Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
... LastLast
  1. #221
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,138
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    robbers shouldnt go to jail because you forgot to lock your door,see how silly that sounds?
    https://www.newsweek.com/atm-glithch...ralian-1255101
    I mean there is literally cases of this in real life.
    just cause a company makes mistakes, does not mean you can abuse it and get away with it.
    ATM's faulty giving out money when they shouldnt.
    sometimes the locks not working and you can just open it up.
    etc
    people go to jail cause they find these, find its wrong, and instead of reporting it, they abuse it.
    thats called stealing.
    same in the game, yes the company fucked up, but abusing that fuckup is still illegal.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    Nah, I'm very far away from having the prerequisites to even do this thing. And I find it funny that you even go as far as to look at my post count and registration date and whatever to try to personally attack me. That's really low, but whatever floats your boat You really feel personally offended, is this a common reaction with you in every thread? Probably, but I'm not going to rummage through your posts simply because I don't care.

    My main account on mmo-c was deleted when they did that curse change? Not really sure what it was, ownership change? Anyhow, I'm playing expansions really slow, because you know, real life. I agree though that I did not have the full picture for this exploit, but you could have just explained calmly. I have nothing else to say, because from this point on it will only derail the thread and I'm afraid you will pop a vein somewhere. Cheers.

    Its right there my dude, i dont really need to "look at it" its literally right there.
    Nor am i really attacking you, just pointing out how i find it funny one of the few people defending doing something wrong, has not really spoken up, until a bunch of people who exploited that got in trouble for it.
    sorta like people dont really defend thievery, unless they are thieves.
    also you didnt have the full thing on it? so why not read, instead of vamintly defending it, especially since its obvious from your first post you knew exactly what it was, but you kept saying "the average jo" and "its not obvious" sounds like things someone who knows what is going on says? unless you were just talkign to talk.

    also curse merger was literally more then 10 years ago, so why are you ONLY posting now, all of a sudden that the ban wave has gone out?
    This account your on was made in 2008, but the curse merger was 2010.
    but you made a thread in 2011 after the merger.
    something is fishy here.

    Yeah i call BS, you are commenting here now cause you got banned for using this exploit, and now making up something about a main account that "got deleted" in the merger 10 years ago, as a reason why you havent posted since.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-03-26 at 11:38 AM.

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They're supposed to say "This is obviously unintended, as the game is specifically designed around Corruption Resistance going up slowly over time for each player, not a single group member at a higher rate at a time. I should report this, as it's obviously unintented, and not continue to do so as it's clearly not intended and I will likely get in trouble."

    There is no math involved. You don't need to know EXACTLY how fast your corruption resist will go up, to know it will go up faster if 4 people trade you their otherwise-unobtainable-this-week item.

    It'd be like if items from your weekly mythic+ chest could be traded to people who you did the mythic+ chest with. That would be broken, because it would mean having more than one account gives you more than one reward per week. Mythic raiders would be expected to run with unlimited accounts, each one needing to complete a +15, so that they maximize the chances of getting their items as fast as possible.

    Each account adds another item to the pool of items you could potentially get. Each person who trades a malefic core adds another bit of corruption resistance, allowing you to wear items with greater detriments because your corruption resist just gets rid of the detriment. They are, in exactly the same ways, abusing the system.

    The simple way of thinking is: If it seems wrong, don't do it. If you're trying to avoid respawn timers, you're in the wrong. If you're forcing things to spawn when they shouldn't, you're in the wrong. If you're avoiding lockout timers, you're in the wrong. If you're doing ANYTHING out of the ordinary in order to cause an event to occur repeatedly that you know would not normally occur if you didn't do said thing, and you know the event is likely not SUPPOSED to occur that way, you are in the wrong.

    It's really that simple. If you're in the wrong, it's up to Blizzard to decide how you get punished for it, and at what severity.
    Im not gonna spend much time defending exploiters here...

    Im just of the opinion, perma banning someone because he decided to be a smartass in a videogame...a little too much.
    Specially when it was not a scam and no players were harmed.

