Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What was the black market at your school?

As in sold by pupils

I would say mainly cookies and cans of drinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    CDs and jolly ranchers.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

We had that one guy that would go into the next shopping center during lunch break and would "organize" you the thing you wanted, usually a games console for a fraction of the prize. Well that was until he was caught trying to shove 2 consoles, a few games and a controller (all with their packaging) down his pants. Wasn't exactly the brightest bulb. My buddies once ran a "mew unlock" service, that off-brand gamegeenie apparently paid for itself in less than a day. At some point there was active trading card exchange happening, mostly pokemon though during my time as the magic crowd wasn't that well established in my age bracket.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly sausage rolls, fizzy drinks, chocolate xD

We had a shop in the village offsite where pupils were not allowed to go, but if you lived in the village you were able to. So the kids that lived in the village would go to the shop on break times and come back to sell all the shit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your guys schools were tame we had people peddling weed ,adderall and alcohol on school grounds.

Amiga games mostly

15+ Year Old Account
    Alcohol and cigarrettes.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Pokemon cards
    Shortly followed by meth

You had the typical beer/marijuana guys. Beer was usually someone with an older sibling that would hook it up for a shave of cash. The weed guy was mostly the same thing. Drugs beyond that really weren't readily available although from time to time you would hear about an acid or mushroom hook.

Then you had the bootleg guys. You toss them a list of songs, they burn a CD for you (before even mp3s) and you had a disk with 10-15 songs you could jam too. The guy I knew had like 3 friends in the same circle and between them they had probably 6-7 of those massive black 4 per page CD books between them. These guys also usually had strange shit like candy bars and cans of soda they would flip too. I know, kind of strange, but that is just how it was.

We also had a ticket guy. In the days before the internet getting tickets to concerts and stuff like that was more complicated. So when a big band was coming to town he would usually have 20-30 tickets he would scalp. If I remember right his dad was some sort of organizer at the place in town the concerts came to. I lived in Dallas at the time and he would also get his hands on sports tickets and stuff too. Was odd, but hey, if I had a connect like that and could make a cool 500-1000 a week every month or two in high school it would have been pretty fucking cool.

All these guys seemed to be in it together as well. So if you wanted some weed from the weed guy he might ask you to get him a couple disks with a list of songs from the bootleg guy. Or the ticket guy would give you a ticket for a bag and 12 back this coming Saturday. Always was mixing around.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2020-03-24 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weed, hydros, adderall, other pills. When we were younger it was Pokemon and Yugioh cards. I don't remember kids ever selling candy or drinks... unless someone initiated the buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    As in sold by pupils

I would say mainly cookies and cans of drinks.
    My school didn't enrol criminals. I didn't live in Australia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Drugs. It was definitely drugs.

7+ Year Old Account
    err none, I just went to a small public school and I don't remember anything shady whatsoever, no drugs or fights or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Pokemon cards
    Oh we had that and MTG. One of the older teachers thought MTG was some kind of satanic ritual practice or something. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    err none, I just went to a small public school and I don't remember anything shady whatsoever, no drugs or fights or anything.

Oh we had that and MTG. One of the older teachers thought MTG was some kind of satanic ritual practice or something. lol
    was there unicorns and leprechauns at this school as well? because i don't believe you. i mean while your making shit up why not say that your school had the fountain of youth in the basement. there isn't a single school anywhere that doesn't have some sort of fights or mischief going on.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Money.

I was a “loan shark” in school.

I wasn’t really. I had decent rates. I also helped students with their business endeavours. There was a girl who got a loan from me to buy a bunch of candies and snacks not sold in school and she sold them to other students.

There was also art, drawings and things students sold.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-03-25 at 01:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In middle school there were these twin brothers in the 7th grade (I was in 8th) that sold all kinds of candy out of their locker during the day between periods and after 9th period for a bit until they went home because their father worked in like a candy warehouse/factory/store or some shit, and he brought home a shit load of candy on the regular. They capitalized on that opportunity by bringing it to school and selling it for a quick profit. Both of them had their lockers on opposite sides of the school and would literally trap candy out of their lockers every period, every day. Since they had their lockers on both sides of the building, a quick snack was always a few seconds away after a boring class. Eventually once they got to high school they just kinda got bored of it and stopped. I would always tease them every year and just ask to buy some candy every time I saw one of them in the halls up until I graduated.

That was probably the closest thing to a high school sitcom type experience I've ever had, unfortunately.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    was there unicorns and leprechauns at this school as well? because i don't believe you. i mean while your making shit up why not say that your school had the fountain of youth in the basement.
    Hmm? There were no drugs around and marijuana was stigmatized in the community at the time. There was this one kid who transfered from a bigger school and apparently brought drugs on his first day. He also started a fight on his first day and got expelled. But for the most part we were just normal kids and not violent drugee wannabees.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-03-25 at 02:10 AM.

we didn't have a black market but during deer season we cleaned our shotguns in vocational agriculture class.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Weed,coke,and for some reason Soco 151 was really popular.

7+ Year Old Account
    drugs(mainly weed and acid), alcohol, and cigarettes.