Poll: You have to eliminate 2 original races which would you pick?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If you had to eliminate 2 of these original races, which would it be?

Ok Suppose that you worked for Blizzard and for a temporary or long period of time they were going to eliminate 2 of the original existing races in wow, however those that already have a character could keep it, but after a specific time, no new characters of that race could be made, which one would you eliminate?

Humans
    Orcs
    Night Elves
    Trolls
    Dwarves
    Undead
    Gnomes
    Tauren

All the other races stay the same.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Remove undead so that Sylvanas fucks off never to be seen again at the end of WotLK. Remove gnomes because they are the most expendable Alliance race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Gnomes and Undead always felt kinda forced as playable races for anyone who was a big Warcraft III fan.
    Pfft Gnomes are perfect and adorable, I fucking love Gnomes. NEVER!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans and Orcs.

Tauren and Gnomes...

Taurens never fitted the horde but also have nothing to do with the alliance.

And Gnomes... because... well gnomes and goblins are the reason wow is not particular fantasy and more science fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Tauren and Gnomes...

Taurens never fitted the horde but also have nothing to do with the alliance.

And Gnomes... because... well gnomes and goblins are the reason wow is not particular fantasy and more science fantasy
    did you ever play wc3? Taurens are like the whole reason the horde survived on Kalimdor.

Undead made sense at the time but in hindsight were a huge mistake storywise.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was inclined to say Gnomes, mostly because they dont have a city and they feel out of place, but i went with Undeads and NE, both of them should be separate faction, which on their own.

They always felt out of place in Horde and Alliance, and that would kinda make sense after Warcraft 3 (It had 4 factions), also is the easiest option to balance out, since both factions lose a city and control on the other continent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zylos View Post
    did you ever play wc3? Taurens are like the whole reason the horde survived on Kalimdor.
    Damn those people right? a shame reforged suck and they will never experience how great it was War3

- - - Updated - - -

Expanding on this idea, Teldrasil should be placed a bit on the South, closer to Feralas. That way 4 factions each controlling a portion of the map would be possible if they ever wanted.

NE - West/South Kalimdor
    Horde - East/North Kalimdor

Alliance - South EK
    Scourge - North EK
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2020-03-25 at 06:51 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Gnomes and Undead always felt kinda forced as playable races for anyone who was a big Warcraft III fan.
    Agreed,

Although Gnomes were already present in Warcraft 2, they didn't deserve to have such a prominent place as a playable race. They should've been a minor presence next to Dwarves and not playable.

Forsaken are fine but didn't make sense with the Horde. That was quite a lore asspull. They should've been a non playable neutral faction or simply hostile.

Literally played as Undead in War3.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Ok Suppose that you worked for Blizzard and for a temporary or long period of time they were going to eliminate 2 of the original existing races in wow, however those that already have a character could keep it, but after a specific time, no new characters of that race could be made, which one would you eliminate?

Humans
    Orcs
    Night Elves
    Trolls
    Dwarves
    Undead
    Gnomes
    Tauren

In light of the events of BfA, I’d say Undead & Night Elves. I imagine efficient minded players would say eliminate the races with the weakest racials.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Thats actually a very easy answer: undead and night elves. Simply because they should have been their own independant factions.

Undead and a tie between troll/tauren/gnome

Can I choose option "none"?

Even if there are races that I have no interest in playing or dislike, like Undead, I like having other players being different creatures. Diversity is good.

But if I had to eliminate 2 races at gunpoint, I'd go with humans and orcs and made them NPC only. Humans because they are boring af (never understood the appeal of playing humans in fantasy games full of diversive races but whaetever) and orcs for balance.

Gnomes. Got that Gnomebane title real quick when that became a thing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomes and Trolls or Undeads but I like the Undeads :V

Voted for Trolls and Gnomes. Trolls are the race I like the least in the whole game, and even though I like Gnomes more than Dwarves, just can't have WoW without dwarves. I'd have removed Night Elves as they made no sense in the Alliance, but can't have WoW without any elves, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Humans
    Orcs
    Night Elves
    Trolls
    Dwarves
    Undead
    Gnomes
    Tauren

Troll, cause they just feel like a mix of orc and elf, but with the "Tribal" style of tauren. not even having their own starting zone.
    and i would say gnome, but i actually rather say dwarf, cause if your gunna have a "short" race, its better to have one WAY shorter, then only a "bit shorter" that way it sticks out more.

Nightelves and Undead.
    (As compensation there could have been Goblins for Horde and Highelves/Bloodelves for the Alliance instead.)

I would have loved a more Horde centered Kalimdor and perhaps a focus on Orcclans settling different regions.

And the Alliance trying to reclaim lost territories (Lordaeron/Grim Batol/Gnomeregan).