Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - March 24, 2020

Patch 8.3 Hotfixes - March 24, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids

• Atal’Dazar
      • Priestess Alun’za
        • The ground visual for Tainted Blood should remain visible when Projected Textures is disabled in the System Settings menu.

• Temple of Sethraliss
      • Spark Channeler
        • The ground visual for Call Lightning should remain visible when Projected Textures is disabled in the System Settings menu.

People still play without projected textures enabled? Disabling it shouldn't even be an option in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just remove the option to disable em in the first place, 99% of the time they are crucial to see.

Literally created an account to post on this! OMG I was wondering why the heck I could never understand why sometimes I would get one shot by some lightening that i could never see!!. And just today I was in ToS and I could see the stuff on the floor for the first time ever! I play on a low end spec so all my settings are quite low. Didn't know how bloody important that thing is! Thank you Blizz!

I have had to turn mine off to try and help the terrible lag/slowness I've experienced since BFA

Unfortunately it's a required option and despite me playing on a potato PC with Intel Graphics i have to agree, disabling it shouldn't be an option considering how important it is to the gameplay. I realized it back in Cata and there weren't a lot of dangerous stuff during that time, since then i've always played with it on High just to be sure.

And speaking of performance(SSD users, begone!), anyone else got a stupid huge loading time on Boralus or Legion's Dalaran?

One and half year into expansion.... was about time...

Im sure its time for tab targeting to break again and take near a whole xpac to fix.

Ive not seen any dala loading screens of death or similar version since Legion when I bought my first SSD. The only thing I ever noticed is when they are getting attacked or in the 2 rehashed zones for 8.3's wonderful content.. those zones will lag pretty bad at times.

If your load times suck.. SSD users are gone they are in game lol
    When I last played on a fossil fuel hard drive i kept everything at min and only turned particle density up
    On that note my dino did just burn up a couple months ago it wasnt used but eh guess stuff happens.

They need to introduce an option to tone down spell effects of other players or stop having humanoid size raid bosses. Or remove parry from such bosses. I can't tell where xanesh is facing most of the time and have to focus really hard to not standbin void ritual puddles because of all the eplosions happening

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheel View Post
    Unfortunately it's a required option and despite me playing on a potato PC with Intel Graphics i have to agree, disabling it shouldn't be an option considering how important it is to the gameplay. I realized it back in Cata and there weren't a lot of dangerous stuff during that time, since then i've always played with it on High just to be sure.

And speaking of performance(SSD users, begone!), anyone else got a stupid huge loading time on Boralus or Legion's Dalaran?
    Try this script:
    Code:
    /console worldPreloadNonCritical 0
    and /reload after, it should help a little bit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Why is that even an option?

How about hiding health, mana and action bars as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Why is that even an option?

How about hiding health, mana and action bars as well?
    All my actionbars are hidden, why would you ever look at that clusterfuck when you organize it so much better with weakauras.

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Im sure its time for tab targeting to break again and take near a whole xpac to fix.
    Oh fuck don't even joke about that. I'm glad that it somewhat works as expeted at the moment.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it laughable how it's this late in the expansion and they're still tweaking dungeons that came out on release with fixes that should've been implemented 1.5 years ago.

And still no nerfs for overwhelming specs. Fixing an issue after 1 1/2 years is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Kataroku View Post
    People still play without projected textures enabled? Disabling it shouldn't even be an option in the first place.
    I agree with this. It's a stupid setting. For a few months I had it off for some reason I still don't know. It made encounters way, way harder and I had to be extremely observant to other things. An example of how ridiculous it can be, the neck boost quest(in Highmountain) the falling rocks do not leave a marker on the ground as they fall with it off. I had to specifically look up in the ceiling and find "safe" spots to fight the last boss. There are countless of encounters in the game that uses projected textures and it should be by default always on. Just like you said.

They need to remove the option to disable em in the first place, 99% of the time they are crucial to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally created an account to post on this!