Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Look, it's not my job to convince you of anything. You have your opinion, and I'm fine with that.

Go pick on one of the 100 other people in this thread that have the same opinion as me.

Oh wait, I see you already did. Not going so well for you is it.
    First of all, asking you a question isnt picking on you lmao. Grow thicker skin.. If you didnt want people to engage your opinion, maybe you should have kept it to yourself and not posted it on an internet forum?

Second, whether its "going well" for me or not, is a matter of opinion and quite frankly, I couldnt care less about yours. You could have taken a second to actually answer my question, or choose not to engage me at all, but instead your lizard brain flipped a switch and you became overly emotional and defensive..
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-25 at 02:55 PM.

This is a bit awkward after everyone has already gotten their panties in a twist to hell and back.

But is there a source of this actually happening?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Uhh no... sharding was introduced with the wod prepatch, and people have been doing that since then, there was no all of a sudden temp bans for herb farming in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

^^^^^^^^^
    When the daily reset happened for 8.3, when the azerite wrld quest reset happened during legion, when the daily reset for legion dalaran eyes happened.
    if people did it once or twice, maybe even three times, they saw no ban.

But if they did it for hours on end, no excuse.

Blizz looks and goes "hey this person did it three times, but thats it. Seems they didnt realize it was resetting, or they simply didnt notice something was up till the third time, and stopped, or felt bad and stopped, and that is fine"

Then they go "This guy did it 50 times, he KNOWS at this point something is wrong, and even though he knew something was wrong, he still kept doing it. ban"

If you do it only a few times, and stop, you will be fine, but ABUSE it and your showing you do not give a shit.
    If you continued reading, you'd see what I was talking about happened in classic Wow, and it was not due to Sharding, it was due to Layering. slightly different.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    If you continued reading, you'd see what I was talking about happened in classic Wow, and it was not due to Sharding, it was due to Layering. slightly different.
    People exploited layer hopping to farm for BfA Herbs, and got temporary bans for it, if I recall correctly.
    yeah no, you said layering, in BFA herbs, not classic sharding.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

wait.. how did they not make them BOP so you couldn't trade them?? O.o
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    The item is sold down I am pretty sure that means you can’t fucking trade it

Punish the idiots because it’s not like this happens out of nowhere you have to go out of your way to do this

You have to be prepared to pass your power game over to another player which is not any kind of behavior that blizzard would see coming considering this entire expansion has had systems designed around people being greedy little shit

People exploited they got the ban hammer the link is determined by blizzard if they got a permanent ban chances are this isn’t the first time they did something like this if they got a more lenient van chances are this is the first time they did it and they likely didn’t know it was an exploit
    What does sold down even mean? There's lots of cases of trading loot. Like, every other piece of loot in raids.

Passing power to other players is what the best players in the world do, and Blizzard has officially endorsed it. Not sure how this is different when it's implemented into the game, just like personal loot is.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Stop being so fucking naive. Taking advantage of unintended things is the normal. The only problem is that blizzard is so inconsistent with their punishments. Stop mixing video games with real life, it's not healthy.
    "Comprehension"; It's not just a word. You said the same thing I did, you just reworded it. Repeating people just to argue with them isn't healthy.

People should be smart enough to realize that "If it feels wrong, or a mistake, it is one." and contact Blizzard for Classification.
    Gotta remember, some people are psychopaths. They don't feel remorse or regret or any other feeling. They don't know the difference between right and wrong. Ergo, people that abused this exploit = psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by dzd View Post
    Stop being so fucking naive. Taking advantage of unintended things is the normal. The only problem is that blizzard is so inconsistent with their punishments. Stop mixing video games with real life, it's not healthy.
    Being punished for taking advantage of unintended things is also normal. It's been documented over the course of the games history. Intentionally/repeatedly taking advantage has more often than not resulted in suspensions/bans. To act shocked that this has yet again happened is being naive. As others have said, if someone did this one time or so out of curiosity, it would be different. However, I'm willing to bet anyone who has received a suspension/ban went out of their way to do this several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it an exploit if Blizzard specifically stated that "You can only earn one a week from doing Horrific Visions." Nowhere does it say you can't do what you want with it and give it to another player. Blizzard's fuck up if they left it tradable if they didn't actually want that to be an option and really shouldn't be a ban-able offence at all. Certainly a single person could get significantly stronger in pay off for 1-4 players giving up their cores to them (inb4 alts being used to feed a main raider, counter with all four alts would need to be cape capped, geared and just give Blizzard more playtime so why would they complain) but an easy fix would be have there be an eventual cap instead of an uncapped limit or limiting the amount that can be used in a week if they really need to.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by sadpantz View Post
    This is a bit awkward after everyone has already gotten their panties in a twist to hell and back.

But is there a source of this actually happening?
    This would be priceless.
    OP mentions a rumor, that may have never happened; and we get 6 pages of flaming.
    I'ma continue with my bowl of popcorn, carry on folks.

It's wild people are still doing visions at this point and bothering increasing their corruption resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    It's wild people are still doing visions at this point and bothering increasing their corruption resistance.
    Have you tanked with Twilight Dev? That shit is like crack cocaine, give me a gallon of corruption resistance so I can run more TD and melt entire dungeons.
    MUahahahaahahaha!
    Or better yet, imagine PvP with unfair corruption resistance.
    *You've entered the arena.*
    *You died to Infinite Stars, overkilled by 1,000,000 damage.*
    Hyperbole aside, I'm starting to think this didn't even happen and it's a slow news day.

Will probably be fixed pretty soon, those who abused it - will get suspensions or worse. Seems ok to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    1..2..3..people claiming that it's not obvious this is an exploit are coming
    I haven't done this exploit, not even got my cloak to 15 yet. But is it really that obvious ? You do the vision with someone and you get an item that say nothing about it not being tradeable, you open trade, put in the item and its traded. If you haven't read fan sites like wowhead etc and you don't know if its limited to one per week. How is it obvious that its an exploit then ? Other exploits where you actually have to physically do something to bypass a restriction is obvious. Just trading an item ingame with the ingame trading system is not obvious. I fully agree that they should do a rollback and make the item bop and untradeable. But banning seems a bit off in this case, imo

Imagine being a toxic peice of shit and calling for people to be banned, their only crime is playing and sharing their experience in an MMORPG as god intended.

If blizzard didnt want people finding ways around to spend less time doing 'content' maybe they should make the content good, or just dont make it at all.

Nobody likes grinding reptitive shit.

im guessing the op got banned for this if not him a guildie or a friend,tho i'm looking for PHYSICAL proof that that someone was banned for this, llike a snipit form email or image of account page saying they were banned

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Have you tanked with Twilight Dev? That shit is like crack cocaine, give me a gallon of corruption resistance so I can run more TD and melt entire dungeons.
    MUahahahaahahaha!
    Or better yet, imagine PvP with unfair corruption resistance.
    *You've entered the arena.*
    *You died to Infinite Stars, overkilled by 1,000,000 damage.*
    Hyperbole aside, I'm starting to think this didn't even happen and it's a slow news day.
    lol you made me laugh at least Slow down on the coffees

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    The race is over, lfr is all out and the expansion is done. Why give any F’s over this ?
    my only guess would be still active pvpers

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Perma ban seems a touch extreme.
    Those that got perma bans likely had a previous ban in the past.