELVES?????

Clickbait title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    There are plenty more if you actually pay attention.

Jaina and Kael'thas.
    Edit: Jaina and the dragon Kalecgos (Eeew! sick!) disguised as an elf.

Shandris and that human rambo dude?

Lots of lesser important npcs.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    THE one and only reason to enter a lasting relationship.

What do elf males or human females get out of this?
    So far I've only seen the Three Sisters, Valeera trying to hook up Shaw, Shandris and that human guy, and then Modera and Aethas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Because promoting race mixing is a mandatory agenda these days and the game industry isn't exception. Check any advertisement or movie, there is always a mixed couple these days to pander to all consumer demographics
    not an agenda but I do want a white trad wife as a non-white (pinoy)
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's pivot away from discussing real-world racial and identity politics and instead focus on fictional relationships between species in literature or other media.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Just look at the player base. 95% of them would like to date an elf.
    Mother pus bucket!

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the bottom line is wish fulfilment. Elves are attractive, humans are writing the stories, humans are reading the stories.

Same reason there are lots of stories about humans and vampires in relationships.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    She's one of the two. Vereesa was less lucky with her pick.
    She had Rhonin. Oh i see, not so much for the immortal part lol

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Long ears make great handles, high compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    She had Rhonin. Oh i see, not so much for the immortal part lol
    I dont see the other two being immortilised as statue in a city.

1 :0 for Rhonin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think the bottom line is wish fulfilment. Elves are attractive, humans are writing the stories, humans are reading the stories.

Same reason there are lots of stories about humans and vampires in relationships.
    So next expansion we'll get venthyr x human relationships?

God no.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So next expansion we'll get venthyr x human relationships?

God no.
    Goldshire people will be crowing their ERP is canon when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Just look at the player base. 95% of them would like to date an elf.
    I mean, what's wrong with wanting to date a fantasy race that is basically made up of hot humans with pointy ears? I'm pretty sure anyone would find the idea at least appealing, gamer or not.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

what about human females dating night elf men. imagine a movie about it where all real human females fall for a cool legolas guy. blockbuster incoming.
    hit & run posting lol

The WoW lore specific explanation is pretty fucking simple.

Time+geographical proximity+looking alike.

Humans and Elves, specifically High Elves have been living in close geographical proximity for about 3000 years, during which there have been substantial political, military and cultural interaction to the point of sharing a religion etc. And humans and High Elves look sufficiently alike that they could be just really ethnic varieties of the same race.

Keep in mind that Dalaran always held a fairly large Elven presence too.

Furthermore these interactions and relationships are more prevalent on the upper ends of both societies, princes, mages, generals because the upper echelons of both societies were more likely to interact, study together, do political stuff, go on military campaigns etc. than a farmer from Silvermoon and farmer from Westfall.

The real life out of lore explanation. It's a literary trope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    what about human females dating night elf men. imagine a movie about it where all real human females fall for a cool legolas guy. blockbuster incoming.
    Yeah...Last time that happened in WoW the end result was the several hundred years old Kael'thas losing part of shit because a teenage Jaina ignored him. :P

Oh....So...Twilight.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I thought about all literature. I think even Shakespeare had that "dying of broken heart" somewhere. As for Tolkien, he likely invented that for the reason to avoid putting suicide in his story.

- - - Updated - - -

She either stands as Rhonin's loyal wife or she is Jaina's puppet, or Sylvanas' puppet. Now she sticked to Alleria and follows her.

- - - Updated - - -

The only difference is that Christianity prefers when Christian has intercourse for multiple times to have many children to teach of Christian ways.
    So she has a husband, a loyal best friend, and a complicated family. Why doesn't she again?
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

3+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see more Troll/Human couples, but that would probably cause some problem between the Alliance/Horde
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    So she has a husband, a loyal best friend, and a complicated family. Why doesn't she again?
    Unlike her sisters, she didn't dominate her husband and now she is totally dependent on children. Of course, good mother should focus her life on her kids but that's not what independent women do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I'd like to see more Troll/Human couples, but that would probably cause some problem between the Alliance/Horde
    Why not troll-orc first?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    Why not troll-orc first?
    me would like some tall zandalari woman

Because who wants to be in a relationship with the same person for over 10k years? Plus when you are 5k years old humans will think you still look hot while elves will smell your mana and know it has gone rancid.

As others pointed out, it's a fetish thing. But it's also mixed with a writer's ignorance. Elves in Warcraft were originally like elves in D&D where it takes a very, very long time to form a bond. So much so that human/elf relationships were RARE. Alleria/Tur thing as an example of how it used to be, Tur was even upset that she treated him coldly.

In Warcraft now, you have all these mixed relationships that just came out of nowhere. That's because the people writing the story(especially that woman who wrote about Sylvanas/Nathanos whatever her name is) don't know how elves work. They treat them like humans with pointy ears when they never were.

This is also a thing in Dungeons & Dragons where players who play "elves" are bad roleplayers and play them like humans.

It's a lack of quality, in other words. The lore in WoW has been far from amazing though recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    As others pointed out, it's a fetish thing. But it's also mixed with a writer's ignorance. Elves in Warcraft were originally like elves in D&D where it takes a very, very long time to form a bond. So much so that human/elf relationships were RARE. Alleria/Tur thing as an example of how it used to be, Tur was even upset that she treated him coldly.
    You realise that you just described a full 50% of the existing relationships to be an example of how it used to be?

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Because who wants to be in a relationship with the same person for over 10k years? Plus when you are 5k years old humans will think you still look hot while elves will smell your mana and know it has gone rancid.
    Someone has been watching Ishuzoku Reviewers i salute you good sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.