Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    How much does visions boost go for? I mean, I can easily solo a 1 mask run with another person just standing around and I reckon up to 3 masks (not long night and daredevil) should be doable, if they have the +200 sanity trait and decent cloak rank

  2. #82
    Titan Charge me Doctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Russia, Chelyabinsk (Tankograd)
    Posts
    13,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, I pay for services that I dont want to do myself in real life all the time as well.

    You have to understand that people may not play the game for the same reasons you do, and like different things.
    You pay for services you can't or won't do in real life, because you need (or want) to do it. You pay for grocery delivery because you can't (or don't want to) get out of house. You pay your lawyer to defend you in court because you can't (or don't want to) do it yourself - it's a things you have to do in real life or face consequences.

    WoW is a videogame you play for shits and giggles, there is no emergency, there is no reason to even consider buying a carry run, all you achieve by doing this is you don't get better at the game you enjoy (otherwise why would you still play it), you spend ingame resources and you rob yourself of game experience.

    I'm not saying that there is no place for carry runs to be in the game, i imagine if you are in a hardcore raiding guild and need 4 toons (for some reason) to be in top-notch condition and you simply can't afford the time to do it - sure, but it's a such a rare case that doesn't correlate with actual demand for these sort of things


    Bottom line is - all people play games for the same reason - to have fun, that's why i think that some people actually like to pay other people to play their game for them. Maybe scratch "pay" part, maybe they don't enjoy paying, maybe they just want to "see content" like this and get their purples only to replace them in the next patch, because they don't do that kind of content that needs this kind of items. That's some sort of modern / mobile gaming mentality that osmosed into wow.
    Again, not trying to undermine anyone for buying carry runs, you do you with your gold, but it doesn't make sense to compare real life services to this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thzz View Post
    Like I said to the other guy, I can explain the above to you, but cant understand it for you. That you need to do on your own, but start by stepping outside yourself and considering that not everyone in the world is like you and don't think and feel the same way you do about things (google EQ to get started on your your journey toward self improvement )
    Oh no, i understand how people do it, i just don't understand why. You can achieve the same thing by watching a youtube video, since amount of interaction required from you in a carry run is basically equal to watching it. Or heck, do an LFR - that's exactly why it's in the game (contrary to popular belief that it's a timed mechanic that allowed ret paladins and warriors get gurthalak faster, but accidentally was left in the game 'till this day)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2020-03-27 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

  3. #83
    Pandaren Monk Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    I think it's bad, because it promotes absurd inflation left and right. Blizzard seems ok though since the tokens are flowing.
    How does that work exactly.

    If anything prices have plummeted since uldir.

    If you wanted aotc uldir you were looking at 1.5-2 mil.

    Aotc now is about 400-600 k I've even seen runs at 300k

    But I don't think you understand that token sell price is directly tied to people buying tokens with gold.

    The easy mode log in click a few buttons cycle to the next alt gold is gone. Mission tables might give 1k a week now

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    How does that work exactly.

    If anything prices have plummeted since uldir.

    If you wanted aotc uldir you were looking at 1.5-2 mil.

    Aotc now is about 400-600 k I've even seen runs at 300k

    But I don't think you understand that token sell price is directly tied to people buying tokens with gold.

    The easy mode log in click a few buttons cycle to the next alt gold is gone. Mission tables might give 1k a week now
    I've already said I had a misconception. Please read the thread before posting...

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It's not hard but it's extremely luck dependent on the realm you chose to set up on. And don't even say I'm wrong. I started making uncanny gear at the launch of 8.3 like many others did. Several people made millions from it and I barely made a 100,000 cause it sells better on their realm than mine. It's like that for a lot of things. If you chose the wrong realm, there is no gold making on the AH. And I am on a high pop server. I have been trying to make gold all expansion and the most I've gotten to is 600k, but one bad week that coincides with my token purchase for my sub and I lose most of it.
    I will agree with this yes. My realm, EU ravencrest has been a blessing for me. High pop ally. But you also gotta put in the time...I will get undercut fast, so you gotta undercut 3 times a day if you wanna make gold.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    How much does visions boost go for? I mean, I can easily solo a 1 mask run with another person just standing around and I reckon up to 3 masks (not long night and daredevil) should be doable, if they have the +200 sanity trait and decent cloak rank
    Varies wildly across servers but people who buy under 5 masks tend to want a carry on a fresh toon. 150-200k would b my guess. 5 mask are the money run and usually fall somewhere around 600k with the rare person doing them for 300k.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    gathering is is fine,you just wont make as much as multiboxers,
    Nah it's not, only profitable thing is Zinanthid and it's scoured to the ground by multibox druids.

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    obviously,and crafting isnt useless...i buy stuff from ah that crafters make every week,jwl stuff,enchants,postions,flasks,and the armor you craft for yourself is bis
    Enchants, gems, etc. go for peanuts, gl making millions when an enchant sells for 200g and the crystal alone costs 150g not counting the dust / blue shard. And the "bis armor" is not sellable, it's bop, so has very little impact on economy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    It was only really in WoD that pugging exploded as guilds started dying left and right and everything became cross realm. The second everything and everyone was anonymous entirely, everyone just started treating each other like animals.
    You can thank Blizzard that implemented the PUG finder, people were enamored with the idea they no longer have to spam trade to find a group for their dungeon or raid, but the downsides showed itself later. Another downside of "everything cross realm" is that alliance basically died out in many regions for high m+ pugging because it doesn't matter anymore if you're on high pop or low pop as long as you're on the "correct" faction.

