Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Where are these rules spelled out in the game? I didn't even see an update about Malefic Cores. I just did a vision and it popped in my inventory.
    Goggle is crazy hard to use, so I'll save you the confusion.

"Players who are at the limit of the cloak’s progression can receive one Malefic Core from the first of these two activities completed each week, and can continue to upgrade their cloak with a Malefic Core once per week for the remainder of Visions of N’Zoth." - a blue post from 20 days ago, the info has since been mentioned multiple times on wowhead, mmoc, and lots of other places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arai View Post
    To decentivize people of abusing wherever they can if the only punishment is removal of earned rewards through it. There is no guarantee that blizzard detects 100% of exploits so there should be a high risk to abuse it or you will have a bad time in this game.
    Most exploits are pretty obvious and people who cry after they got banned are idiots and try to lift their ban which they knew is legit if they get caught.

I wish there would be an equal attention and punishment for botters in this game, sadly it isnt and the result is there. We can be glad that other types of cheats arent present in this game or banned immediately like speed or stat cheats (i dont think thats even possible). Take a look at all the shooters out there especially BRs. Full of aimbots and other scum, yea im glad blizzard has atleast to some degree a hard stance against exploits. F*** abusers and cheaters they are the worst in online gaming and i hope the second you use one you can perma banned.
    The people who constantly defend or make excuses for cheaters are worse most of the time. The cheaters at least usually understand they are doing wrong. The ones who defend them will try to convince you that it's ok to cheat.

Well then people shouldn't exploit stuff that is clearly unintended.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Perma banning someone cause they decided to exploit the video game, not once, not twice, but MULTIPLE TIMES, is not "a little much"
    How many retries do you give someone before you say "fuck it your gone"
    to which they just buy another account and start again.
    Its just that i used to be a avid viewer of the site Owned**** (forbidden to say on this forums)
    And i understand the "thrill" of doing things "you are not supposed to do" in a multimillion dollar MMO.

I mostly only did small things...like being a giant...and model change.

Quote Originally Posted by Molvonos View Post
    Its this shit, this lack of common sense and intelligence that had me put you on ignore the first time.

And here we go again, until this account gets banned and you make Shaadoowpunk. And then Shaadoowpuunk.

You're not even offering logical debate or discourse, you're just rehashing the same shit that so many people, who have been banned, cried and spewed, despite using bots, cheats and hacks (in a plethora of games, not just wow). You cannot see or fathom how breaking the rules, which YOU SIGN when you make your account and log in each and every day (The (T)erms (O)f (S)ervice).

Last time I respond to you. Last time anyone should respond to this either clear trolling or willful ignorance, I'm unsure which is worse.
    Shadoow is an obvious troll, or he is that special kind of stupid where his family tree closely resembles the international symbol for recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Perma ban seems a touch extreme.
    there are no perm bans.. OP just wanted to cause panic with 0 evidence, as is the norm here.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    there are no perm bans.. OP just wanted to cause panic with 0 evidence, as is the norm here.
    Depends on previous # of infractions; obviously you failed to comprehend here.. carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You obviously seem to come to MMO-C rather regularly, so I don't know how you missed this:

It was posted on March 11 on the front page, and stayed there for quite a few days.
    So you are confirming that it's not in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    cause its a weekly lockout gear progression item, why do you think it WAS intended?
    Please, give your reasoning why you think an item that was stated to be once a week, and is used to upgrade your legendary, shoudl all be able to be funneled to one person, please, why do you think that was intended?
    Have you been paying attention? It is never mentioned to be a once a week item in the game. Hell, there isn't even any information about it in the game. Every other weekly lockout gear progression item that's not quest based can be funneled. What makes this one different?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Goggle is crazy hard to use, so I'll save you the confusion.

"Players who are at the limit of the cloak’s progression can receive one Malefic Core from the first of these two activities completed each week, and can continue to upgrade their cloak with a Malefic Core once per week for the remainder of Visions of N’Zoth." - a blue post from 20 days ago, the info has since been mentioned multiple times on wowhead, mmoc, and lots of other places.
    So, it's not in the game. Crazy, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you are confirming that it's not in the game?
    You're just playing dumb, right now. It's written, plain and simple, in the game's official website. It's where the announcements are made. The game does have a button that sends you to the game's official website where you can check announcements.

But you know what else is "not in the game"? The game's freaking rules and EULA. Are you going to claim ignorance of those, too? That the game doesn't "spell it out" that cheating is a bannable offense?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

You're just playing dumb, right now. It's written, plain and simple, in the game's official website. It's where the announcements are made. The game does have a button that sends you to the game's official website where you can check announcements.

But you know what else is "not in the game"? The game's freaking rules and EULA. Are you going to claim ignorance of those, too? That the game doesn't "spell it out" that cheating is a bannable offense?
    Yes, I am, and that's the point. Bans should not happen unless cheating took place. This is not cheating. It is applying a game mechanic. You can only earn 1 raid item per week, yet they can be traded to you. This item can also be traded to you. It's not different.

EULA is in the game. I don't know why you think it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am, and that's the point. Bans should not happen unless cheating took place. This is not cheating. It is applying a game mechanic.
    It is cheating because it's exploitation of a bug.

You can only earn 1 raid item per week, yet they can be traded to you.
    Blizzard also announced that raid loot can be traded to those who are elligible.
    This item can also be traded to you.
    Blizzard also announced that you're limited to 1 item if at cap, or 2 if you're catching up.
    It's not different.
    They are very different.

EULA is in the game. I don't know why you think it's not.
    OkY. Show me the IN-GAME button that brings up the EULA.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

It is cheating because it's exploitation of a bug.

Blizzard also announced that raid loot can be traded to those who are elligible.

Blizzard also announced that you're limited to 1 item if at cap, or 2 if you're catching up.

They are very different.

OkY. Show me the IN-GAME button that brings up the EULA.
    How are players to know which in-game programmed mechanics are bugs and which are not?

Blizzard also announced that this item can be traded to those who are eligible. It is on the item itself.

This announcement did not appear in game. Is there required literature that players must read in order to not be banned? When was this announced?

They aren't.

Right here.

How are players to know which in-game programmed mechanics are bugs and which are not?

Blizzard also announced that this item can be traded to those who are eligible. It is on the item itself.

This announcement did not appear in game. Is there required literature that players must read in order to not be banned? When was this announced?
    Doesn't matter. The announcement and thus the information was publically available. Somebody choosing not to inform themselves can still be held responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    Depends on previous # of infractions; obviously you failed to comprehend here.. carry on.
    so.. it's not a perm ban for trading the cores, just for being stupid many many times beforehand? Ok! so you're factually wrong in your title. Carry on

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop acting dumb. The game has a website where they make the announcements. A website that you can connect to from in-game through the "community site" button on the login page. The game also has a launcher, that also allows you to connect to the community website.

That is a bug. Blizzard has outright spelled out in black and white that you can only use ONE if at cap, or TWO if you're catching up. If you honestly cannot differentiate a bug from an intended mechanic, that's your problem.

Stop acting dumb. The "required literature" is on the official website, where all news are publicly announced, and they even keep a history of the recent news.

They aren't.
    • "Mechanic A" works just like Blizzard said it would.
    • "Mechanic B" works differently than Blizzard said it would.
    Yes, they are different.

I'll repeat:
    Show me the IN-GAME BUTTON that brings up the EULA.
    Because, just like you like to complain that "it's not in-game", I can say there's no button to access the EULA and Terms of Service in the game. I haven't seen the EULA show up since BfA launch. It doesn't even show anymore when content patches hit. But if you're going to show a screen that shows up once in a blue moon in the game, I can also point out that you have a ticket system, in-game, where you can contact GMs, also in-game, to ask them what is allowed and what isn't.

And, like @huth said: the information is publicly available. Choosing not to inform yourself does not absolve you from responsibility.

This is an analogy to what you're doing:
    • You pay a gym membership, and you show up there every two-three days.
    • The gym has a board near the entrance where the rules are posted, as well as any warnings and rule updates.
    • You ignore the board every time you enter the gym, meaning you miss anything written there.
    • You then complain when the rules punish you, because management didn't come to you personally to inform you about the rules.
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-03-26 at 04:37 PM.

Stop acting dumb. The game has a website where they make the announcements. A website that you can connect to from in-game through the "community site" button on the login page. The game also has a launcher, that also allows you to connect to the community website.

That is a bug. Blizzard has outright spelled out in black and white that you can only use ONE if at cap, or TWO if you're catching up. If you honestly cannot differentiate a bug from an intended mechanic, that's your problem.

Stop acting dumb.

• "Mechanic A" works just like Blizzard said it would.
    • "Mechanic B" works differently than Blizzard said it would.
    Yes, they are different.

I'll repeat:

Because, just like you like to complain that "it's not in-game", I can say there's no button to access the EULA and Terms of Service in the game. I haven't seen the EULA show up since BfA launch. It doesn't even show anymore when content patches hit. But if you're going to show a screen that shows up once in a blue moon in the game, I can also point out that you have a ticket system, in-game, where you can contact GMs, also in-game, to ask them what is allowed and what isn't.

And, like @huth said: the information is publicly available. Choosing not to inform yourself does not absolve you from responsibility.
    I see you have no real points here except 'you're dumb' which is really not a good point.

You also seem to think that one mechanic that Blizzard officially announces is more accurate than another mechanic that Blizzard officially announces. I'll never live a life so arbitrarily as you do.

You are also cherry picking my in-game philosophy by insisting that things permanently be accessible in game. It's in the game. You read it. You are aware of it. It's not reasonable to require players ask GMs what is allowed every time a player has a question. Also, in this case, not possible. GM response time is typically greater than 2 hours, meaning the trade would no longer be possible. I'll choose to obey game mechanics.

It's clear that we fundamentally disagree on what constitutes banning players. I prefer that bans should be done for cheating. You prefer bans to happen for more than just cheating. I will never agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    There is a big difference from obviously it being a broken/overpowered mechanic AND if its justified to ban people over it.

I dont understand the logic of banning people over a Blizzards mistake.
    Are people supposed to do the math themselves and figure out "this is overpowered and blizzard messed up"?
    If you notice that something is happening that is obviously not supposed to happen and decide to take advantage of it, you deserve to be banned. The whole "banning people for blizzard's mistake" is so absolutely stupid. It's in the ToS to not take advantage of bugs. So if you notice a bug and say "fuck it" and start taking advantage of it? Eat the ban if you're caught, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Doesn't matter. The announcement and thus the information was publically available. Somebody choosing not to inform themselves can still be held responsible.
    How much research is required for players to play the game without being banned for playing it as it's intended? Asking for a friend.

I see you have no real points here except 'you're dumb' which is really not a good point.

You also seem to think that one mechanic that Blizzard officially announces is more accurate than another mechanic that Blizzard officially announces. I'll never live a life so arbitrarily as you do.

You are also cherry picking my in-game philosophy by insisting that things permanently be accessible in game. It's in the game. You read it. You are aware of it. It's not reasonable to require players ask GMs what is allowed every time a player has a question. Also, in this case, not possible. GM response time is typically greater than 2 hours, meaning the trade would no longer be possible. I'll choose to obey game mechanics.

It's clear that we fundamentally disagree on what constitutes banning players. I prefer that bans should be done for cheating. You prefer bans to happen for more than just cheating. I will never agree with you.
    "I've never been able to do this before. Suddenly I'm able to do it without any kind of announcement from Blizzard! I am justified in using this new thing despite no information on it." This logic is absolutely just people trying to weasel out of being banned and trying to put the blame on Blizzard instead.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "I've never been able to do this before. Suddenly I'm able to do it without any kind of announcement from Blizzard! I am justified in using this new thing despite no information on it." This logic is absolutely just people trying to weasel out of being banned and trying to put the blame on Blizzard instead.
    No one has been able to do it because it's literally the first time it's ever been implemented into the game. Insisting people know exactly what Blizzard means with two conflicting reports - one via a forum, and one via the game itself - is a bad policy. Especially when the majority of the playerbase does not read forums.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-03-26 at 04:57 PM.

No one has been able to do it because it's literally the first time it's ever been implemented into the game. Insisting people know exactly what Blizzard means with two conflicting reports - one via a forum, and one via the game itself - is a bad policy. Especially when the majority of the playerbase does not read forums.
    If they don't read shit then that's on them and not Blizzard. Claiming ignorance is not a proper defense, especially for a 15 year old game. It was implemented. It was a bug.