Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    - Has to online date

The biggest red flag of them all

Not sure about online dating, but a universal one i've seen trap a lot of people is getting tricked by unnatural behaviour. Chances are if the person you're talking to is intensely high energy and always seems happy as fuck, yet lives in filth and doesn't seem to have any out of the house activities that don't include you, then they're probably faking all of it.

People feel the need to put on this massive show, when in reality most people are just looking someone to relax with and chat to in confidence at the end of a work day. They don't want some beacon of energy that wants to bake cakes every day, go horse riding or whatever. Nope, they just want a human being they can talk to as a real human being, without putting on the act they put on all day at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    why is that a red flag? living in a small town makes it almost impossible to find someone if you don't do online dating...
    Because it tells a lot about your personality, you either:
    - got declined by everyone in the community you live in
    - live in delusion thinking more of yourself than you really are worth

or you're not interested in anyone in your town that's also single...
    And why is that? Because all the "top choices" picked someone else over you? which brings us back to:
    - live in delusion thinking more of yourself than you really are worth

that is some seriously bad logic... i live in a town with less than 10k people... very few people my age, even less who look the way i like... of those who do have the looks i like not everyone of them is interested in me... they have to be interested in me too... then your personalities have to match too...

why should i not use online dating? i should date people who aren't attractive or who are assholes or boring? or else i'm delusional? delusional for having standards?
    you are still proving his point though

the reason why you are still single is because you aim to high /shrug

else you would be in relationship long time ago.

dont get me wrong - its ok to be single. but dont bs yourself that its because of your own choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    they bring spare horseshoes with them.
    they look like this:

eats grass.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    That bullshit Marilyn Monroe quote about handling them at their worst and deserving them at their best.

I don't analyze a profile, I analyze the person.

Far more guys have turned out to be walking talking red flags than not though. My favourite was the guy demanding photos of my mom to see what he could expect if we grew old together.

Fuck that, I'll go the IRL route. You get straight into Incel territory these days with how picky some are (whilst often not expecting to meet requirements themselves).

Way too good looking to swipe left on me.

If somebody is too good looking and matches with me then it's a catfish, troll or scam.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    That bullshit Marilyn Monroe quote about handling them at their worst and deserving them at their best.
    That usually just means they are crazy. Or unreasonable. Or just overall difficult to get along with.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    hipster posing pictures in front of the mirror,
    ranting about politics,
    flesh tunneled earlobes,
    sprawling tatts,
    half nacked pictures,
    fake look, especially bad if you can already see the discount boobjob from eastern europe 4 sizes too big,
    naming traveling and vacation as their hobbies,
    something about documenting their food and/or going on about vegan/gluten free food,
    writing edgy/condescending stuff into their bio because they think they have it oh-so-hard in life,
    spiritual rubbish - a sea of red flags if they mention their fucking guru,
    their bio is a checklist for you to fullfil,
    annoying filters on pictures - we can talk about our animal ear fetishes at the second date,
    smoker or worse drug user,
    party girl,
    pregnant/already having children.
    Best list so far in the thread.
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Ya, I had a gf that loved that quote. She turned out to be a Klepto and did everything from steal money from my atm card, steal money from her work and family. Avoid any one with that excuse.

i'm not aiming too high... i'm not going to be with someone i don't even like... sounds more like people are pissed that women don't choose them and then try to attack women for not wanting to date them lol...
    why would people and in this case men be pissed ? when in reality time works only in their favour .

i see it around me on daily basis - 30+ women complaining that they cant find anyone "suitable" and "why are all the good guys taken "

its simple because men who are 30+ dont look for women who are >25 . why would they waste their time on pretencious princesses who are on verge of being past their "expiratiion date" ? when there are planety of younger and interested in them women to choose from
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2020-03-26 at 01:34 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    This is closed. As a reminder these sort of threads that focus on preferences aren't encouraged since they spiral as seen here.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."