Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    This is wrong.
    Lmao no it really isn't. The ToS was written, saying you will be punished for using exploits and bugs. You AGREED to the ToS when you started playing the game. To say Blizzard shouldn't punish people is just showing that you have total disregard for the rules set in place for the game and think you should get away with whatever you want. This is just one of many opinions you are absolutely wrong about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is not about the semantics of what is or isn't an opinion or correct, and it's not about racism. Return to the actual topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Lmao no it really isn't. The ToS was written, saying you will be punished for using exploits and bugs. You AGREED to the ToS when you started playing the game. To say Blizzard shouldn't punish people is just showing that you have total disregard for the rules set in place for the game and think you should get away with whatever you want. This is just one of many opinions you are absolutely wrong about.
    Sure, if you want to never again see any "legends" being made ingame with insanely funny exploits...
    Lets all just behave and be robots and sheeps...just like a good boy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Sure, if you want to never again see any "legends" being made ingame with insanely funny exploits...
    The thing is though Blizzard usually doesn't take action for a "one time" thing that makes someone a legend in your eyes. The mage that cleared the Military wing didn't get in trouble because he found something. But because they exploited it for advancing the progress/gear of the guild. There is nothing wrong with following the rules. It is contradictory to have an attitude like yours yet also balk at any punishment you may have.

If you want to be the "bad boy" as you call it then shouldn't you also be perfectly fine with the repercussions of breaking the rules?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The thing is though Blizzard usually doesn't take action for a "one time" thing that makes someone a legend in your eyes. The mage that cleared the Military wing didn't get in trouble because he found something. But because they exploited it for advancing the progress/gear of the guild. There is nothing wrong with following the rules. It is contradictory to have an attitude like yours yet also balk at any punishment you may have.

If you want to be the "bad boy" as you call it then shouldn't you also be perfectly fine with the repercussions of breaking the rules?
    I highly doubt those accusations the guy tried to feed loot to his guild.
    We are talking about the same guy who did 2 man Loatheb.
    The raid was piss easy. Why in the world would anyone need "help" to clear naxxramas in wrath? Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard

If he did..it was for the lolz im pretty sure

Because there is no such thing as "progression" in Wrath Naxx.
    You enter the instance, you kill the cat...and then you kill all bosses.

But why am i a "bad boy" for being a smartass in a videogame? Its a videogame...the very first thing a gamer tries in every game is to exploit it.
    Be it by making a "build" or picking the "rocket launcher" to one shot mobs...its the very first thing we do.
    Why ban hammer? Just to prove a point and to spread fear ofcourse...keep things under control.
    I guess i understand
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-27 at 11:59 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can doubt it all you want. It is what happen and why he received a ban. There was still progression, and gearing up, in WotLK. There is no reason to deny basic things.

You used the term good boy. The opposite of that is bad boy. Just because something is a video game doesn't mean it doesn't have rules and that those rules should be followed. Not every gamer tries to exploit and break the rules. You have an over inflated sense of gaming. If you don't understand why punish for breaking rules then there isn't much to discuss. That is what happens with rules.

They don't enforce rules to spread fear. They enforce them because those are the rules of the game. I can't just knock the King off a chess board because it is against the rules. You are arguing I should be allowed to do so because all is fair and rules are meant to be broken.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

There is SO MUCH you can do in the game that's incredible that doesn't require exploits or bugs. I really have absolutely no sympathy for people who get banned after blatantly breaching the ToS.

- - - Updated - - -

We are talking about the same guy who did 2 man Loatheb.
    The raid was piss easy. Why in the world would anyone need "help" to clear naxxramas in wrath? Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard

If he did..it was for the lolz im pretty sure

Because there is no such thing as "progression" in Wrath Naxx.
    You enter the instance, you kill the cat...and then you kill all bosses.

But why am i a "bad boy" for being a smartass in a videogame? Its a videogame...the very first thing a gamer tries in every game is to exploit it.
    Be it by making a "build" or picking the "rocket launcher" to one shot mobs...its the very first thing we do.
    Why ban hammer? Just to prove a point and to spread fear ofcourse...keep things under control.
    I guess i understand
    To address THIS comment, exploiting bugs in SINGLE PLAYER games is fine. When you do it in an MMO, you are fucking with the experience for other players too.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ???
    Could you tell me what suspensions are?
    cause from my understanding bans and suspensions are literally the exact same thing...
    People use these terms too interchangeably these days. Banning is meant to be an indefinite thing, while a Suspension is meant to be a finite thing. I'm assuming people are getting permanently suspended for this - but maybe not? I hadn't looked too deeply into it, just seeing what people have said and a ban for this seems, extreme. Although if it's on their tally system where you keep abusing things, then I can understand that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    People use these terms too interchangeably these days. Banning is meant to be an indefinite thing, while a Suspension is meant to be a finite thing. I'm assuming people are getting permanently suspended for this - but maybe not? I hadn't looked too deeply into it, just seeing what people have said and a ban for this seems, extreme. Although if it's on their tally system where you keep abusing things, then I can understand that.
    No, people are only getting perma banned if this is like their fourth ban

every time you break the rules you get a bigger and bigger punishment the next time, thats what they do.
    people who are geting perma banned for this, have been banned time and time again before.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    survey says, that was a lie.[Q
    No, it's not a lie. Why would I lie to you? I don't even play WoW any more. But my account was perma banned in WoD. The vague reason they gave was "Automated gameplay" or something, and the only cheating I had done was a fishing bot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetdeal View Post
    My friend has ~ 10 cores traded and not banned, I guess they dont give a real fuck. Mostly only to people who did this 20+times
    Armory link pls, because my friend has done it 40 times and is not banned!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    why would anyone give a link to someone who has exploited so you can report them?
    then there is no point in claiming anything like that. Not verifiable and very unlikely. I am yet to see anyone with 59 corr.

Quote Originally Posted by Treys View Post
    No, it's not a lie. Why would I lie to you? I don't even play WoW any more. But my account was perma banned in WoD. The vague reason they gave was "Automated gameplay" or something, and the only cheating I had done was a fishing bot.
    Yeah it's totally unfair that you got banned for "Automated gameplay"
    Especially when all you did was
    *Checking post*
    Automating.. Your.. Gameplay.
    Oh

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    "I was unfairly banned for botting when I was botting!"
    Small Mistake here, you not get banned for botting. Only if you really hard exploit economy, but up to 3-4 mio / Month is fine without ban :P

You are never banned on first offense, so, with that in mind, you're either:
    • Lying that you've been perma-banned;
    • Lying that this is your first offense.

So which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You are never banned on first offense, so, with that in mind, you're either:
    • Lying that you've been perma-banned;
    • Lying that this is your first offense.

So which one is it?
    Except that my account was infact perma banned for my first offense, and I've the letter to prove it. How are you arm chair experts going to tell me when it -happened- to me? Also, what would I have to gain by lying to you, random person on an internet forum? I swear people have too much time on their hands these days

Edit: Here's the proof. I brought up the fact that it was my first offense. This is the response I got. All my personal info is edited out.

https://imgur.com/a/bvB09Cb

Please note the "Each case is different from another, what we may of done in the past does not stick for present or future offenses, whether it be the first or many." Do not trust that Blizz never bans for a first offense, because I know that they do.
    Last edited by Treys; 2020-04-04 at 06:10 PM.

Except that my account was infact perma banned for my first offense, and I've the letter to prove it.
    No. You don't. At best, you have a letter that proves you have been banned. But you don't have a letter that says "we're banning you on your first offense" or something to that effect.

Blizzard has never perma-banned on first offense, and every time I've seen someone claim they were perma-banned on first offense, in this forum or on Reddit, were shown to be omitting important information.

How are you arm chair experts going to tell me when it -happened- to me?
    By pointing out how it has never happened before, and by pointing out how every time someone made the same claim in the past, they were often shown to not be telling the whole truth, while the others were never proven either way.

Also, what would I have to gain by lying to you, random person on an internet forum?
    Attention, and fanning the flames of hatred against Blizzard

I swear people have too much time on their hands these days
    Right back at you.

Son, did ya even look at the letter?

In the past blizzard banned on first offense if it was severe enough (although extremely rare).

Now they give you a 6 month vacay instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    In the past blizzard banned on first offense if it was severe enough (although extremely rare).

Now they give you a 6 month vacay instead.
    My ban happened back in 2016. The thing that gets me is, I was perma banned, first offense, for a fishing bot. Meanwhile back then there were tons of honor buddy bots in pvp, and those only got 6 month suspensions.