Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Mythic+ without timer

Would you enjoy a Mythic+ without a timer?

I think it might make the community less toxic and would love such mode.

I'm all for

"If you can complete it, you get the rewards" regardless of time.

You used 3 tanks/2 healers and it took you 2 hours but managed to finish it? Congrats! You put the effort into it and made it, here is your reward and key upgrade.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2020-03-24 at 10:04 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I would. Many people would.

Brace yourself for toxic answers tho.

it would eliminate the need for random scrubs to require perfect comps to do a +5 so yes I would enjoy it w/o a timer. Problem is what would be the metric for increasing the key level.

As long as it doesn't give loot/rewards I don't see a problem with it. If people just wanna try +20s or whatever to see what they're like and find the challenge fun then that seems fine. If they expect to be rewarded for something that would take literally zero skill that's just hilariously stupid though.

My biggest frustration with mythic plus a lot of the time is just the fact that stuff is skippable and not all mobs are required. It creates a huge barrier for tanks because they have to know exactly how to pull the entire dungeon before they can even enter. This also make people frustrated and leave when extra mobs get accidentally pulled or pulls are made incorrectly.

You can do it right now if you want to cc every mob before a pull and treat every trash mob as if it were a boss. You just wont be able to get the next key.

I really dont see an issue with a mechanic asking you to be efficient in order to get to the next level. The mindless aoe you guys depise takes more coordination even without considering interrupt and in combat cc chains compares to out of combat cc that wont even aggro the mobs

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    it would eliminate the need for random scrubs to require perfect comps to do a +5 so yes I would enjoy it w/o a timer. Problem is what would be the metric for increasing the key level.
    This. no timer = less toxic, but you lose the difficulty

Group wipes on 1st pull.
    DPS flames.
    Tank leaves.

Yes, no timer will certainly make it less toxic. Groups arent toxic cause there is a timer, groups are toxic cause people are toxic.

There’s no timer in TW but ppl still leave

Why do you think the timer is the issue?

I'd make a number of changes.

1. Be able to replace a player if they leave, but doing so invalidates the timer for ranking purposes.

2. Finishing the dungeon over the timer leaves the key at the level it is.

3. Quitting the dungeon before completing it will reduce the key level.

4. Completing a dungeon upgrades everyone's key to that level.

5. Allow a group to drop the key level while in a dungeon, so if they can't manage to kill the last boss the run isn't a complete waste.

Not really, especially since there is Mythic 0 already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe 1 chest for no timer, two chests for timer?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    There’s no timer in TW but ppl still leave

Why do you think the timer is the issue?
    You can get replacements in TW.
    Putin khuliyo

Sure, if they make them more challenging, the timer is part of the challenge.

That or add berserk timers to the bosses so you can't just megacheese it with 2-3 healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Maybe 1 chest for no timer, two chests for timer?
    You already get loot for failing the timer. So mission accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    I'd make a number of changes.

1. Be able to replace a player if they leave, but doing so invalidates the timer for ranking purposes.

2. Finishing the dungeon over the timer leaves the key at the level it is.

3. Quitting the dungeon before completing it will reduce the key level.

4. Completing a dungeon upgrades everyone's key to that level.

5. Allow a group to drop the key level while in a dungeon, so if they can't manage to kill the last boss the run isn't a complete waste.
    This would be great. There's been multiple runs in my live where just one player dropped out/left and the timer was barely lost in the end. That's the most frustrating thing in M+ if you're someone with a small guild who's reliant on randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Group wipes on 1st pull.
    DPS flames.
    Tank leaves.

Yes, no timer will certainly make it less toxic. Groups arent toxic cause there is a timer, groups are toxic cause people are toxic.
    ^ This

People don't seem to realize that people are just toxic and no altered environments are going to change it, like the people who were expecting classic to be just like vanilla and that everyone would be one big happy community like it was 10-15 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Death count. Key advances only with 0 deaths.

Yes but you need to given a cap on number of deaths. Also makes it an issue with unlimited time, do you just wait for bloodlust before each pull? It has problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    As long as it doesn't give loot/rewards I don't see a problem with it. If people just wanna try +20s or whatever to see what they're like and find the challenge fun then that seems fine. If they expect to be rewarded for something that would take literally zero skill that's just hilariously stupid though.
    To continue your strawman arguement here, this means that all content that doesn't have a timer associated with it requires 0 skill. Mythic raids? Easy. The only hard content in the game, according to this train of logic, is Mythic+, and Visions, both major and minor.

Mythic key 20 would still be difficult, even not factoring in the time associated with it. I understand in theory what you were going for, you wouldn't want the lack of a timer to be meaningless. But 'no rewards' is not the way to go, nor is your reasoning for such a 'lower' risk taken here, either.

The way I would handle it, is that there are two forms of mythic+ you could run. The timer based one, where you can upgrade your keys, and get (For the sake of what we have currently) GUARENTEED Titanforged gear (Ideally this means that Titanforging is no longer RNG based, just difficulty completion based), and Non-timer based Mythic+ works on who ever the leader of the group has completed highest key of THAT WEEK. You still need to run a timer based Mythic+ to unlock the other form, but if you need gear from +3 before going for a +4, you can farm +3s without toxicity involved.

That's just my thoughts on it, atleast.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

There is no mythic+ without timers, so that's out.
    But there should be a way to upgrade keys without having to finish keys "on time."
    Something to reward finishing dungeons even out of time would be great, like a currency that you can use a LOT of to upgrade keys.
    I would much prefer to do a 20 out of time than a 17 in time, but the difference is without the timer, there can be no competition. People would be doing absurd things like switching talents every pull or even changing from tank to DPS etc.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV