Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

    Yes, opinions can be wrong... you would have to be dull to think an opinion is fact.

    also guess you cant use a calender.
    OPINIONS can be based on BELIEFS. The OPINION is not wrong - the BELIEF is. This is not a difficult concept.

    Explain to me how this opinion is wrong:

    "I think the only reason a person should get banned is for cheating."

  2. #262
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    OPINIONS can be based on BELIEFS. The OPINION is not wrong - the BELIEF is. This is not a difficult concept.

    Explain to me how this opinion is wrong:

    "I think the only reason a person should get banned is for cheating."
    Because that means that people who call people the N word shouldnt get banned, or people who harras others, or people who spam chat, or scam people, or MANY other things.
    there is TONS of things you should be banned for that are not cheating.
    So to say "Cheating should be the only reason you can get banned" is wrong, cause there is many reasons.
    Especially since abusing an exploit is cheating.


    so no, grow up, opinions can be wrong.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so no, grow up, opinions can be wrong.
    Depends.

    If i say: In my opinion no player should be perma banned for this

    My opinion cant be wrong.

  4. #264
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Depends.

    If i say: In my opinion no player should be perma banned for this

    My opinion cant be wrong.
    Well yes, many can be, for some people this is like their 8th exploit, and blizz has had enough, they have given them 7 warnings, 7 redos, and 7 "we forgive you, do better next time" and they refused to listen, so this should be perma banned, for those players.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Because that means that people who call people the N word shouldnt get banned, or people who harras others, or people who spam chat, or scam people, or MANY other things.
    there is TONS of things you should be banned for that are not cheating.
    So to say "Cheating should be the only reason you can get banned" is wrong, cause there is many reasons.
    Especially since abusing an exploit is cheating.


    so no, grow up, opinions can be wrong.
    So to be clear, to prove my opinion wrong, you cited your own opinion as evidence. This is very interesting. If this is to be true, then I use my own opinion to disprove your opinion. Sweet, I won the argument!

  6. #266
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    So to be clear, to prove my opinion wrong, you cited your own opinion as evidence. This is very interesting.
    So you think if you run around calling people the N word, they shouldn't be banned? you LITERALLY THINK as you just said yourself no strawman no nothing, you literally just said this. The only reason someone should be banned, is for cheating.
    Running around calling people the N word.
    Scamming people
    Preying on kids
    spamming chat
    none of that should lead to a ban
    only cheating should?
    wow your opinion is shit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    If this is to be true, then I use my own opinion to disprove your opinion. Sweet, I won the argument!
    Well sadly blizzard, who owns the game, agrees with me, not you, so too bad, you lost.
    if you wanna challenge it though, go say some racist shit in trade chat and practice that opinion of yours.

    nevermind the fact exploiting a bug is cheating, so you agree people who use this exploit should be banned.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So you think if you run around calling people the N word, they shouldn't be banned? you LITERALLY THINK as you just said yourself no strawman no nothing, you literally just said this. The only reason someone should be banned, is for cheating.
    Running around calling people the N word.
    Scamming people
    Preying on kids
    spamming chat
    none of that should lead to a ban
    only cheating should?
    wow your opinion is shit.
    To you it may be shit. But it's not wrong. I also think your opinion is shit. Gee golly, it's almost like we learned a new word today!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well sadly blizzard, who owns the game, agrees with me, not you, so too bad, you lost.
    if you wanna challenge it though, go say some racist shit in trade chat and practice that opinion of yours.
    No, I'll be banned for that, because it's against the ToS. I don't want to be banned. Do you know what we are arguing about?

  8. #268
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    To you it may be shit. But it's not wrong. I also think your opinion is shit. Gee golly, it's almost like we learned a new word today!

    - - - Updated - - -



    No, I'll be banned for that, because it's against the ToS. I don't want to be banned.
    Yes it is wrong, you are 100% wrong to think that blizz should not ban people for being racist, or homophobic, or sexist, or many other things.
    your opinion is wrong, simple as that and you know that.
    but hey, i don't know why im talking to someone who thinks being racist is ok, so im gunna put you on ignore now.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes it is wrong, you are 100% wrong to think that blizz should not ban people for being racist, or homophobic, or sexist, or many other things.
    your opinion is wrong, simple as that and you know that.
    but hey, i don't know why im talking to someone who thinks being racist is ok, so im gunna put you on ignore now.
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be (at least in the US). Just because you disagree with something doesn't make that thing factually incorrect, unless it can be proven. Opinions can never be proven wrong.

  10. #270
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnusthegreat View Post
    being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be (at least in the us).
    holy fuck, i have found a new signature

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    exactly
    in every single non-gaming industry company get blamed and has to apologize and even compensate for their f8ck up
    but since gaming (even if average gamer is 35 years old according to last research usa did) is still considered a 'child hobby' gaming companies get away with a shitload of shit actions that they should get punished for
    The bank has to compensate you if they mess up and accidentally put extra money in your bank account? Your job compensates you when you find a flaw in their time clock software that results in you getting extra time without working that extra time? That's what this is more akin to. The kinds of things you are referring to are when an error from a company results in a negative to you (Pizza Hut overcharges you for your order, some company charges you for something you cancelled or never ordered).

    Furthermore, you agree when you play any online game these days that you will not abuse bugs to exploit the game, and that doing so is punishable in anyway Blizzard deem fit. Blizz can ban you for making your character have wings via model changers if they want to. You not liking it doesn't make it so, and is the same with any other number of business you sign similar agreements with, which is more than just the gaming industry.

    If you want to skirt what is permissible/impermissible or legal/illegal, you accept the potential risks that come with it. Just don't be outraged if you get caught and it bites you in the rear

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    holy fuck, i have found a new signature
    Maybe now you will appear more intelligent to others for knowing what words mean.

  13. #273
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by themaster24 View Post
    The bank has to compensate you if they mess up and accidentally put extra money in your bank account? Your job compensates you when you find a flaw in their time clock software that results in you getting extra time without working that extra time? That's what this is more akin to. The kinds of things you are referring to are when an error from a company results in a negative to you (Pizza Hut overcharges you for your order, some company charges you for something you cancelled or never ordered).

    Furthermore, you agree when you play any online game these days that you will not abuse bugs to exploit the game, and that doing so is punishable in anyway Blizzard deem fit. Blizz can ban you for making your character have wings via model changers if they want to. You not liking it doesn't make it so, and is the same with any other number of business you sign similar agreements with, which is more than just the gaming industry.

    If you want to skirt what is permissible/impermissible or legal/illegal, you accept the potential risks that come with it. Just don't be outraged if you get caught and it bites you in the rear
    ^^^^^

    No company will compensate you for something that was a benefit to you, lots of wellfare programs if they send you too much will take it out next month or even the next day, no "bonus"
    but if something harms you they will compensate to try and keep your buisness. this is nothing like that, this is an exploit.


    unlike a company delivering a pizza to you, and its wrong, or a bank not giving you enough money, that is something they did wrong, that effects you.
    this is something they did wrong that does not effect you in any way.
    until you abuse it. we look to real life.
    "ATM during matinence gives man free money" Oh so he abused it and got away with it rig-
    "1 year in jail, and all the money returned"
    Yeah no, in real life, if you find an exploit, either in a banking system or something else, you report it nothing will happen, but you ABUSE IT, you are going to be punished. this is not some "kiddy child hobby let them get away with things" this is reality.
    if you find an exploit and abuse it, you will be punished.

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be (at least in the US). Just because you disagree with something doesn't make that thing factually incorrect, unless it can be proven. Opinions can never be proven wrong.
    That's a big oof my dude

  15. #275
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    21,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    That's a big oof my dude
    Big OOF for a small smooth brain.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Well yes, many can be, for some people this is like their 8th exploit, and blizz has had enough, they have given them 7 warnings, 7 redos, and 7 "we forgive you, do better next time" and they refused to listen, so this should be perma banned, for those players.
    There is already a video going around telling how to cleverly use game mechanics to level up your characters. What may be considered...yes...exploits.

    Like using one quest that gives you an entire party of NPC's and just farm mobs with them and power level.
    Another quest is intended for the mobs to be one shot by a quest item...but they are giving FULL XP. You just one shot this mobs over and over until you are level 60.

    This video is amazing...is funny...is clever use of game mechanics.
    I dont think players should be banned for being clever WHEN they are not harming other players.
    Last edited by Shadoowpunk; 2020-03-26 at 06:51 PM.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    OPINIONS can be based on BELIEFS. The OPINION is not wrong - the BELIEF is. This is not a difficult concept. Explain to me how this opinion is wrong: "I think the only reason a person should get banned is for cheating."
    Opinions can be wrong all the time. The thing is you are not wrong for having an opinion. My opinion is WoW is a FPS game. Is my opinion wrong or right? According to you it is right and WoW is a FPS game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  18. #278
    Mechagnome Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    687
    Oh my lord, I wish I hadn't been playing WoW to see how this developed since I left, rofl.

    "Opinions can't be wrong" -- this is wrong, on so many levels... but it pales in comparison to

    "Racism isnt bad, wrong or illegal".... What the actual, fresh fuck?

    The Biggest Oof!
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Opinions can be wrong all the time. The thing is you are not wrong for having an opinion. My opinion is WoW is a FPS game. Is my opinion wrong or right? According to you it is right and WoW is a FPS game.
    That is not an opinion - that is a belief. You believe it's an FPS game. That is wrong (unless you play hunter, use only guns, and don't zoom out).

    You can't just say "My opinion is 2+2=5 I can't be wrong!" That's not an opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Oh my lord, I wish I hadn't been playing WoW to see how this developed since I left, rofl.

    "Opinions can't be wrong" -- this is wrong, on so many levels... but it pales in comparison to

    "Racism isnt bad, wrong or illegal".... What the actual, fresh fuck?

    The Biggest Oof!
    If you had any comprehension skills, you would realize that this never happened in this thread.

  20. #280
    Mechagnome Molvonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Everywhere, Nowhere, Anywhere
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    That is not an opinion - that is a belief. You believe it's an FPS game. That is wrong (unless you play hunter, use only guns, and don't zoom out).

    You can't just say "My opinion is 2+2=5 I can't be wrong!" That's not an opinion.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If you had any comprehension skills, you would realize that this never happened in this thread.
    o·pin·ion
    /əˈpinyən/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    "I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
    be·lief
    /bəˈlēf/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    1.
    an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
    "his belief in the value of hard work"
    2.
    trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
    "a belief in democratic politics"
    Even your definition of an Opinion, which is your belief(?????), is wrong.
    Just because I advocate your ability to play and enjoy WoW Classic doesn't mean I think it'll be successful.

    "Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be." ~Jonnusthegreat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •