RtB Confusion about reroll

Hi Team,

After reading various Outlaw guides for 8.3 I’m still not sure when to reroll in M+ scenario.

Here are my assumptions:

AOE: reroll if not grand melee, ruthless precision or 2, 5 of any
    ST: reroll if not ruthless precision or 2, 5 of any

However:

AOE: Some guides favor to also keep a single broadside buff
    ST: Some guides say reroll if not broadside, 2, 5 of any - and some even advice to reroll if not grand melee, precision or 2, 5 of any.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks tons!

Quote Originally Posted by Baka808 View Post
    Hi Team,

After reading various Outlaw guides for 8.3 I’m still not sure when to reroll in M+ scenario.

Here are my assumptions:

However:

ST: Some guides say reroll if not broadside, 2, 5 of any - and some even advice to reroll if not grand melee, precision or 2, 5 of any.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks tons!
    Keeping single broadside with Ace Up Your Sleeves might be good cause you can can pump more finishers. Or you keep it cause you know trash ain't gonna live long enough. But if you know trash is not gonna live long enough, you basically never reroll. I can't explain why i'd keep a single broadside for a ST fight unless it is about to die soon or you have to finish an add quickly.

Apart from situational adjustments you just follow the simple reroll logic assuming you play Ace Up Your Sleeve and Deadshot, which is the way to go. On ST you only keep ruthless precision as single, otherwiese you reroll until you get 2+. You don't keep a single GM with that build anymore. For AoE you keep either a single RP, GM or you fish for any buff combination unless it is skull and crossbones with buried treasure or true bearing since Keep Your Wits About You = skull and crossbones. So your assumptions are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Baka808 View Post
    Hi Team,

Here are my assumptions:

However:

AoE: Broadsides is great for AoE (even 2 target) because it lets you pump many more finishers in a shorter window of time, and you're very frequently going to proc SS due to Keep Your Wits About You, which also means those SS hits are gonna hit pretty decently too, and both hits get the 20% damage bonus. If you could consistently get a high-to-100% proc rate on SS even on single-target, Broadsides would likely be worth keeping there too. Oh and Skull & Crossbones is bad for AoE because of Wits, so if you get S&C on a 2-buff, it's considered a 1-buff roll, so reroll if you wouldn't solo keep the other buff.

TL;DR: For 2+ targets (any scenario where you use BF): Keep GM, RP, BS, or 2+ buffs. If you proc S&C on a 2-buff, it's considered 1-buff (so reroll if TB or BT, but still keep if RP/GM/BS).

ST: What guide is saying to reroll if not Broadsides??? That's weird. RP is definitely correct, and GM isn't too far off so it's worth keeping if the Leech is useful. On fights where you take no damage though and the Leech is wasted, GM is still pretty close but not *as* useful. If I'm trying to push damage very hard, sometimes I'll reroll GM and sometimes I won't. As for BS, I really don't know what to say there; that's odd as hell, unless they're saying 2-targets, in which case, that's considered "AoE" because it's a period when you would pop BF. I would follow the Wowhead guide though as even the Ravenholdt website says to go with it.

If you still need more info, I'd recommend checking the class discord (Ravenholdt) and looking at the pins in the Outlaw channel before asking.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    AoE: Broadsides is great for AoE (even 2 target) because it lets you pump many more finishers in a shorter window of time, and you're very frequently going to proc SS due to Keep Your Wits About You, which also means those SS hits are gonna hit pretty decently too, and both hits get the 20% damage bonus. If you could consistently get a high-to-100% proc rate on SS even on single-target, Broadsides would likely be worth keeping there too. Oh and Skull & Crossbones is bad for AoE because of Wits, so if you get S&C on a 2-buff, it's considered a 1-buff roll, so reroll if you wouldn't solo keep the other buff.

TL;DR: For 2+ targets (any scenario where you use BF): Keep GM, RP, BS, or 2+ buffs. If you proc S&C on a 2-buff, it's considered 1-buff (so reroll if TB or BT, but still keep if RP/GM/BS).

ST: What guide is saying to reroll if not Broadsides??? That's weird. RP is definitely correct, and GM isn't too far off so it's worth keeping if the Leech is useful. On fights where you take no damage though and the Leech is wasted, GM is still pretty close but not *as* useful. If I'm trying to push damage very hard, sometimes I'll reroll GM and sometimes I won't. As for BS, I really don't know what to say there; that's odd as hell, unless they're saying 2-targets, in which case, that's considered "AoE" because it's a period when you would pop BF. I would follow the Wowhead guide though as even the Ravenholdt website says to go with it.

If you still need more info, I'd recommend checking the class discord (Ravenholdt) and looking at the pins in the Outlaw channel before asking.
    Keeping a single BS with deadshot is actually stated in the wowhead guide.

"Deadshot: Always use Between the Eyes instead of Dispatch when not on cooldown. Your re-rolling strategy for Roll the Bones changes to keep any 2+ buffs or a single Broadside."