Poll: What do you think about Hoarders and Price gouging during National Emergencies?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Have you ever had stomach problems from drinking all that soda? I've had to try to get rid of my coke zero habit for a while because reflux disease runs in my family and I started showing symptoms and had to get a prescription for anti-acid medication.
    I have a lot of gut issues that I've talked about elsewhere, but it's all tied to my gluten intolerance; I get issues with bloating but I can count the number of times I've had acid reflux in my life on one hand, and those were generally viral stomach flu things.

He looks like he should have boughten 23 cases of V8 instead.

If it last long enough we all wish we where more selfish. But I just cant do it, I had decided to buy 4 packs of paracetamol but left the pharmacy with 2 + one none branded because there was only 4 boxes left at the cash register (of the good brand).

awe, they wear matching outfits!

what a cute McMerican couple
    Last edited by ohtlmtlm; 2020-03-24 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    I'm all for it. I did my buying a month ago because I knew this is what would happen once the panic set in here.

Buying stuff because a pandemic is happening isn't the same as I've been collecting random crap my entire life and my house is filled to the ceiling with it.
    and that makes it better how?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    So people that hold on to money are unhealthy because they have a disorder?

Your statement is inane.
    my statement is based on actually medical data unlike yours which is based on feelings and selfishness.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    my statement is based on actually medical data unlike yours which is based on feelings and selfishness.
    No, I literally used your definition of unhealthy and you now think your depiction of this incident is 'based on feelings and selfishness.' I agree with you.

Let people buy whatever.
    But stop them from selling it at a much higher prize.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoarders have a special place in hell waiting. I personally, have been bumped out of the way and almost knocked down ( 5ft 3 and a whooping 98lbs on a good day) because I was reaching for one of 3 last bags of rice, we literally had a fat guy...this guy was HUGE block us from getting any top ramen while he grabbed the last 3 cases. I've been pushed while walking...not running...walking to the tp aisle...just all kinds of bullshit. And the stores opening "only" for elderly in the mornings? It's a load of crap...good intentions..but a failure. Took my elderly neighbor this morning, waited for the door to open and then everyone bum rushed it like an old Black Friday opening. I bet at least of the people there were under 45 and one woman had her 2 teen girls there..they were quick....tried to grab like 10 bottles of rubbing alcohol, but the cashiers saw them and told them it was one per person...they were pissed. Only good thing that happened that trip was we found an apparently hidden 12 pack of toilet paper

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how overweight they seem, I'd say denying them Mountain Dew would be beneficial for their health. Should have bought Crab Juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Probably. But I can't stand green tea. And the caffeine content in black tea means I'd need to drink 4 cups, which is a lot of tea. Every option has negatives, really. Coffee would be better, and I do drink coffee, but it's a pretty small difference, overall. I tried using caffeine pills, but like I said, it's tough to get the right dosage and maintain it comfortably withing spikes and valleys.

The only real negative is that the drink's acidic, but it's no worse in that respect (better, actually) than if I were drinking orange juice. Coffee's fairly acidic too.
    Diet Soda gets a bad wrap. There's no real in vivo evidence that it fucks people up, aside for maybe its effect on teeth (but that's soda in general). Sugar is the real problem (unless you're controlling your calorie intake to a fine degree), and you're not ingesting it, so.

Who i'm I to decide what good for them or not ?

If they want to buy 23 case of whatever that is legally sold at the supermarket
    maybe they are a familly of 12 and this is going to last 4 days, who knows.
    Same with the fucking toilet paper, it's not our fucking business if they buy 10 packs of 48 rolls

Mind your own fucking business

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    23? I only see 6 large packs. I've seen people buy more drinks during normal times, I also don't classify pißwasser as a neccessity so I don't personally think this is a particularily egregious example. The video of the other bint that was dragging out 10+ packs of toilet paper is worse imho.
    They had a secondary/tertiary cart which got confiscated, and it not shown in the video.

in general hoarding is bad.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post

Same with the fucking toilet paper, it's not our fucking business if they buy 10 packs of 48 rolls

Lol mind your own business in a pandemic. This is why government has to consider putting military on the street because people go mad in fear and panic buy. Mind your own fear plz
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mountain Dew is horrible let alone wanting to buy out that much of it...

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm really pissed off at the CVS I normally go to for my prescriptions. I normally get a 12 pack of double roll Charmin for me & my boyfriend every 3-4 weeks because that's how long it usually lasts us. I'm down to 4 rolls so I've started the search for toilet paper since its scarce everywhere because of the idiots. The CVS had ONE 4 pack when I got my meds a few days ago but they wanted freakin $8 for the 4 pack. I was like "um no because that's about double when you normally charge for it". if I didn't have to go to my doctors and get new prescriptions to take somewhere else I would switch pharmacies and do no business with them again. I just won't buy anything other than my meds from there from now on though.
    If they didn't raise the price on it...it probably wouldn't still be there.

Guaranteed there is someone that wants that TP enough to pay 8 bucks for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm really pissed off at the CVS I normally go to for my prescriptions. I normally get a 12 pack of double roll Charmin for me & my boyfriend every 3-4 weeks because that's how long it usually lasts us. I'm down to 4 rolls so I've started the search for toilet paper since its scarce everywhere because of the idiots. The CVS had ONE 4 pack when I got my meds a few days ago but they wanted freakin $8 for the 4 pack. I was like "um no because that's about double when you normally charge for it". if I didn't have to go to my doctors and get new prescriptions to take somewhere else I would switch pharmacies and do no business with them again. I just won't buy anything other than my meds from there from now on though.
    Most states have anti-gauging laws, so you should report them if true. Especially California, I'd imagine.

That said, individual stores lack the ability to change prices like that and no stores in Florida changed their price, so are you sure it wasn't just put in the wrong spot or otherwise an error?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Sure, if we had infinite supplies and stock would magically re-appear whenever the shelves are empty.

In the real world though when you buy 10 packs of 48 rolls of TP...a bunch of other people don't get any TP at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    My sister is 7 months prengant and works as a nurse for the NHS. She's put both herself and her baby at risk over the last few weeks and hasn't been able to get basic essentials from the supermarket because everything is sold out. Anyone that buys more than they need at a time like this should be ashamed of themselves. Getting the police in is just ridculous though.

10+ Year Old Account

the business can legally deny them the sale if they choose. so it is actually the businesses business.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Sure, if we had infinite supplies and stock would magically re-appear whenever the shelves are empty.

In the real world though when you buy 10 packs of 48 rolls of TP...a bunch of other people don't get any TP at all...
    Problem is a lot of dumb people really think that is how it works. But at least TP doesn't rot away in a week. Some people go and buy like 600 pounds of beef every week. Like.. bro.. even freezing it will start to have diminishing returns pretty fast.