Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Stop acting dumb. The game has a website where they make the announcements. A website that you can connect to from in-game through the "community site" button on the login page. The game also has a launcher, that also allows you to connect to the community website.


    That is a bug. Blizzard has outright spelled out in black and white that you can only use ONE if at cap, or TWO if you're catching up. If you honestly cannot differentiate a bug from an intended mechanic, that's your problem.


    Stop acting dumb.


    • "Mechanic A" works just like Blizzard said it would.
    • "Mechanic B" works differently than Blizzard said it would.
    Yes, they are different.


    I'll repeat:

    Because, just like you like to complain that "it's not in-game", I can say there's no button to access the EULA and Terms of Service in the game. I haven't seen the EULA show up since BfA launch. It doesn't even show anymore when content patches hit. But if you're going to show a screen that shows up once in a blue moon in the game, I can also point out that you have a ticket system, in-game, where you can contact GMs, also in-game, to ask them what is allowed and what isn't.

    And, like @huth said: the information is publicly available. Choosing not to inform yourself does not absolve you from responsibility.
    I see you have no real points here except 'you're dumb' which is really not a good point.

    You also seem to think that one mechanic that Blizzard officially announces is more accurate than another mechanic that Blizzard officially announces. I'll never live a life so arbitrarily as you do.

    You are also cherry picking my in-game philosophy by insisting that things permanently be accessible in game. It's in the game. You read it. You are aware of it. It's not reasonable to require players ask GMs what is allowed every time a player has a question. Also, in this case, not possible. GM response time is typically greater than 2 hours, meaning the trade would no longer be possible. I'll choose to obey game mechanics.

    It's clear that we fundamentally disagree on what constitutes banning players. I prefer that bans should be done for cheating. You prefer bans to happen for more than just cheating. I will never agree with you.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

    I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    If you notice that something is happening that is obviously not supposed to happen and decide to take advantage of it, you deserve to be banned. The whole "banning people for blizzard's mistake" is so absolutely stupid. It's in the ToS to not take advantage of bugs. So if you notice a bug and say "fuck it" and start taking advantage of it? Eat the ban if you're caught, plain and simple.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doesn't matter. The announcement and thus the information was publically available. Somebody choosing not to inform themselves can still be held responsible.
    How much research is required for players to play the game without being banned for playing it as it's intended? Asking for a friend.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I see you have no real points here except 'you're dumb' which is really not a good point.

    You also seem to think that one mechanic that Blizzard officially announces is more accurate than another mechanic that Blizzard officially announces. I'll never live a life so arbitrarily as you do.

    You are also cherry picking my in-game philosophy by insisting that things permanently be accessible in game. It's in the game. You read it. You are aware of it. It's not reasonable to require players ask GMs what is allowed every time a player has a question. Also, in this case, not possible. GM response time is typically greater than 2 hours, meaning the trade would no longer be possible. I'll choose to obey game mechanics.

    It's clear that we fundamentally disagree on what constitutes banning players. I prefer that bans should be done for cheating. You prefer bans to happen for more than just cheating. I will never agree with you.
    "I've never been able to do this before. Suddenly I'm able to do it without any kind of announcement from Blizzard! I am justified in using this new thing despite no information on it." This logic is absolutely just people trying to weasel out of being banned and trying to put the blame on Blizzard instead.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "I've never been able to do this before. Suddenly I'm able to do it without any kind of announcement from Blizzard! I am justified in using this new thing despite no information on it." This logic is absolutely just people trying to weasel out of being banned and trying to put the blame on Blizzard instead.
    No one has been able to do it because it's literally the first time it's ever been implemented into the game. Insisting people know exactly what Blizzard means with two conflicting reports - one via a forum, and one via the game itself - is a bad policy. Especially when the majority of the playerbase does not read forums.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-03-26 at 04:57 PM.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    No one has been able to do it because it's literally the first time it's ever been implemented into the game. Insisting people know exactly what Blizzard means with two conflicting reports - one via a forum, and one via the game itself - is a bad policy. Especially when the majority of the playerbase does not read forums.
    If they don't read shit then that's on them and not Blizzard. Claiming ignorance is not a proper defense, especially for a 15 year old game. It was implemented. It was a bug.

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    If they don't read shit then that's on them and not Blizzard. Claiming ignorance is not a proper defense, especially for a 15 year old game. It was implemented. It was a bug.
    I disagree with you. Bans should never happen for things that Blizzard programmed and allowed players to do.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I disagree with you. Bans should never happen for things that Blizzard programmed and allowed players to do.
    Well it's good thing people like you aren't in charge. It's in the ToS. You use a bug more than "Oh shit I noticed this bug, better not keep using it." and you get banned. Don't like it? don't play the game.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Well it's good thing people like you aren't in charge. It's in the ToS. You use a bug more than "Oh shit I noticed this bug, better not keep using it." and you get banned. Don't like it? don't play the game.
    Opinions are like butts. Everyone's got one, and some of them stink.

  10. #250
    Mechagnome Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I disagree with you. Bans should never happen for things that Blizzard programmed and allowed players to do.
    I do not understand this logic. At all.

    Like, is this the sort of ignorance that pervades our education system these days or what? Do they not teach personal accountability and common sense? Mistakes happen, especially in code. I do not code, I do not assume to code, but one of my best friends and room mate are both coders and I've seen the shit they've both written and had to deal with.

    When you sign on, you agree to the ToS and EULA, you are held accountable for your actions. You would not do shit in real life if you found a possible loophole to a law that would, if you were caught, get you arrested?

    Same logic -- Fuck the 'ITS JUST A GAME MAN' mentality, it doesn't apply.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Opinions are like butts. Everyone's got one, and some of them stink.
    Opinions can be wrong. Your opinion (and everyone who agrees) is wrong. Do not spread misinformation thinking your opinion is correct or even matters.
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Opinions are like butts. Everyone's got one, and some of them stink.
    Weird you would take badly of your own opinions like this but hey, good for you.

  12. #252
    Immortal sam86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    WORST country on earth (aka egypt)
    Posts
    7,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

    I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    exactly
    in every single non-gaming industry company get blamed and has to apologize and even compensate for their f8ck up
    but since gaming (even if average gamer is 35 years old according to last research usa did) is still considered a 'child hobby' gaming companies get away with a shitload of shit actions that they should get punished for
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    I do not understand this logic. At all.

    Like, is this the sort of ignorance that pervades our education system these days or what? Do they not teach personal accountability and common sense? Mistakes happen, especially in code. I do not code, I do not assume to code, but one of my best friends and room mate are both coders and I've seen the shit they've both written and had to deal with.

    When you sign on, you agree to the ToS and EULA, you are held accountable for your actions. You would not do shit in real life if you found a possible loophole to a law that would, if you were caught, get you arrested?

    Same logic -- Fuck the 'ITS JUST A GAME MAN' mentality, it doesn't apply.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Opinions can be wrong. Your opinion (and everyone who agrees) is wrong. Do not spread misinformation thinking your opinion is correct or even matters.
    Well, glad you figured it out. Thanks for your astute observations and you have done the galaxy a service.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Weird you would take badly of your own opinions like this but hey, good for you.
    I see what you did thar!


    It appears people on the internet can't disagree without berating the other person. If only we could just disagree and have different opinions.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-03-26 at 05:47 PM.

  14. #254
    I have to say its kind of amusing to watch the (most likely) offenders rant through this thread to try and justify cheating.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It appears people on the internet can't disagree without berating the other person. If only we could just disagree and have different opinions.
    It's not a question of "agree or disagree". You'r flat out wrong on this one.

  16. #256
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    How much research is required for players to play the game without being banned for playing it as it's intended? Asking for a friend.
    None.
    but if something feels fishy
    look it up.
    a weekly locked legendary item
    that prior to now was not tradable
    and upgrades a legendary item
    is not "normal"
    legendaries before this have never been tradeable (Other then the CRAFTED BIND ON EQUIP legendaries of legion)
    Nor have legendary items ever been tradeable (other then the legendary elementium bars of vanilla)

    Legendaries are not tradeable, end of story.
    nor are quest rewards EVER tradeable.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's not a question of "agree or disagree". You'r flat out wrong on this one.
    But I'm not? It's literally not possible for my opinion to be wrong.

  18. #258
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It appears people on the internet can't disagree without berating the other person. If only we could just disagree and have different opinions.
    No, you dont have a different opinion, you have a wrong one.

    "Why am i getting so much hate for being a flat earther anti vaxxer?
    It appears people on the internet can't disagree without berating the other person. If only we could just disagree and have different opinions."

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    But I'm not? It's literally not possible for my opinion to be wrong.
    I didnt know we were 6 days in the future.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, you dont have a different opinion, you have a wrong one.

    "Why am i getting so much hate for being a flat earther anti vaxxer?
    It appears people on the internet can't disagree without berating the other person. If only we could just disagree and have different opinions."

    - - - Updated - - -


    I didnt know we were 6 days in the future.
    You mention two BELIEFS. BELIEFS can be wrong. OPINIONS cannot. Words are not hard.

    "I think that black people should have the same rights as white people." Your response, in the year 1800, "Your opinion is wrong. Black people are inferior to white people." Fast forward 200 years, "Oops, guess you were right!"

    I have no clue what you're talking about.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-03-26 at 06:12 PM.

  20. #260
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    You mention two BELIEFS. BELIEFS can be wrong. OPINIONS cannot. Words are not hard. "I think that black people should have equal rights to white people." Your response, in the year 1800, "Your opinion is wrong. Black people are inferior to white people." Fast forward 200 years, "Oops, guess you were right!"

    I have no clue what you're talking about.

    Yes, opinions can be wrong... you would have to be dull to think an opinion is fact.

    also guess you cant use a calender.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •