Poll: How many alts?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Simply untrue.
    As someone who has leveled double-digit numbers of alts each expack.. I can assure that WowIsDead is not wrong. BfA has been, by no small measure, THE most alt unfriendly expand to exist. Not Cata, Not MoP... BfA!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Doesn't really seem possible to do one toon in a day tbh, atleast not from 1-120. Done some dungeon spamming, and it seems to be about 1-1.5 lvls per dungeon for me. And they take around 30 minutes, depending on group (guess this could go faster with a premade).
    It would also go faster if you are a tank.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    As someone who has leveled double-digit numbers of alts each expack.. I can assure that WowIsDead is not wrong. BfA has been, by no small measure, THE most alt unfriendly expand to exist. Not Cata, Not MoP... BfA!

- - - Updated - - -

It would also go faster if you are a tank.
    interesting, considering you needed reps for things like shoulder enchants.
    Guess you got carried, but nothing stops you from getting carried now

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a blood elf hunter, a nightborne warrior and a dark iron dwarf warrior I want to mess withi.
    Putin khuliyo

The only class I don't have at 120 right now is a DK, I may or may not level one. Might wait for Shadowlands, just never bother.

Last time I played DK was when you could tank as Frost, so I kind of want to try it again, but leveling is so damn boring I still don't think I'll bother. Might just buy the boost instead, or might just not ever play that class. It does look fun, but I also don't really know how fun it really is haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    interesting, considering you needed reps for things like shoulder enchants.
    Guess you got carried, but nothing stops you from getting carried now
    I don't get carried. I do carrying. Or, you know.. put in the rep work. Which, in cata wasn't hard at all cause most of the rep you got while clearing the zones leveling. MoP wasn't that bad either (bonus rep to all toons after revered). What did BfA give us? Each patch, add more shit behind more reps, that all have to be done almost sequentially, while being statistically weaker and weaker with each alt.

It's not even close.

I don't get carried. I do carrying. Or, you know.. put in the rep work. Which, in cata wasn't hard at all cause most of the rep you got while clearing the zones leveling. MoP wasn't that bad either (bonus rep to all toons after revered). What did BfA give us? Each patch, add more shit behind more reps, that all have to be done almost sequentially, while being statistically weaker and weaker with each alt.

It's not even close.
    You don't get the rep to shoulder enchant from just leveling, nice try though. Def not in cata.

7+ Year Old Account
    100% exp doesnt make the journey any better, so 0.

That and im capped on my main account with chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Sorry but from wrath to wod you could just cap go into dungeons then get to raiding. In wrath I had 11 toons that full cleared icc 25. 6 on heroic.

It took me 3-4 hours at 80 to be raid ready.

Now I'm not even raid ready on my main when a patch hit despite being full bis heroic from ep.

They want your item level higher than what a key or raid actually has because we have scaling level leggos. It's beyond retarded
    Yes, this right here. Wrath was perfect IMO as far as gearing and leveling speed.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    First of all 100% exp is lie. It doesn't state "for killing mobs", so it should be +100% to ALL exp. But for me it's 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl before - 1 level for 1 timewalk 5ppl after. No difference at all.

Second thing - what do you need this alts for? BFA is the most alt-unfriendly xpack in Wow's history. Do you level them to collect dust in their slots? And, I guess, SL won't be any better.
    Wrong. I did a timewalking last week on my 110 DK in full exp gear. I was only getting 250k for completion. After the change I was getting 650k for the completion quest, 700k+ if using the 10% exp potion.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Leveled my DK now, Vulpera until 110 for the heritage, then changed it to Void Elf. Going to be my main in Shadowlands if they don't mess up the class with the changes then.

Next will be a Zandalari Druid for Heritage then Highmountain Warrior or Paladin for Heritage. Not sure if it's gonna be both, but the Zandalari at least.
    Highmountain Tauren can't be paladins though

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Damn in one day ? How?

I mean I'm getting 1-2 levels a dungeon 20 minutes or so per run.
    Being able to skip the first 38-58 levels as a Death Knight really helps

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Not sure, is this a serious question? Is a 100% xp bonus noticable? What do you think?

