Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is simple folks, read the TOS that Blizz offers you. once you have an understanding of the rules, im sure you will be able to comprehend when you are 'exploiting' a system beyond its intended measures.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I haven't done this exploit, not even got my cloak to 15 yet. But is it really that obvious ? You do the vision with someone and you get an item that say nothing about it not being tradeable, you open trade, put in the item and its traded. If you haven't read fan sites like wowhead etc and you don't know if its limited to one per week. How is it obvious that its an exploit then ? Other exploits where you actually have to physically do something to bypass a restriction is obvious. Just trading an item ingame with the ingame trading system is not obvious. I fully agree that they should do a rollback and make the item bop and untradeable. But banning seems a bit off in this case, imo
    You have been getting the same item for the last 15 weeks once per week, not more than that. Yeah, it is quite obvious that you are not supposed to trade it with others, take their upgrade for yourself, and on top of that, you can only do that inside the vision itself, where you shouldn't even have the item with you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sadpantz View Post
    This is a bit awkward after everyone has already gotten their panties in a twist to hell and back.

But is there a source of this actually happening?
    Havent seen anything. No announcement made at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    What does sold down even mean? There's lots of cases of trading loot. Like, every other piece of loot in raids.

Passing power to other players is what the best players in the world do, and Blizzard has officially endorsed it. Not sure how this is different when it's implemented into the game, just like personal loot is.
    I meant soul bound

The items obviously not meant to be traded

Comparing it to loot is BS the direct comparison is the Argus drop that upgraded the trinkets and you couldn’t trade those
    Couldn’t trade the archi upgrades either
    Can’t trade the core of it drops in a raid

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Speed limits are posted. There is no guess work. You can claim ignorance of the law, but its not a defense. Where would one find the rules pertaining to this misdeed in WoW? Is there a section in the ToS about trading tradeble items? You see how your analogy doesnt hold up? I can find the law that says what breaking the speed limit means. Can you point to any part in the ToS that says trading tradeble items in WoW is a suspendable offence? It seems to me, that based on history, trading tradeable items has been fairly consistent as non-punishble and well within the game rules.
    Speed limits are not posted every 1m - there are often very, very long stretches of road with no speed limit posted. There is not a sign outside every driveway, every road crossing. We frequently find ourselves driving on a piece of road with no speed limit in sight, and yet you have no trouble knowing how to continue driving without getting arrested. Interesting. Almost like you apply common sense.

You seem REALLY confused about how exploits and tos work. They have absolutely no requirement to list each infraction one by one, that is a pathetic argument - very childish. No one was banned for trading a tradeable item, and yet you keep bringing that up? Another very immature mistake - you are confusing causation and correlation. It seems you either lack any understanding of the situation at all, or are simply trying to defend exploitative behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    my only guess would be still active pvpers
    Crux of the issue is corruption working at all in pvp, which is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Those that got perma bans likely had a previous ban in the past.
    If anyone did get a perma ban, it is almost deff because they have received multiple infractions for similar offenses in the past. And it's almost certainly the seller, not the purchaser (in case of a seller/buyer situation obv)

Quote Originally Posted by Wramp View Post
    this is simple folks, read the TOS that Blizz offers you. once you have an understanding of the rules, im sure you will be able to comprehend when you are 'exploiting' a system beyond its intended measures.
    Dear players,

We've noticed you trading tradeable items. Ban hammers for everyone.

In the future, please open a ticket before trading any item, just to be sure we intended it. Thanks.

-blizz

Quote Originally Posted by Softbottom View Post
    lol you made me laugh at least Slow down on the coffees
    No, MORE coffees - we must be entertained!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Dear players,

We've noticed you trading tradeable items. Ban hammers for everyone.

In the future, please open a ticket before trading any item, just to be sure we intended it. Thanks.

-blizz
    Why are defenders of this type of action all so dissengenuous? For the last time, they were not banned for trading loot any more than they were banned for being a dwarf, or having a name starting with the letter G. Stop confusing causation and correlation.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Speed limits are not posted every 1m - there are often very, very long stretches of road with no speed limit posted. There is not a sign outside every driveway, every road crossing. We frequently find ourselves driving on a piece of road with no speed limit in sight, and yet you have no trouble knowing how to continue driving without getting arrested. Interesting. Almost like you apply common sense.

You seem REALLY confused about how exploits and tos work. They have absolutely no requirement to list each infraction one by one, that is a pathetic argument - very childish. No one was banned for trading a tradeable item, and yet you keep bringing that up? Another very immature mistake - you are confusing causation and correlation. It seems you either lack any understanding of the situation at all, or are simply trying to defend exploitative behaviour.
    Not confused, nor am I saying Blizzard has to list each infraction (though the law does), just pointing out your analogy is flawed.

An item is tradeable. People are getting banned for trading it. People absolutely are getting banned for trading a tradeable item. (if its even true. Havent seen any information from Blizzard about this)
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-03-25 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    So you are telling me that veteran players are super intelligent and can understand and refine every part of their playstyle with simcrafting and testing but when it comes to something like *this*, they are poor innocent knownothings that couldn't possibly tell if it is broken and overpowered because they just aren't that intelligent enough when it comes to WoW?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So you are telling me that veteran players are super intelligent and can understand and refine every part of their playstyle with simcrafting and testing but when it comes to something like *this*, they are poor innocent knownothings that couldn't possibly tell if it is broken and overpowered because they just aren't that intelligent enough when it comes to WoW?
    Probably because all that information is out there when it comes to how spells work and their values are all very specific while random bugs and shit are not?

Blizzard is one of the only scumbag companies that blame the players for their own mistakes, you can see it even in the dev interviews where its clearly the players fault they are not enjoying the content...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    People should be smart enough to realize that "If it feels wrong, or a mistake, it is one." and contact Blizzard for Classification.
    that would be stupid though, 90% of all exploits dont get u banned and give u advantages, so the smart play is just to exploit, untill you have atleast 2 infractions on your account.

I actually dont think this is real. The only info Im seeing is a wow thread citing this thread and a link to a reddit thread that later on, references this thread as well..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    I mean... think about it:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Players who are at the limit of the cloak’s progression can receive one Malefic Core from the first of these two activities completed each week, and can continue to upgrade their cloak with a Malefic Core once per week for the remainder of Visions of N’Zoth. However, if your cloak isn’t caught up to the current cap, you can acquire and use up to two Malefic Cores per week by doing both of the activities above.
    Blizzard clearly spelled out you can only earn one malefic core per week if you're at cap, or two per week to catch up. If you find out that you can somehow earn more than two cores per week, it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out it's an unintended bug. And if it's an unintended bug, the rules have spelled out that exploiting it leads to bans.

It's not hard, folks.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Not confused, nor am I saying Blizzard has to list each infraction (though the law does), just pointing out your analogy is flawed.

An item is tradeable. People are getting banned for trading it. People absolutely are getting banned for trading a tradeable item. (if its even true. Havent seen any information from Blizzard about this)
    No, they are not. If you find a hole in the map on a boss fight, and you spam jump against the wall until you pop through and it kills the boss, you are not being banned for jumping. This is how stupid your argument is. And no, the law does NOT have to list every single possibility - what a stupid this to say. "Well Mr murderer, you killed those people with a 7.5 inch knife, and we only have a law for a 7 inch knife, and an 8inch knife, you are free to go! How were you to know murder with a 7.5 inch blade is illegal, it's our mistake".

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    that would be stupid though, 90% of all exploits dont get u banned and give u advantages, so the smart play is just to exploit, untill you have atleast 2 infractions on your account.
    How in the world does *that* mean the smart play is to exploit? Under your guidelines, there is a 10% chance of permaban if you exploit. That is not the smart play. 10% is going to eventually happen. That is the stupid play.

You also know how Blizzard operates when it comes to ban waves right? They wait for a period of time to see who is a piece of shit and who is not. Then after a lot of people stupidly exploited, they ban all of them. They have been doing that for over 20 years. So DON'T exploit.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I meant soul bound

The items obviously not meant to be traded

Comparing it to loot is BS the direct comparison is the Argus drop that upgraded the trinkets and you couldn’t trade those
    Couldn’t trade the archi upgrades either
    Can’t trade the core of it drops in a raid
    Didn't play during Argus. Lots of soulbound items are tradeable.

The only thing I know is that the game lets someone do it.

What other things that are doable that should not be done? Please make a complete list for me. Do you see the problem?
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-03-25 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I mean... think about it:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Players who are at the limit of the cloak’s progression can receive one Malefic Core from the first of these two activities completed each week, and can continue to upgrade their cloak with a Malefic Core once per week for the remainder of Visions of N’Zoth. However, if your cloak isn’t caught up to the current cap, you can acquire and use up to two Malefic Cores per week by doing both of the activities above.
    Blizzard clearly spelled out you can only earn one malefic core per week if you're at cap, or two per week to catch up. If you find out that you can somehow earn more than two cores per week, it doesn't take an Einstein to figure out it's an unintended bug. And if it's an unintended bug, the rules have spelled out that exploiting it leads to bans.

It's not hard, folks.
    Oh daaaaaamn. That's it, it's over. GG. You all wanted were blizzard had it in writing you could only earn one? Boom, there it is. Now make sure you stretch before performing the j coming mental gymnastics to get outa this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

It's not hard, folks.
    Where are these rules spelled out in the game? I didn't even see an update about Malefic Cores. I just did a vision and it popped in my inventory.