Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Have you seen the elves? All big-tittied goddesses. 10/10 would bang
    THE one and only reason to enter a lasting relationship.

What do elf males or human females get out of this?

Because promoting race mixing is a mandatory agenda these days and the game industry isn't exception. Check any advertisement or movie, there is always a mixed couple these days to pander to all consumer demographics

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Considering the divorce rate in RL...maybe the Elves are happy to have several shots at relationships

Also...since I am not the greatest at Lore...how many is "so many"?

- - - Updated - - -

There probably is an explanation what happened to Arwen when she gives up her (relative) immortality? Like..she then only lives as long as a human would from then on? (Also probably an explanation how you give it up )
    Aragon was from the Numenor line wich was blessed with longer life.

Some pairings just work, real life often sees white guys and asian girls together for instance. I'm guilty as charged, I'm asian and my husband is white.

I enjoy Human male + Elf female pairings in fiction, what do I get out of it? Girls generally like when our men/boyfriends are approved of by other women. We ask our friends what they think, we look for other women checking our guys out, it's just how we evolved, a guy that can get a girl that is beyond his "league" must have something going for him! And imagine if an elf girl likes a guy, he must have loads of things going for him!
    Generally the guys I know don't care nearly as much what their friends think, if they find their lady beautiful, well, everyone elses thoughts no longer matter!

As for the guy part I think that's simpler, elf women are hot. lol

well elves are always hot, like always hot. so i get why a human would go elf.

on the other hand OP yeah i think elves go through a "human phase" in their early 200s where they marry a human to piss off their father. since humans live significantly less time than an elf, it's over once they're in their 300s.

win win really
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You mean three elves that are sisters, and thus share the same gimmick theme? A whopping total of THREE ELVES?????

Clickbait title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    There are plenty more if you actually pay attention.

Jaina and Kael'thas.
    Edit: Jaina and the dragon Kalecgos (Eeew! sick!) disguised as an elf.

Shandris and that human rambo dude?

Lots of lesser important npcs.

So far I've only seen the Three Sisters, Valeera trying to hook up Shaw, Shandris and that human guy, and then Modera and Aethas

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Because promoting race mixing is a mandatory agenda these days and the game industry isn't exception. Check any advertisement or movie, there is always a mixed couple these days to pander to all consumer demographics
    not an agenda but I do want a white trad wife as a non-white (pinoy)
    Lightbound Orcs > High Elves https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ace-suggestion

Blizzard should realize that Alteraci Humans will fulfill the Young Adult Dystopia Anarchy fantasy for Warcraft

Let's pivot away from discussing real-world racial and identity politics and instead focus on fictional relationships between species in literature or other media.
    "Here lies a toppled god.
    His fall was not a small one.
    We did but build his pedestal,
    A narrow and a tall one."

Just look at the player base. 95% of them would like to date an elf.
    Mother pus bucket!

I think the bottom line is wish fulfilment. Elves are attractive, humans are writing the stories, humans are reading the stories.

Same reason there are lots of stories about humans and vampires in relationships.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    She's one of the two. Vereesa was less lucky with her pick.
    She had Rhonin. Oh i see, not so much for the immortal part lol

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Long ears make great handles, high compatibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    She had Rhonin. Oh i see, not so much for the immortal part lol
    I dont see the other two being immortilised as statue in a city.

1 :0 for Rhonin

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I think the bottom line is wish fulfilment. Elves are attractive, humans are writing the stories, humans are reading the stories.

Same reason there are lots of stories about humans and vampires in relationships.
    So next expansion we'll get venthyr x human relationships?

God no.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    So next expansion we'll get venthyr x human relationships?

God no.
    Goldshire people will be crowing their ERP is canon when that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Just look at the player base. 95% of them would like to date an elf.
    I mean, what's wrong with wanting to date a fantasy race that is basically made up of hot humans with pointy ears? I'm pretty sure anyone would find the idea at least appealing, gamer or not.
    How could I ever have loved someone so weak? Let us hope Arator did not inherit your cowardice.

what about human females dating night elf men. imagine a movie about it where all real human females fall for a cool legolas guy. blockbuster incoming.
    hit & run posting lol

The WoW lore specific explanation is pretty fucking simple.

Time+geographical proximity+looking alike.

Humans and Elves, specifically High Elves have been living in close geographical proximity for about 3000 years, during which there have been substantial political, military and cultural interaction to the point of sharing a religion etc. And humans and High Elves look sufficiently alike that they could be just really ethnic varieties of the same race.

Keep in mind that Dalaran always held a fairly large Elven presence too.

Furthermore these interactions and relationships are more prevalent on the upper ends of both societies, princes, mages, generals because the upper echelons of both societies were more likely to interact, study together, do political stuff, go on military campaigns etc. than a farmer from Silvermoon and farmer from Westfall.

The real life out of lore explanation. It's a literary trope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by namecraft View Post
    what about human females dating night elf men. imagine a movie about it where all real human females fall for a cool legolas guy. blockbuster incoming.
    Yeah...Last time that happened in WoW the end result was the several hundred years old Kael'thas losing part of shit because a teenage Jaina ignored him. :P

Oh....So...Twilight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    It doesnt destroy the land to bury styrofoam 25 feet below the ground
    Today Obama once again kneeled at the altar of environmental naziism and hurt this once great country. He has now banned all drilling in the Atlantic Ocean

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I thought about all literature. I think even Shakespeare had that "dying of broken heart" somewhere. As for Tolkien, he likely invented that for the reason to avoid putting suicide in his story.

- - - Updated - - -

She either stands as Rhonin's loyal wife or she is Jaina's puppet, or Sylvanas' puppet. Now she sticked to Alleria and follows her.

- - - Updated - - -

The only difference is that Christianity prefers when Christian has intercourse for multiple times to have many children to teach of Christian ways.
    So she has a husband, a loyal best friend, and a complicated family. Why doesn't she again?

De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, Canada
    I'd like to see more Troll/Human couples, but that would probably cause some problem between the Alliance/Horde

Ahmanét, daughter of Bwonsamdi
    Bwonsamdi is my future husband <3

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    So she has a husband, a loyal best friend, and a complicated family. Why doesn't she again?
    Unlike her sisters, she didn't dominate her husband and now she is totally dependent on children. Of course, good mother should focus her life on her kids but that's not what independent women do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I'd like to see more Troll/Human couples, but that would probably cause some problem between the Alliance/Horde
    Why not troll-orc first?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.