Fully heirloomed you have 55% bonus xp, so you have 155% bonus xp without temporary buffs. That means a quest that gives 10k xp gives 15.5kxp with heirlooms and 25.5k xp with the buff.

From 100 to 111 you don't level in dungeons but in (3-4) Legion invasions, including flight times that takes all in all less than one hour.

From 112 to 120 doing bfa dungeons only (without a booster) is not worth it, if you want to level via dungeons timewalking (which currently is up) or a low level friend who can party sync you in low level classic dungeons is your best bet and it will roughly take 15 dungeons, minus ~2 if you unlock your faction outposts (which you will need anyhow if you want to play it), and again minus two if you do one Motherload once the quest comes available at 115.
    I was easily getting a level per timewalking dungeon. I stopped at 118 to open faction posts which got me to 120.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    You don't get the rep to shoulder enchant from just leveling, nice try though. Def not in cata.
    reading comprehension: 0/10

I said "most of the rep" you need, you get from clearing the zones while leveling. It was quite common to hit revered if you completed the questlines in the zone. Especially Deepholm.

0. Korrak's Revenge already took care of that

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Highmountain Tauren can't be paladins though
    Oh, haven't thought about that lol. Warrior it is haha!

Only alt I'm missing is a mechagnome that I had semi abandoned at level 80. I got it to level 100 in a couple of hours yesterday and I may end up leaving it at level 110 as I mostly just want to unlock the heritage armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I did about 30 chars during korrak so there's no real reason to level anything at the moment outside of vulpera and mechagnomes but i have negative interest in these races.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxina View Post
    Not at all. It's a reason Classic draw such a huge crowd, it's actually rewarding to play. While retail you just churn through tons of epics that hold zero value. However, the content is way too easy for a lot of people, so they lose interest fast. If it was challenging, it would keep the audience for longer periods.
    I play classic because I like low power starter modes. The example I usually give is the difference between playing Borderlands 3 on Normal Vault Hunter Mode and playing on Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode. As for gear I don't really care about gear, no gear has any value for me it doesn't matter if it took me a year to get a drop or if it was in my mailbox when I logged in. For challenge, my crusade is keeping challenging content off in its own corner somewhere lol. But it's not that the challenge bothers me, it's the time consumption that comes with the challenge. (In retail) I like to get my tasks done quickly because I am nearing 50 120s and I'll have to do whatever tasks it is 50 times. So when people say they want the game to be more challenging baseline I hear "we want the game to take longer baseline".

Took me a bit to find that, I didn't want to reference it without a source. I doubt Blizz would ever increase the difficulty of the game baseline because players would rather quit than rise to the challenge of a task. You might say "good, let them quit" but you need those players. You need them to farm herbs to put on the AH, you need them playing their lowbie alts so your dungeon Q's on your alts aren't 40 hours, or maybe YOU don't need them but your guilds Main tank does or maybe his wife does and without them they would quit and that would affect you.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-03-24 at 08:09 PM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

And what about TBC? Doesnt count all of the sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    There’s a simple solution to that - for every grind, have a challenging but fast way of bypassing it or getting it passively, then the easy slow way for the carebeqrs.
    lol I saw your post right after I made my post above. I'm not a big fan of slow but that depends on how much time you are talking between the two.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It's just terribly designed. The fun part - doing challenging content to get gear - is over very very very quickly, as you noted. You get to 420 basically instantly. However, when you are at 420, then you need to start doing essences, and cloak upgrades, and weekly warfronts, etc. Because they made gear so easy to get, they needed to add in grinds to slow everyone down. It would be so so so so so much better if less gear dropped, the base content was harder, and all that other crap was gone.
    I feel like that's just a matter of people expecting too much from alts. You don't need essences, you don't need cloak upgrades (I only take my alts to 5 since it only requires boss runs). The scaling ilvl WQs and weekly invasion world boss get you up to the 440's pretty quickly. I'd call that pretty alt friendly. Small amount of time to get new characters to a decent baseline status, and a reasonable expectation that you need to spend more time to get them closer to main status. I feel comfortable doing most content on my alts at this point, but I wouldn't expect them to be pushing M+ keys or heroic/mythic raiding or high rated arenas without more time spent preparing them (or getting carried). The essence change should at least help with some of your complaints, though.