Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Always remember - exploit early and often lest those who do get a slap on the wrist and you get nothing

this is honestly stupid.

race to world first was cleared ages ago .

people solo 5 masks

seems like obvious case of fun detected fun nerfed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this is honestly stupid.

people solo 5 masks

The shit you are talking about. Fun detected? Yes. totally looking forward to fun of being literally forced to multibox this shit or make fucking split runs in a vision (lulz) to be optimal.

In case you did not notice, vast majority of guilds is still progressing Nyalotha, so put a sock into it. Last thing we need is bullshit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    What if someday i find some weird thing i can do to earn a large amount of gold?
    Like...realm hoping to kill a bunch of mobs that drop high value trash.

And im banned for it...

Am i supposed to ask Blizzard: "Hey im getting rich? Can i do this?"

Just an example i always had this idea on my mind
    ive been thinking along the same lines.

Remember in legion? With aethril rank 3 having a 10% chance to spawn a 2nd herb next to the one you looted, and it could proc again on the next flower.
    Immagine what would have happend if 11 or more ppl did this in the same spot.
    Infinetly spawning herbs in the same spot. Players would only be limited by the gathering speed of picking the herb up.

The big question is, would this have been an exploit? I mean, everything is working as intended here, but the players are herbing at many times the speed of everyone else not doing this.. would the players doing this get banned for it?

Its not like the other bans that went out to ppl who exploited doing stuff repetedly while in raid to avoid quest completion. This is just a mechanic working as intended, but inadveredly becoming insanely lucrative once you hit a certain amount of ppl doing it.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

fun detected fun nerfed
    This meme really just needs to die off now because it's just lost all meaning from people constantly trying to throw it into situations that aren't relevant.

I'm sure next week we'll have someone trying to use the "fun detected meme" for fixing lag or some shit.

There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    If you're going to support people exploiting the game, just come out and say it. Dont hide behind the "its blizzards mistake, I shouldn't be punished for exploiting" bs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Yeah. With Blizzard's official post saying you can only earn one a week, or two a week as a catch-up mechanic if you are behind the curve and can kill N'zoth, it should be fairly obvious to anyone who isn't trying to justify exploiting the game that Blizzard didn't intend for these to be used to go beyond a weekly limit.

It's very odd that they are even tradeable. The only reason I can think of for that is to allow people to carry a friend's alt and boost them up to the current limit, but if that's the case they didn't properly put a limit on how many could be applied as a maximum. Other possibility is them being tradable is an error.

In any case, "it's Blizzard's mistake" may be true but it doesn't excuse exploiters from consequences. If the bank accidentally gives you $10,000 when you transferred $1,000 it's still theft if you use it and don't report it.
    I noticed a few weeks back that one of the masks (I forget which) you get for clearing an area with a mask on had the blue text stating I could trade it to the other person in the group.

It was obvious they weren't supposed to be tradable though, so I didnt trade it and ended up not getting suspended.

- - - Updated - - -

Was Twink abuse for level boost selling and gold making in Freehold an "exploit"?
    Looks like an hell of an exploit to me...how am i supposed to do the "math" there myself?

Blizzard ended up just nerfing it to the ground entire youtube channels are now dead because of it
    You keep trying to claim things were an exploit that were not exploits. Is this to keep up your defense of promoting exploits?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    No, my man, you didnt answer it. You coped out by saying it should be "common sense" that one could be suspended for trading a tradeable item. Im just asking for clarification, because it seems to me that getting suspended for trading a tradeable item isnt congruent with your common sense argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it? It seems more like going the speed limit and getting a fine anyways.
    Is it? It seems more like you thinking it's ok to drive 120 mph through town because the speed limit sign fell down.

Use your brain. If something is obviously unintended, dont do it. If you choose to exploit, dont cry about getting punished.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Its kinda like saying, "in my opinion, speeding should be legal!" well thats all fine and well, but you still getting a ticket, because you are NOT the authority.
    No, its like saying marijuana should be legal because its more open to debate.

Again you are comparing illegality in a videogame...which is not even illegality...is actually being pretty smart about the game.
    Trying to "fool the system" is a big thing for many people.

Heck, if you have millions of gold, you probably abused th system and is Blizzards mistake in allowing that to happen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    What is the point? To give to people who hadn't gotten the cloak to 15 yet?
    get 500 corruption resist.
    Run the thing with 4 allies who are get it then trade it to you, keep doing that over and over and over.
    then you can have 75 corruption in every slot no prob.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    Cause blizzard havign a mistake and it happening to you wont gbet you banned.
    blizzard having a mistake, finding it, and it being obviously a mistake, then abusing it, is how you get banned.

like EVERY EXPLOIT EVER if it is easy to accidentally do, if you do it once or twice blizz wont ban.
    but if you do it over and over for 8 hours straight, it is obvious you know what you are doing.

think of real life, you go to a bank and withdraw 10$, it gives you 100$ by acident.
    You do that, and just dont do anything, or go and report it to the bank they will let you keep it.

But start withdrawing 10$ over and over and over until the ATm is empty, and you will be arrested and jailed for theft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Ok interesting ... so the cap is what can be earned (as far as cores) and not what can be applied. Would not have guessed that. Pretty dumb though since a simple db query would list the obvious exploiters.
    and that is what they are doing.
    and its obvious to the rest of us who abused it too, as each week there is a cap so.
    if ANYONE is above 53 this week, they exploited it.
    next week if they are above 56, they will have expoited it.
    so on so forth.

- - - Updated - - -

What if someday i find some weird thing i can do to earn a large amount of gold?

And im banned for it...

Because that is not something against the normal thing you can do in the game, your example is a horrible example, cause that is a normal part of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

No, its like saying marijuana should be legal because its more open to debate.

Again you are comparing illegality in a videogame...which is not even illegality...is actually being pretty smart about the game.
    Trying to "fool the system" is a big thing for many people.

Heck, if you have millions of gold, you probably abused th system and is Blizzards mistake in allowing that to happen.
    There is a difference between clever use of mechanics and abusing glitches into heavy exploitation. Using glitches is often fine, it's when it's disproportionate to the benefit gained that it becomes and issue.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Yes, if it feels wrong, it probably is, and why you ask Blizzard for Clarification. And... something like this DID happen, when they added Layering. People exploited layer hopping to farm for BfA Herbs, and got temporary bans for it, if I recall correctly.
    Uhh no... sharding was introduced with the wod prepatch, and people have been doing that since then, there was no all of a sudden temp bans for herb farming in BFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    There is a difference between clever use of mechanics and abusing glitches into heavy exploitation. Using glitches is often fine, it's when it's disproportionate to the benefit gained that it becomes and issue.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    When the daily reset happened for 8.3, when the azerite wrld quest reset happened during legion, when the daily reset for legion dalaran eyes happened.
    if people did it once or twice, maybe even three times, they saw no ban.

But if they did it for hours on end, no excuse.

Blizz looks and goes "hey this person did it three times, but thats it. Seems they didnt realize it was resetting, or they simply didnt notice something was up till the third time, and stopped, or felt bad and stopped, and that is fine"

Then they go "This guy did it 50 times, he KNOWS at this point something is wrong, and even though he knew something was wrong, he still kept doing it. ban"

If you do it only a few times, and stop, you will be fine, but ABUSE it and your showing you do not give a shit.

And im banned for it...

The fact that you are even asking this says you already know the answer. You said "some weird thing", so you know fully well its an anomaly. One that you choose to take advantage of. You are not an innocent. You are fully taking advantage of something you KNOW is not a normal function of the game.

What if you do something and it has consequences? Welcome to life. You don't just get to do what you want, when you want. I mean, you can, but you have to deal with the fallout from it. Did you parents not teach you that?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    No, my man, you didnt answer it. You coped out by saying it should be "common sense" that one could be suspended for trading a tradeable item. Im just asking for clarification, because it seems to me that getting suspended for trading a tradeable item isnt congruent with your common sense argument.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it? It seems more like going the speed limit and getting a fine anyways.
    A weekly item that was not tradable before, that buffs your gear, and says soulbound, and is again LOCKED BEHIND A WEEKLY QUEST, suddenly being tradable yeah sure that is "totally normal"

doing it once you likely wouldnt have been banned, doing it multiple times is what would cause the ban.
    but really these things obviously shouldnt be tradeable, you cant do this "on acident" so even doing it once likely is to get a ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    No one said it was hard to figure out. In fact in this case it is super easy. All they have to do is look for anyone who is Rank 15 + 2 or higher or anyone who has more than 53 corruption resistance on their cloak since that is the current cap. It'll be really easy for Blizzard to figure out who abused it. The part that is probably trickier is figuring out who traded it to them depending on how their code is. Which in this case again they can probably do a simple search of something like "If you trade it then bam"
    "People who completed the quest this week, do not have the item, and their cape only has 50 resist"
    That is the best/only way to really find out.

As usual, the posts in the thread aren't providing the context.

All we know, is it's not intended to be traded and you can in the Visions. A mistake of doing it once is admissable in my eyes, and probably Blizzards too. I'm pretty sure they'd let it slide for random players who did it once or so in such a manner.

When it becomes a major problem is when someone realizes this, then goes ham with his friends feeding 1 guy with the intent of him having TDs x7 or something and having 40 corruption meanwhile. Then I'd see the point in it being a bannable offense.

There's much to "understanding the logic of banning people of a Blizzards mistake" and for the most part I'm pretty sure they're not throwing them out right off the bat to someone who may have discovered it, realized it isn't as intended, but has already done it once, perhaps even reported it, and getting banned for it? Doubtful. Discovering it, not reporting it, and doing it 4 times now that's a definite banhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is honestly stupid.

people solo 5 masks

You dont seem to understand what fun even means.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The logic is abusing an obvious error to further power up yourself in an way that is not intended by the game.
    This is mainly to keep the integrity intact.
    You can't "just fix it" immediately in games like this. So the only way to keep players from doing this is a sword over your head.

And to say blizzard should just make the game without errors is also delusional. Human error is still a thing. You cannot fix that. And tbh i think wow has not that many big errors to begin with.

This is just my opinion.
    If Blizzard programmed their game "wrong" is their fault.

This is a videogame and not sacred grounds like real life.

Instead of banning why not simply remove the things they gained?

The other example i gave actually happened...in Beta...so well never know what would happen if it went live.
    Beta was unplayable because of the known bug of "naked pvp".
    if i leave my door open and get robbed,the robbers will still face jail,and in blizzards case,im guessing simply removing stuff would be extra work for something the players that exploited dont deserve effort put in to

Removing all gear and keep only azerite pieces with certain traits to..."abuse" some weird scaling bug that made you do insane damage in battlegrounds and pvp.

Exploit?
    Yes, definitely. It requires you do something that isn't part of normal gameplay behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    What if you do something and it has consequences? Welcome to life. You don't just get to do what you want, when you want. I mean, you can, but you have to deal with the fallout from it. Did you parents not teach you that?
    Stop being so fucking naive. Taking advantage of unintended things is the normal. The only problem is that blizzard is so inconsistent with their punishments. Stop mixing video games with real life, it's not healthy.

Soon enough they will ban everyone, and then the game can finally die.

I mean.. getting ahead in 8.3 is serious business!

In this ever changing world, at least the idea of slapping players for Blizzards own oversight remains intact.