  3. #223
    Getting one upgrade item from a friend, I could understand that. But if someone has gotten 4 items from friends... I mean in that case it's not testing "is this for real?" it's intentional and planned because no average Joe runs visions and then gives legendary quality item, which can only be acquired once a week, to a friend. Maybe one, but a party of 4 or 3? You have to request that.
    People really love to play stupid or victims in such situations. In game and in real life.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    This is just my opinion.
    If Blizzard programmed their game "wrong" is their fault.

    This is a videogame and not sacred grounds like real life.

    Instead of banning why not simply remove the things they gained?

    The other example i gave actually happened...in Beta...so well never know what would happen if it went live.
    Beta was unplayable because of the known bug of "naked pvp".
    To decentivize people of abusing wherever they can if the only punishment is removal of earned rewards through it. There is no guarantee that blizzard detects 100% of exploits so there should be a high risk to abuse it or you will have a bad time in this game.
    Most exploits are pretty obvious and people who cry after they got banned are idiots and try to lift their ban which they knew is legit if they get caught.

    I wish there would be an equal attention and punishment for botters in this game, sadly it isnt and the result is there. We can be glad that other types of cheats arent present in this game or banned immediately like speed or stat cheats (i dont think thats even possible). Take a look at all the shooters out there especially BRs. Full of aimbots and other scum, yea im glad blizzard has atleast to some degree a hard stance against exploits. F*** abusers and cheaters they are the worst in online gaming and i hope the second you use one you can perma banned.
    Last edited by Arai; 2020-03-26 at 11:35 AM.

  5. #225
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im not gonna spend much time defending exploiters here...

    Im just of the opinion, perma banning someone because he decided to be a smartass in a videogame...a little too much.
    Specially when it was not a scam and no players were harmed.
    Perma banning someone cause they decided to exploit the video game, not once, not twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES, is not "a little much"
    How many retries do you give someone before you say "fuck it your gone"
    to which they just buy another account and start again.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Getting one upgrade item from a friend, I could understand that. But if someone has gotten 4 items from friends... I mean in that case it's not testing "is this for real?" it's intentional and planned because no average Joe runs visions and then gives legendary quality item, which can only be acquired once a week, to a friend. Maybe one, but a party of 4 or 3? You have to request that.
    People really love to play stupid or victims in such situations. In game and in real life.
    blizz usually takes this into account, i have exploited many things over the years, but its usually i do it once or twice then notice "wait a minute this is not normal..." then stop.
    blizz looks to these as "Tried, and noticed, then stopped" which is fine by them. if you traded it, then used it cause you wanted to see if it was real, no ban, i know a few people who are unbanned and did it once.
    but if you do it over and over, you know whats going on.

    BFA 8.3 dailies reset.
    poition stacking (i had 2, i acidently double clicked, it used one, then it used the second, which then as a single stack counted, and gave me 2 buffs)
    Legion world quest reset
    Legion dauntless eyes daily reset
    wod dailies reset
    etc

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Where are these rules spelled out in the game? I didn't even see an update about Malefic Cores. I just did a vision and it popped in my inventory.
    Goggle is crazy hard to use, so I'll save you the confusion.

    "Players who are at the limit of the cloak’s progression can receive one Malefic Core from the first of these two activities completed each week, and can continue to upgrade their cloak with a Malefic Core once per week for the remainder of Visions of N’Zoth." - a blue post from 20 days ago, the info has since been mentioned multiple times on wowhead, mmoc, and lots of other places.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Arai View Post
    To decentivize people of abusing wherever they can if the only punishment is removal of earned rewards through it. There is no guarantee that blizzard detects 100% of exploits so there should be a high risk to abuse it or you will have a bad time in this game.
    Most exploits are pretty obvious and people who cry after they got banned are idiots and try to lift their ban which they knew is legit if they get caught.

    I wish there would be an equal attention and punishment for botters in this game, sadly it isnt and the result is there. We can be glad that other types of cheats arent present in this game or banned immediately like speed or stat cheats (i dont think thats even possible). Take a look at all the shooters out there especially BRs. Full of aimbots and other scum, yea im glad blizzard has atleast to some degree a hard stance against exploits. F*** abusers and cheaters they are the worst in online gaming and i hope the second you use one you can perma banned.
    The people who constantly defend or make excuses for cheaters are worse most of the time. The cheaters at least usually understand they are doing wrong. The ones who defend them will try to convince you that it's ok to cheat.

  7. #227
    Well then people shouldn't exploit stuff that is clearly unintended.

  8. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Perma banning someone cause they decided to exploit the video game, not once, not twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES, is not "a little much"
    How many retries do you give someone before you say "fuck it your gone"
    to which they just buy another account and start again.
    Its just that i used to be a avid viewer of the site Owned**** (forbidden to say on this forums)
    And i understand the "thrill" of doing things "you are not supposed to do" in a multimillion dollar MMO.

    I mostly only did small things...like being a giant...and model change.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Its this shit, this lack of common sense and intelligence that had me put you on ignore the first time.

    And here we go again, until this account gets banned and you make Shaadoowpunk. And then Shaadoowpuunk.

    You're not even offering logical debate or discourse, you're just rehashing the same shit that so many people, who have been banned, cried and spewed, despite using bots, cheats and hacks (in a plethora of games, not just wow). You cannot see or fathom how breaking the rules, which YOU SIGN when you make your account and log in each and every day (The (T)erms (O)f (S)ervice).

    Last time I respond to you. Last time anyone should respond to this either clear trolling or willful ignorance, I'm unsure which is worse.
    Shadoow is an obvious troll, or he is that special kind of stupid where his family tree closely resembles the international symbol for recycling.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Perma ban seems a touch extreme.
    there are no perm bans.. OP just wanted to cause panic with 0 evidence, as is the norm here.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im not gonna spend much time defending exploiters here...

    Im just of the opinion, perma banning someone because he decided to be a smartass in a videogame...a little too much.
    Specially when it was not a scam and no players were harmed.
    That's fine if that's how YOU would do it.

    Blizzard has a ToU that you agree to, both when making your account and when starting the game for the first time though.

    In that ToU, Blizzard tells you they can ban your account at any time, for any reason. And they directly tell you exploiting their game will likely result in a ban. It's not questionable if you can exploit or not, only to what severity since some are deemed "creative use of game mechanics" if they can't prove that someone was willfully doing it, or repeating it for personal gain.

    They technically don't even have to stop at temp bans. If they REALLY wanted, they could just permaban any suspected exploiting and not have to defend themselves one bit, and they'd still be legally in the right.

    So, unfortunately, what your opinion is, is of very little relevance here.
    Last edited by Fleugen; 2020-03-26 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I'm sorry sir, but we do not serve complimentary cheese when you bring your own whine.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    there are no perm bans.. OP just wanted to cause panic with 0 evidence, as is the norm here.
    Depends on previous # of infractions; obviously you failed to comprehend here.. carry on.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You obviously seem to come to MMO-C rather regularly, so I don't know how you missed this:

    It was posted on March 11 on the front page, and stayed there for quite a few days.
    So you are confirming that it's not in the game?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause its a weekly lockout gear progression item, why do you think it WAS intended?
    Please, give your reasoning why you think an item that was stated to be once a week, and is used to upgrade your legendary, shoudl all be able to be funneled to one person, please, why do you think that was intended?
    Have you been paying attention? It is never mentioned to be a once a week item in the game. Hell, there isn't even any information about it in the game. Every other weekly lockout gear progression item that's not quest based can be funneled. What makes this one different?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Goggle is crazy hard to use, so I'll save you the confusion.

    "Players who are at the limit of the cloak’s progression can receive one Malefic Core from the first of these two activities completed each week, and can continue to upgrade their cloak with a Malefic Core once per week for the remainder of Visions of N’Zoth." - a blue post from 20 days ago, the info has since been mentioned multiple times on wowhead, mmoc, and lots of other places.
    So, it's not in the game. Crazy, right?

  14. #234
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    So you are confirming that it's not in the game?
    You're just playing dumb, right now. It's written, plain and simple, in the game's official website. It's where the announcements are made. The game does have a button that sends you to the game's official website where you can check announcements.

    But you know what else is "not in the game"? The game's freaking rules and EULA. Are you going to claim ignorance of those, too? That the game doesn't "spell it out" that cheating is a bannable offense?
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're just playing dumb, right now. It's written, plain and simple, in the game's official website. It's where the announcements are made. The game does have a button that sends you to the game's official website where you can check announcements.

    But you know what else is "not in the game"? The game's freaking rules and EULA. Are you going to claim ignorance of those, too? That the game doesn't "spell it out" that cheating is a bannable offense?
    Yes, I am, and that's the point. Bans should not happen unless cheating took place. This is not cheating. It is applying a game mechanic. You can only earn 1 raid item per week, yet they can be traded to you. This item can also be traded to you. It's not different.

    EULA is in the game. I don't know why you think it's not.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Yes, I am, and that's the point. Bans should not happen unless cheating took place. This is not cheating. It is applying a game mechanic.
    It is cheating because it's exploitation of a bug.

    You can only earn 1 raid item per week, yet they can be traded to you.
    Blizzard also announced that raid loot can be traded to those who are elligible.
    This item can also be traded to you.
    Blizzard also announced that you're limited to 1 item if at cap, or 2 if you're catching up.
    It's not different.
    They are very different.

    EULA is in the game. I don't know why you think it's not.
    OkY. Show me the IN-GAME button that brings up the EULA.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

  17. #237
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It is cheating because it's exploitation of a bug.


    Blizzard also announced that raid loot can be traded to those who are elligible.

    Blizzard also announced that you're limited to 1 item if at cap, or 2 if you're catching up.

    They are very different.


    OkY. Show me the IN-GAME button that brings up the EULA.
    How are players to know which in-game programmed mechanics are bugs and which are not?

    Blizzard also announced that this item can be traded to those who are eligible. It is on the item itself.

    This announcement did not appear in game. Is there required literature that players must read in order to not be banned? When was this announced?

    They aren't.

    Right here.

  18. #238
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    How are players to know which in-game programmed mechanics are bugs and which are not?

    Blizzard also announced that this item can be traded to those who are eligible. It is on the item itself.

    This announcement did not appear in game. Is there required literature that players must read in order to not be banned? When was this announced?
    Doesn't matter. The announcement and thus the information was publically available. Somebody choosing not to inform themselves can still be held responsible.

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Depends on previous # of infractions; obviously you failed to comprehend here.. carry on.
    so.. it's not a perm ban for trading the cores, just for being stupid many many times beforehand? Ok! so you're factually wrong in your title. Carry on

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    How are players to know which in-game programmed mechanics are bugs and which are not?
    Stop acting dumb. The game has a website where they make the announcements. A website that you can connect to from in-game through the "community site" button on the login page. The game also has a launcher, that also allows you to connect to the community website.

    Blizzard also announced that this item can be traded to those who are eligible. It is on the item itself.
    That is a bug. Blizzard has outright spelled out in black and white that you can only use ONE if at cap, or TWO if you're catching up. If you honestly cannot differentiate a bug from an intended mechanic, that's your problem.

    This announcement did not appear in game. Is there required literature that players must read in order to not be banned? When was this announced?
    Stop acting dumb. The "required literature" is on the official website, where all news are publicly announced, and they even keep a history of the recent news.

    They aren't.
    • "Mechanic A" works just like Blizzard said it would.
    • "Mechanic B" works differently than Blizzard said it would.
    Yes, they are different.

    I'll repeat:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Show me the IN-GAME BUTTON that brings up the EULA.
    Because, just like you like to complain that "it's not in-game", I can say there's no button to access the EULA and Terms of Service in the game. I haven't seen the EULA show up since BfA launch. It doesn't even show anymore when content patches hit. But if you're going to show a screen that shows up once in a blue moon in the game, I can also point out that you have a ticket system, in-game, where you can contact GMs, also in-game, to ask them what is allowed and what isn't.

    And, like @huth said: the information is publicly available. Choosing not to inform yourself does not absolve you from responsibility.

    This is an analogy to what you're doing:
    • You pay a gym membership, and you show up there every two-three days.
    • The gym has a board near the entrance where the rules are posted, as well as any warnings and rule updates.
    • You ignore the board every time you enter the gym, meaning you miss anything written there.
    • You then complain when the rules punish you, because management didn't come to you personally to inform you about the rules.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-03-26 at 04:37 PM.
    I did a Necromancer thing. Check it out! All feedback welcome!
    Update 08/17: I changed how the Bone spec's golem mechanic works, as well as some other minor changes.
    I also did a Bard thing! Questions, comments and ideas, all welcome!
    Update 09/02: Apparently the mods decided to merge my class concept thread with an existing one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •