Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda amusing that people are arguing about whether this should be banable or not. As if our opinions matter - Blizzard owns your accounts and decides what to do with them.
    Hi

People should not be banned over Blizzard mistakes, but in the end we're not buying our accounts, we pay for the pleasure to rent them, so Blizzard can do whatever they want.

5+ Year Old Account
    …. Malefic what?.....

Didn't reach that level of the game, since I am alting with my 100% buff, but shouldn't blizzard just make it non tradable? Or is that not so easy programming as I think it is?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    you are right. i was scratching my head thinking why would anyone even do this, until a troop of multiboxers just blazed by me in uldum right now. Now i dont know how good multi boxers would be in a horrific vision BUT, image that 1 out of the 3 getting three malefic cores lol. Thats nearly a month of clears had in one reset lol.

edit:
    1. perma ban seems crazy, should be length of it
    2. its not a strong argument but, shouldnt blizz have thought of this and programmed against this?
    Multi boxers do amazing as long as specicific madnesses are not up (The one that spawns a circle around you, its random per person so....)

perma ban is if you are a repeat offender, you never get perma banned first exploit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    The fact that you could trade the cores is an oversight that went by because you can trade just about anything that recently dropped in an instanced group, it's NOT a bug. Blizzard just dropped the ball. This just happened to slink by. However, the saronite bombs rebuilt the edge of the platform (which wasn't part of the encounter) due to some sort of error in the programming, making it a glitch/bug. With the cores, it remained tradable because Blizzard forgot to disable the trading part.
    which is a bug.
    a floor not having collision is a bug, but thats still just "blizz forgetting to give it collision"
    a bug is something wrong in the game, that was not intended.
    it does not change if its "the devs forgot to tick a box" it is still a bug, and people exploited it.

like how the platform going up and down was able to be done with siege damage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludvig View Post
    Exactly, and the fact they could trade the item wasn't due to an error in the code, they just probably forgot to uncheck something they copy-pasted from my understanding (a line of code enabling it to be traded). I suppose you could call that a flaw, but the code behaved as intended and produced a result it was told to. Again, from my understanding.
    you seem to have this twisted reality that a bug is only a bug, if its a glitch.
    a bug is not a glitch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Why is it obviously unintended?

- - - Updated - - -

As you have mentioned already, bugs happen all the time that are unintended! It's strange that they forgot to put the 'is tradeable' text on this item. Oh well, it's the first week it's here, they will fix it next week! Nevermind, it's already fixed.
    cause its a weekly lockout gear progression item, why do you think it WAS intended?
    Please, give your reasoning why you think an item that was stated to be once a week, and is used to upgrade your legendary, shoudl all be able to be funneled to one person, please, why do you think that was intended?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    People should not be banned over Blizzard mistakes, but in the end we're not buying our accounts, we pay for the pleasure to rent them, so Blizzard can do whatever they want.
    How is you trading it blizzards mistake?
    if blizzard banned you just for gettting them that would be their mistake.
    blizzard banning you for exploiting that mistake is YOUR fault.

if you go to an ATm and withdraw 10$ and it gives you 100$ that is the banks mistake.
    do it over and over till you empty the machine and then its your fault, and you going to jail for theft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BB8 View Post
    …. Malefic what?.....

Didn't reach that level of the game, since I am alting with my 100% buff, but shouldn't blizzard just make it non tradable? Or is that not so easy programming as I think it is?
    they should but it was a slip up when they made the item. and why they are banning people who abuse it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I was perma banned for my very first offense, using a fishing bot during WoD.

Banning people for this is 100% stupid. Suspensions - sure, I get that. But banning? Seems like they don't want to go in and fix it for those who did it and instead did a clean sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    blizzard banning you for exploiting that mistake is YOUR fault.
    It depends on the mistake. Some of the oversights over the years were really blatant and easy to notice but trading some items? Really? How is the majority of people expected to evaluate if this is intended or not? The right approach would have been to hotfix this ASAP and revert power gains to people that used it. Simple, but would take some development resources.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treys View Post
    I was perma banned for my very first offense, using a fishing bot during WoD.
    survey says, that was a lie.

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on the mistake. Some of the oversights over the years were really blatant and easy to notice but trading some items? Really? How is the majority of people expected to evaluate if this is intended or not? The right approach would have been to hotfix this ASAP and revert power gains to people that used it. Simple, but would take some development resources.
    When have you ever been able to trade a legendary item to another player?
    ok once or twice, the craftable legiondaries, and the enchanted elemtium.
    when have you ever been able to trade something you could only get once a week, that is intended for upgrading one of your legendaries?
    Never.

It is a legendary item, that you are locked to get 1 a week, that is made to upgrade your legendary cloak, it is not a drop, it is not a piece of gear, it is a legendary upgrade item you are locked to get 1 a week.

you have to be purposefully dull to try and pretend "No its totally normal!"

When have you ever been able to trade a legendary item to another player?
    ok once or twice, the craftable legiondaries, and the enchanted elemtium.
    when have you ever been able to trade something you could only get once a week, that is intended for upgrading one of your legendaries?
    Never.

It is a legendary item, that you are locked to get 1 a week, that is made to upgrade your legendary cloak, it is not a drop, it is not a piece of gear, it is a legendary upgrade item you are locked to get 1 a week.

you have to be purposefully dull to try and pretend "No its totally normal!"
    Simply no. The percentage of people that put even that much thought in the game is pretty low. Take the average Joe not the average mmo-champ regular. Average Joe hears in trade for this fast way to upgrade, he joins to help someone that's fully aware this is an exploit, Joe never even thinks what he's doing is wrong, he probably doesn't even know what an exploit is... 10 years of developing software has thought me that the end user will never think deeply about the product they are using. You are assuming people will just sit down and think for this stuff? Why? It's a freaking game, you don't put that much of thought in a game, otherwise you definitely have a problem. Then the ban comes, why? Because of a developer mistake... Great

All I'm saying is that Blizzard needs to fix their mistakes fast, revert whatever damage was caused and not ban people. And again I want to stress on that it depends on the exploit. If an exploit allows you to instakill everyone in a BG, then it's quite obvious, but this is not.

And legendary, epic, whatever color has lost it's meaning long long ago.
    Last edited by Nullp0inter; 2020-03-26 at 10:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Simply no. The percentage of people that put even that much thought in the game is pretty low. Take the average Joe not the average mmo-champ regular. Average Joe hears in trade for this fast way to upgrade, he joins to help someone that's fully aware this is an exploit, Joe never even thinks what he's doing is wrong, he probably doesn't even know what an exploit is... 10 years of developing software has thought me that the end user will never think deeply about the product they are using. You are assuming people will just sit down and think for this stuff? Why? It's a freaking game, you don't put that much of thought in a game, otherwise you definitely have a problem. Then the ban comes, why? Because of a developer mistake... Great

All I'm saying is that Blizzard needs to fix their mistakes fast, revert whatever damage was caused and not ban people. And again I want to stress on that it depends on the exploit. If an exploit allows you to instakill everyone in a BG, then it's quite obvious, but this is not.

And legendary, epic, whatever color has lost it's meaning long long ago.
    I love how you do this "the average jo" but fail to realize the average jo would not use this exploit.
    it requires giving up your weekly progress to another player.
    the average jo is not going to go and get friends to funnel all their alts level 15 cape upgrades into THEIR character.

stop trying to pretend exploiting is ok. the insanity to get this far, you fucking serious?
    you create this strawman of the "average jo" who is "too dumb to realise its an exploit"
    but also is NOT average enough, that they have friends willing to waste weeks of pre-set up to funnel levels all into his one charecter.
    that is not the average jo, that is an exploiter who knows what is going on, and something is up.
    the average person does not go "hey this thing i worked hard to get it tradable... hey you guys should get all your alts to filter into me!" let alone does the "average jo" have TONS of alts with a level 15 cape.

yes if people are going to sit down and think hard about how to exploit this, they also have the capability to sit down and think "wait a minute, this is an exploit"
    you have created some horribly pathetic attempt to push that the "average jo" is too stupid to think if something is an exploit or not, but is smart enough to get friends who have spent the last 11 weeks prepping for something like this, and are willing to give lal that up to power up 1 charecter.

this is not an exploit the "average jo" stumbles upon, this is an exploit only those who know its an exploit, and are willing to abuse it stumble upon.
    no average jo is gunna just go "Hey we should do this thing that requires tons of prep and time all t get SOMEONE ELSE more powerful!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Banning people for this is 100% stupid. Suspensions - sure, I get that. But banning? Seems like they don't want to go in and fix it for those who did it and instead did a clean sweep.
    ???
    Could you tell me what suspensions are?
    cause from my understanding bans and suspensions are literally the exact same thing...

- - - Updated - - -

It depends on the mistake. Some of the oversights over the years were really blatant and easy to notice but trading some items? Really? How is the majority of people expected to evaluate if this is intended or not?
    Oh yeah and back to this.
    Next expansion, you do the legendary quest and you get your shadowmourne 2.0
    for some reason you can trade it
    people do and then blizz bans them
    Nullp0inter:"trading some items? Really? How is the majority of people expected to evaluate if this is intended or not?"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-03-26 at 10:57 AM.

-snip-
    You need to take it down a notch, feeling so mad about someone else doing something illegal in a game. WTF.

7+ Year Old Account
    You need to take it down a notch, feeling so mad about someone else doing something illegal in a game. WTF.
    "feeling so mad about someone else doing something illegal in a game. WTF."
    Illegal? lol what?

Also i find it funny you have so few posts over the last 12 years, and suddenly here you are posting
    is it possible you were banned for this and arte trying to defend yourself?
    Seems quite likely speaking that only someone dull enough to actually think that being able to trade weekly locked legendary gear upgrades is normal, would be the same person to do such a thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    Is it Blizzard's fault for not ticking the box that makes it untradeable? Yeah, sure. But is it the player's fault for being so fucking stupid that they think it's okay to get more than one a week? Yeah it is.

robbers shouldnt go to jail because you forgot to lock your door,see how silly that sounds?

"feeling so mad about someone else doing something illegal in a game. WTF."
    Illegal? lol what?

Also i find it funny you have so few posts over the last 12 years, and suddenly here you are posting
    is it possible you were banned for this and arte trying to defend yourself?
    Seems quite likely speaking that only someone dull enough to actually think that being able to trade weekly locked legendary gear upgrades is normal, would be the same person to do such a thing...
    Nah, I'm very far away from having the prerequisites to even do this thing. And I find it funny that you even go as far as to look at my post count and registration date and whatever to try to personally attack me. That's really low, but whatever floats your boat You really feel personally offended, is this a common reaction with you in every thread? Probably, but I'm not going to rummage through your posts simply because I don't care.

My main account on mmo-c was deleted when they did that curse change? Not really sure what it was, ownership change? Anyhow, I'm playing expansions really slow, because you know, real life. I agree though that I did not have the full picture for this exploit, but you could have just explained calmly. I have nothing else to say, because from this point on it will only derail the thread and I'm afraid you will pop a vein somewhere. Cheers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    robbers shouldnt go to jail because you forgot to lock your door,see how silly that sounds?
    https://www.newsweek.com/atm-glithch...ralian-1255101
    I mean there is literally cases of this in real life.
    just cause a company makes mistakes, does not mean you can abuse it and get away with it.
    ATM's faulty giving out money when they shouldnt.
    sometimes the locks not working and you can just open it up.
    etc
    people go to jail cause they find these, find its wrong, and instead of reporting it, they abuse it.
    thats called stealing.
    same in the game, yes the company fucked up, but abusing that fuckup is still illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, I'm very far away from having the prerequisites to even do this thing. And I find it funny that you even go as far as to look at my post count and registration date and whatever to try to personally attack me. That's really low, but whatever floats your boat You really feel personally offended, is this a common reaction with you in every thread? Probably, but I'm not going to rummage through your posts simply because I don't care.

My main account on mmo-c was deleted when they did that curse change? Not really sure what it was, ownership change? Anyhow, I'm playing expansions really slow, because you know, real life. I agree though that I did not have the full picture for this exploit, but you could have just explained calmly. I have nothing else to say, because from this point on it will only derail the thread and I'm afraid you will pop a vein somewhere. Cheers.

Its right there my dude, i dont really need to "look at it" its literally right there.
    Nor am i really attacking you, just pointing out how i find it funny one of the few people defending doing something wrong, has not really spoken up, until a bunch of people who exploited that got in trouble for it.
    sorta like people dont really defend thievery, unless they are thieves.
    also you didnt have the full thing on it? so why not read, instead of vamintly defending it, especially since its obvious from your first post you knew exactly what it was, but you kept saying "the average jo" and "its not obvious" sounds like things someone who knows what is going on says? unless you were just talkign to talk.

also curse merger was literally more then 10 years ago, so why are you ONLY posting now, all of a sudden that the ban wave has gone out?
    This account your on was made in 2008, but the curse merger was 2010.
    but you made a thread in 2011 after the merger.
    something is fishy here.

Yeah i call BS, you are commenting here now cause you got banned for using this exploit, and now making up something about a main account that "got deleted" in the merger 10 years ago, as a reason why you havent posted since.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-03-26 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    They're supposed to say "This is obviously unintended, as the game is specifically designed around Corruption Resistance going up slowly over time for each player, not a single group member at a higher rate at a time. I should report this, as it's obviously unintented, and not continue to do so as it's clearly not intended and I will likely get in trouble."

There is no math involved. You don't need to know EXACTLY how fast your corruption resist will go up, to know it will go up faster if 4 people trade you their otherwise-unobtainable-this-week item.

It'd be like if items from your weekly mythic+ chest could be traded to people who you did the mythic+ chest with. That would be broken, because it would mean having more than one account gives you more than one reward per week. Mythic raiders would be expected to run with unlimited accounts, each one needing to complete a +15, so that they maximize the chances of getting their items as fast as possible.

Each account adds another item to the pool of items you could potentially get. Each person who trades a malefic core adds another bit of corruption resistance, allowing you to wear items with greater detriments because your corruption resist just gets rid of the detriment. They are, in exactly the same ways, abusing the system.

The simple way of thinking is: If it seems wrong, don't do it. If you're trying to avoid respawn timers, you're in the wrong. If you're forcing things to spawn when they shouldn't, you're in the wrong. If you're avoiding lockout timers, you're in the wrong. If you're doing ANYTHING out of the ordinary in order to cause an event to occur repeatedly that you know would not normally occur if you didn't do said thing, and you know the event is likely not SUPPOSED to occur that way, you are in the wrong.

It's really that simple. If you're in the wrong, it's up to Blizzard to decide how you get punished for it, and at what severity.
    Im not gonna spend much time defending exploiters here...

Im just of the opinion, perma banning someone because he decided to be a smartass in a videogame...a little too much.
    Specially when it was not a scam and no players were harmed.

Getting one upgrade item from a friend, I could understand that. But if someone has gotten 4 items from friends... I mean in that case it's not testing "is this for real?" it's intentional and planned because no average Joe runs visions and then gives legendary quality item, which can only be acquired once a week, to a friend. Maybe one, but a party of 4 or 3? You have to request that.
    People really love to play stupid or victims in such situations. In game and in real life.

This is just my opinion.
    If Blizzard programmed their game "wrong" is their fault.

This is a videogame and not sacred grounds like real life.

Instead of banning why not simply remove the things they gained?

The other example i gave actually happened...in Beta...so well never know what would happen if it went live.
    Beta was unplayable because of the known bug of "naked pvp".
    To decentivize people of abusing wherever they can if the only punishment is removal of earned rewards through it. There is no guarantee that blizzard detects 100% of exploits so there should be a high risk to abuse it or you will have a bad time in this game.
    Most exploits are pretty obvious and people who cry after they got banned are idiots and try to lift their ban which they knew is legit if they get caught.

I wish there would be an equal attention and punishment for botters in this game, sadly it isnt and the result is there. We can be glad that other types of cheats arent present in this game or banned immediately like speed or stat cheats (i dont think thats even possible). Take a look at all the shooters out there especially BRs. Full of aimbots and other scum, yea im glad blizzard has atleast to some degree a hard stance against exploits. F*** abusers and cheaters they are the worst in online gaming and i hope the second you use one you can perma banned.
    Last edited by Arai; 2020-03-26 at 11:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im not gonna spend much time defending exploiters here...

Im just of the opinion, perma banning someone because he decided to be a smartass in a videogame...a little too much.
    Specially when it was not a scam and no players were harmed.
    Perma banning someone cause they decided to exploit the video game, not once, not twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES, is not "a little much"
    How many retries do you give someone before you say "fuck it your gone"
    to which they just buy another account and start again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Getting one upgrade item from a friend, I could understand that. But if someone has gotten 4 items from friends... I mean in that case it's not testing "is this for real?" it's intentional and planned because no average Joe runs visions and then gives legendary quality item, which can only be acquired once a week, to a friend. Maybe one, but a party of 4 or 3? You have to request that.
    People really love to play stupid or victims in such situations. In game and in real life.
    blizz usually takes this into account, i have exploited many things over the years, but its usually i do it once or twice then notice "wait a minute this is not normal..." then stop.
    blizz looks to these as "Tried, and noticed, then stopped" which is fine by them. if you traded it, then used it cause you wanted to see if it was real, no ban, i know a few people who are unbanned and did it once.
    but if you do it over and over, you know whats going on.

BFA 8.3 dailies reset.
    poition stacking (i had 2, i acidently double clicked, it used one, then it used the second, which then as a single stack counted, and gave me 2 buffs)
    Legion world quest reset
    Legion dauntless eyes daily reset
    wod dailies reset
    etc