Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Budong View Post
    Last time we got heritage armor for not allied races was Goblin and Worgen. Considering how those looked I'm not sure if I'm that excited for new ones. Goblin was ok but the Worgen...yikes.
    Well, Goblin and Worgen I don't really feel have a whole lot of inspiration to draw from. That said, the worgen heritage armor's gold trim really should've been a bit less saturated- holy shit.

    Night Elves and Darkspear Trolls are, presumably, in a better spot, with hero units and all, to reference, from WC3. Just like Dwarf armor was Mountain King based and Blood Elf armor was Spellbreaker based.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Priestess of the Moon is also a fine inspiration, as it's a hero unit like the Warden. Which is better than the idea of giving people a dime a dozen night elf footsoldier transmog for their heritage.

    That said, any person who doesn't know what wardens are doesn't really get to have an opinion on what should be night elf heritage armor anyway, considering it means they quite clearly know no night elf lore, so I don't see why some people not being aware of wardens is some kind of argument.
    The Blood Elves got Spellbreaker armor, which every guard in Silvermoon wears. So I wouldn't be surprised if Night Elves got a variant of the Sentinel armor. I just hope nothing too Druidic.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    The Blood Elves got Spellbreaker armor, which every guard in Silvermoon wears. So I wouldn't be surprised if Night Elves got a variant of the Sentinel armor. I just hope nothing too Druidic.
    I get your point about the guards, but Spellbreakers are still something more than just the common soldier. Sentinels are more or less footsoldiers. At least we can agree to something less druidic considering the (relative) oversaturation of that thematic.

  4. #64
    It would be really nice for them to drip feed a few sets during the wait for Shadowlands but I think we're waiting until the next expansion to see new sets. =/
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    It would be really nice for them to drip feed a few sets during the wait for Shadowlands but I think we're waiting until the next expansion to see new sets. =/
    Considering there will be no major patch before 9.0 (pre-patch but also the patch with all the Shadowlands content in it, just locked off until release), I doubt we'll see any more sets, unless, well, they come with the pre-patch.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    They're obviously going to get it down the line. Nothing indicates otherwise, and warfront sets are still different from heritage armor. That plus the fact that the night elf warfront sets are kind of mediocre anyway.

    But yes, it will indeed be at least waiting until Shadowlands. Maybe 9.1 for the first two new heritage armor sets.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Priestess of the Moon is also a fine inspiration, as it's a hero unit like the Warden. Which is better than the idea of giving people a dime a dozen night elf footsoldier transmog for their heritage.

    That said, any person who doesn't know what wardens are doesn't really get to have an opinion on what should be night elf heritage armor anyway, considering it means they quite clearly know no night elf lore, so I don't see why some people not being aware of wardens is some kind of argument.
    The problem with Priestess of the moon is that it's very niche and lorewise the upper echelons of the priesthood of Elune is blocked to males

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    The problem with Priestess of the moon is that it's very niche and lorewise the upper echelons of the priesthood of Elune is blocked to males
    Also a good point.

    At the end of the day, I feel like heritage armor should be an amalgamation of something worthy of calling 'heritage' and just plain a good or interesting design.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupinemancer View Post
    By that logic, Blood Elves, Void Elves and Nightbornes should also get troll armor.
    I agree! :d

  9. #69
    Theres an existing armor set Night elf troopers used, I really want that for the heritage, just some more touch up and adornments and it's perfect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •