Poll: How many alts?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

How many alts do you plan on levelling during 100% exp. month?

Curious to see whether or not people are planning on levelling alts or waiting till shadowlands with the level revamp. Personally, I'm planning to level four of my non-allied race chars (if I manage to get that far). Maybe level 1 or 2 allied races in shadowlands. Is anyone else planning on doing something similar?
    Last edited by rylaidarksorrow; 2020-03-24 at 05:04 AM.

First of all 100% exp is lie. It doesn't state "for killing mobs", so it should be +100% to ALL exp. But for me it's 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl before - 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl after. No difference at all.

Second thing - what do you need this alts for? BFA is the most alt-unfriendly xpack in Wow's history. Do you level them to collect dust in their slots? And, I guess, SL won't be any better.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-03-24 at 05:06 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    One at best. I already have all the classes I need at 120: Frost DK, Feral Druid, MM Hunter, Havok H and Ret Paladin.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Second thing - what do you need this alts for? BFA is the most alt-unfriendly xpack in Wow's history. Do you level them to collect dust in their slots? And, I guess, SL won't be any better.
    Well that's total bullshit. I touted Korrak's as the only decent way to lvl alts this expansion until I actually slapped on some heirlooms and realized it takes almost no time to go from 110 to 120 (don't even make it through one whole zone's worth of quests before hitting max). After that it's only a matter of hours to get them to a decent ilvl (420 ish). Even IF you could objectively prove that alts are harder/more time consuming to manage compared to all other expansions, the difference is negligible at best. The only issues I've heard are from people who just want a menagerie of mains running high end content and needing maxed out essences on all of their characters.

As for why? I used mine to farm up the transmog sets I liked from this expansion. And as always, having more alts improves mount farming and gold intake.

Oh, and to answer the OP's question: I'm thinking I resub in a couple weeks and maybe level one or two allied races.

Quote Originally Posted by rylaidarksorrow View Post
    Curious to see whether or not people are planning on levelling alts or waiting till shadowlands with the level revamp. Personally, I'm planning to level four of my non-allied race chars (if I manage to get that far). Maybe level 1 or 2 allied races in shadowlands. Is anyone else planning on doing something similar?
    I have all the allied races up to the point of heritage armor except mecha and vulpera so I will wait for the new experience in SL. I did try the new xp boost but I have too many other things to do since I just started gearing my tank.
    There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't..

Doing at least a couple "re-classings," where I free up a name with a deletion or using another connected server and then re-level a specific character as a different class. Already turned a voidelf rogue into a death knight to 120, now taking one of my paladins who has "been an elf in a human form" for years and just re-making him as a nightelf warrior since Blizz can't get their head out of the faction conflict enough to give the alliance any kind of elf paladin!

So yeah, at least two for me!

It'll be nice to get the Vulpera and Mechagnome heritage armor unlocked since those were released after Korrak's Revenge was no longer available.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    All of them. All I have left are 45 Dark Iron and 30 Zandalari, Kul Tiran, Vulpera, Mechagnome. I planned to do it in pre-patch, but I figured I may as well get it done now.

0 because there is nothing that could make me play retail again. If Shadowlands is magically somehow good, I'll just level alts up slower then.

Already knocked one out this evening, likely do my other 5 during the 30 days.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might do some Allied Race stuff just to 110 and I plan to level a 113 DK up to 120. Other than that not much and I'm not rushing honestly.

If I get some free time away from my EU Account I may resub my US Account and level Velf Warlock.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I'm not even subbed anymore and I'm waiting for SL. I got everything I want from BFA. I might be leveling alts to pass time, but I got better uses for my subscription atm. Also, if I wanted to pass time why would I reduce amount of time I can pass with some extra xp buff?

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all 100% exp is lie. It doesn't state "for killing mobs", so it should be +100% to ALL exp. But for me it's 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl before - 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl after. No difference at all.

'No difference at all' is straight-up bullshit, but I guess hyperbolic nonsense is to be expected from someone with 'WowIsDead' in their user name.

On topic I've worked on 2 so far. One of them is 120, 447 ilevel @7 hours 50 min played, and she has 8 essences across 2 specs (2 of them rank 3 thanks to the echoes).

I have a small number of old characters that I became less interested in as I created new ones, so I plan to level at least some of them in the next month.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-03-24 at 06:17 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Second thing - what do you need this alts for? BFA is the most alt-unfriendly xpack in Wow's history.
    Simply untrue.

None. I leveled like 6 or 7 during the anniversary battlegrounds that I'll never play. I won't do any more.

Since I'm being legally "laid off" and probably placed in quarantine or lockdown or whatever the hell you want to call it in a few days I plan on getting my last 3 Allied races to 110 because I have literally nothing else to do and this 100% buff lets me get through the northrend 60-80 slog in a few hours without the urge to rip my hair out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to level my highmountain dude but I got him from 39 to 45 and then remembered how much I hate leveling and I quit. Maybe I'll put some more time into it later but I don't know if I'll be able to summon the motivation.

Instead I got my second paladin from 118 to 120, which took three islands. That was a more manageable task.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

All of them.

Just to be able to go into Shadowlands, look at class/spec previews, realize that all of them still play like absolute dog shit and, this time around, quit instead of waiting 12 months for them to magically fix shit despite them never having done that in the past.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a whole realm with all alliance classes at max level, was thinking of doing that my original realm that I have some lvl 100~ horde chars on. Sick of being on a low pop realm and having to grind essences on on alts. Feel like my time is better served leveling horde chars in the event blizzard doesn't merge realms before Shadowlands.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Second thing - what do you need this alts for?
    To unlock heritage armor.