3+ Year Old Account

Quests Idea: Raising A Hunter Pet

Basically, these quests would allow you to do a long quest (30 days minimum) where you raise a baby animal to become your hunter pet, similar to the Winterspring Frostsaber/ Venomhide Ravasaur mount quests. There will be an advantage to offset the time sink: these pets will NOT take up a stable slot, meaning that even if your Stable is full you can still store this pet. I hope i am making sense.

I immediately thought of Chao Garden from Sonic Adventure 2. Could be fun or boring depending on how much they provide for the experience. It would be cool if how you raised the pet contributed to how it looked so you had a bit of customization you could have there, with other elements you could customize that you have more direct control over so no two pets are too entirely similar so that your own pet feels a bit more personalized and special. As well, being able to interact with pets in more fun little game ways and continuing to contribute to its growth as it becomes a more formidable pet until it can eventually do more things with you as it grows would also help grow some more attachment to the pets I think. And there's no reason to restrict this to Hunters only. I think Warlocks, Death Knights, and maybe even Mages and Shaman could benefit from this as well.

wtf I cant pay child support

No not an another Pokémon raising idea. Just no... tame and bond is enough.

30 days turns it into a slog rather than a journey.

I'd rather have it be a questline to teach the pet something useful, or training a new pet by using it in content without a timegate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    No not an another Pokémon raising idea. Just no... tame and bond is enough.
    You could always just not partake.

Some view it as "Pokemon raising", others view it as added depth to the RPG elements.

I'd be up for it, especially with character customization being expanded, they could do the same with pets, color, markings, scars, etc.

I mean we had the questline with Hati that eventually culminated in not only Hati as a standard hunter pet, but any recolor of them, and as a mount, and the ability to give him a fez. A FEZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I mean we had the questline with Hati that eventually culminated in not only Hati as a standard hunter pet, but any recolor of them, and as a mount, and the ability to give him a fez. A FEZ.

Literally the post I was about to make!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.