Poll: How many alts?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    not so much 'planning on' as 'would like to' level 2. one that's currently 109 I've been leveling when I can't be bothered to do other stuff and a fresh dk mechagnome I'd like to get the heritage armor on. unfortunately the heirlooms are currently missing levels 110-120 on like 3 of them for the clothie and the dk's mostly max out at 90 most likely. not sure there are enough timewalkings in the next month to really put a dent in that doing just the 500 badge quest either, even with 19 toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It's just terribly designed. The fun part - doing challenging content to get gear - is over very very very quickly, as you noted. You get to 420 basically instantly. However, when you are at 420, then you need to start doing essences, and cloak upgrades, and weekly warfronts, etc. Because they made gear so easy to get, they needed to add in grinds to slow everyone down. It would be so so so so so much better if less gear dropped, the base content was harder, and all that other crap was gone.
    Which is why people enjoy Classic raiding, less upgrades, feels a lot more rewarding once they do drop. Now if only the Classic content was hard/challenging aswell, it would kill of retail all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Not sure, is this a serious question? Is a 100% xp bonus noticable? What do you think?

Fully heirloomed you have 55% bonus xp, so you have 155% bonus xp without temporary buffs. That means a quest that gives 10k xp gives 15.5kxp with heirlooms and 25.5k xp with the buff.

From 100 to 111 you don't level in dungeons but in (3-4) Legion invasions, including flight times that takes all in all less than one hour.

From 112 to 120 doing bfa dungeons only (without a booster) is not worth it, if you want to level via dungeons timewalking (which currently is up) or a low level friend who can party sync you in low level classic dungeons is your best bet and it will roughly take 15 dungeons, minus ~2 if you unlock your faction outposts (which you will need anyhow if you want to play it), and again minus two if you do one Motherload once the quest comes available at 115.
    So does the 100% bonus apply to all experience from kills as well? or is it just quests. I never did a Legion invasion do they randomly spawn on the map or how does that work? and if dungeons don't give exp what is the best non quest way to max level I despise quests.

Maybe one, just for the Lightforged heritage armor.

2... likely one and I just want the hight enough for heritage armor...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    First of all 100% exp is lie. It doesn't state "for killing mobs", so it should be +100% to ALL exp. But for me it's 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl before - 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl after. No difference at all.

Second thing - what do you need this alts for? BFA is the most alt-unfriendly xpack in Wow's history. Do you level them to collect dust in their slots? And, I guess, SL won't be any better.
    I have no idea where you get your data, but XP is doubled for killing mobs, pet battles, quest XP, nodes. I had been leveling alts before the change and after, and its just crazy how fast it is.

As for why the leveling, I always like leveling alts when current content is done, and this just expedites that process. For a lot of people, it's a much more attractive way to learn about a new class as well.

And as mentioned above, it's an easy way to get heritage armor unlocked. And now, you only need to get through Legion content to unlock them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    So does the 100% bonus apply to all experience from kills as well? or is it just quests. I never did a Legion invasion do they randomly spawn on the map or how does that work? and if dungeons don't give exp what is the best non quest way to max level I despise quests.
    See my post above, all things that give XP gets the buff.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    It's just like a mega heirloom and applies to everything.

Legion invasions (as well as their BFA counterpart Incursions) are on a fixed schedule (https://wow.gameinfo.io/legion-invasions).

The fastest way to level on your own in BfA is questing, starting with a BfA incursion (https://assaulttimer.com/) for the one hour 10% xp buff. Incursions alone are also a reasonable way to level, but mobs (even normal ones) are rather tough to kill and the quests only give limited xp (compared to legion invasions), even with the 100% buff you will have to do more than 10 incursions for 111-120. And in the end it's also just doing the same quests over and over again.

And as I already said also reasonably fast is leveling in timewalking dungeons as well as party synced quick low level dungeons.

The fastest way outside "regular means" is getting dungeon boosted, you will find enough offers in trade channel.

I have no idea how well leveling in battleground or PVP in general works.

In BFA? Zero. But, that's because I never liked BFA, and am hard into Classic since that launch. Now, if they were to add this XP boost to Classic? Holy cow - that would be amazing.

I'm only going to level my last 4 AR since my account is character capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It would be so so so so so much better if less gear dropped, the base content was harder, and all that other crap was gone.
    That probably won't please the people who don't want harder base content.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Which is why people enjoy Classic raiding, less upgrades, feels a lot more rewarding once they do drop. Now if only the Classic content was hard/challenging aswell, it would kill of retail all together.
    HA

Or were you joking?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gank Sinatra View Post
    Already knocked one out this evening, likely do my other 5 during the 30 days.
    Damn in one day ? How?

I mean I'm getting 1-2 levels a dungeon 20 minutes or so per run.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    ALL OF THEM!!! /Caffeine

Aready leveled all on Korrak.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post

HA

Or were you joking?
    Not at all. It's a reason Classic draw such a huge crowd, it's actually rewarding to play. While retail you just churn through tons of epics that hold zero value. However, the content is way too easy for a lot of people, so they lose interest fast. If it was challenging, it would keep the audience for longer periods.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Zero, Actually I'm planning to stop playing for the first time in 15 years.

I just loved Legion character gameplay and BfA changes to that has been very unpleasant to say the least, if shadowlands stays same as BfA i'm throwing the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Damn in one day ? How?

I mean I'm getting 1-2 levels a dungeon 20 minutes or so per run.
    Doesn't really seem possible to do one toon in a day tbh, atleast not from 1-120. Done some dungeon spamming, and it seems to be about 1-1.5 lvls per dungeon for me. And they take around 30 minutes, depending on group (guess this could go faster with a premade).

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I take it you're new to WoW? Maybe just a whiner with a short memory span?
    Sorry but from wrath to wod you could just cap go into dungeons then get to raiding. In wrath I had 11 toons that full cleared icc 25. 6 on heroic.

It took me 3-4 hours at 80 to be raid ready.

Now I'm not even raid ready on my main when a patch hit despite being full bis heroic from ep.

They want your item level higher than what a key or raid actually has because we have scaling level leggos. It's beyond retarded

The 100%+ buff started when I was finishing the leveling of my Mechagnome, which was my 49th character. My Vulpera (50th character) was at level 65 when it was added, so now I'm finishing that one. Won't be leveling any more after my Vulpera, for obvious reasons

Quote Originally Posted by rylaidarksorrow View Post
    Curious to see whether or not people are planning on levelling alts or waiting till shadowlands with the level revamp. Personally, I'm planning to level four of my non-allied race chars (if I manage to get that far). Maybe level 1 or 2 allied races in shadowlands. Is anyone else planning on doing something similar?
    I was considering to return to WoW and just level an alt or two, but tbh I can't tell if I am actually gonna level any to max level.

5+ easily, I want all heritage armors unlocked.