    To this day you can see people complaining why mythic raid isn't already cross realm from day 1 etc.

    And I don't think boost buying is the biggest culprit in the picture anyway, if you're complaining about toxicity, then yes, the best solution is "don't pug", if you pug, you will encounter toxicity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    But you also gotta put in the time...I will get undercut fast, so you gotta undercut 3 times a day if you wanna make gold.
    Yeah, basically this. I stopped believing all the "I make millions with 0 effort" posts because in the end it always, always comes down to humongous timesink. Biggest goldmakers do nothing but farm / craft / sit on AH and even if they semi-automate the process, I'm not interested, if I log to wow is to do content not sit on AH while watching netflix. I know that means I won't make millions, but as long as I make enough to pay my gametime and raiding expenses I'm fine.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post


    Bottom line is - all people play games for the same reason - to have fun
    - - - Updated - - -

    You say you get it, but Im not convinced. The above statement is 100% true, but then you go on and get off logic path. The problem is you are taking YOUR definition of FUN and assuming all people define fun just like you. Do you really believe that? If so, then I cant help you. If not, then you are not being logical. Fun for me in the game changes with each expansion. This expansion (and the last few) has not involved caustic pugs, or one or two nights per week commitment to guild and endless hours grinding dailies and other required "stuff" to keep up with raid requirements



    Oh no, i understand how people do it, i just don't understand why. You can achieve the same thing by watching a youtube video, since amount of interaction required from you in a carry run is basically equal to watching it. Or heck, do an LFR - that's exactly why it's in the game
    Everyone is different and enjoys diff things. Some might enjoy just sitting there in carriies, thats not fun for me but if other players enjoy it for whatever reason then who am I to question why.

    For me, I participate as best as can and the challenge at first in Heroic was just staying alive. First time died pretty quickly, 2nd time lasted longer and started actually dps'ing or healing a bit( done on both), third time started to get the mechanics and got deeper and helped more. yeah that was all fun, and I did not have to committ any of my weeknights to a guild and did not have to grind dailies and horrifics etc etc. You do that with your time, I instead do other things with my time and just pay the gold.


    True on LFR you get a taste of the mechanics but its alos fun for me to get better gear. Gear upgrades from those go away quickly in each expansion.

    But most importantly doing the above is 5% or less of my game time and 5% or less of my enjoyment. If raids didn't exist at all, it wouldn't change AT ALL how I feel about the game. Evidently I am not alone in that view. Try to wrap your head around that.

    You're welcome.
    Last edited by Thzz; 2020-03-27 at 02:01 PM.

  9. #89
    Pandaren Monk Playintrafic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Gnomeregan
    Posts
    1,947
    Maybe edit the post then

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I will agree with this yes. My realm, EU ravencrest has been a blessing for me. High pop ally. But you also gotta put in the time...I will get undercut fast, so you gotta undercut 3 times a day if you wanna make gold.
    I have usually cancel scan and repost about 10-15 times from 1830-2230 server time in Tues, wen's, Thurs, and Sunday.

    I craft on Monday and Saturday. I do more cancel scans during raid time since most of my sales are raid consums

  10. #90
    You guys underestimate how many runs we carries can sell. Even with the wild spamming going on a good M+ team won't get much more than 1-2 carries per night unless very lucky or being the very first to offer +10 / +15 runs right after a new patch drops.
    Like everywhere else you run the risk of your bostee being a waste of time as well, they show up but want to pay after the run, or they don't show up, or they want some extra service.
    Can you make tons of money in a night? Yes! Will you always make tons of money every night? No

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    Varies wildly across servers but people who buy under 5 masks tend to want a carry on a fresh toon. 150-200k would b my guess. 5 mask are the money run and usually fall somewhere around 600k with the rare person doing them for 300k.
    How much participation on 5 mask run do you expect?

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    How much participation on 5 mask run do you expect?
    None, ideally they die in front of thrall and are rezzed once your done. I allowed 2 players to do the run with me. A hard carry and a 6/12 mythic raider. The hard carry almost wiped us multiple times but the raider made the run smoother.

  13. #93
    What is so bad about earning gold carrying people?

    If people wants to pay 200K gold for a +10 carry run, what the issue?
    Blizzard earns 20eur, player x is happy and player y is happy.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    None, ideally they die in front of thrall and are rezzed once your done. I allowed 2 players to do the run with me. A hard carry and a 6/12 mythic raider. The hard carry almost wiped us multiple times but the raider made the run smoother.
    Wait, I thought they have to tag every boss to be eligible for rewards. Also I'd imagine 6/12 m raider should be able to do 5 masks solo...

  15. #95
    When someone finally founds a way to farm gold as if WoW was a korean MMO (killing mobs non stop) Blizzard quickly removes it from the game.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btz25X6Pk4g&t=0s

    I bought the mount from someone who was doing this farm and thats how i know about it.
    Blizzard removed it because...reasons.

    There are probably more spots like this in the open world...but Blizzard probably nerfs it soon is discovered.

  16. #96
    boosting was always there, it's just mythic+ made it possible to make gold 24/7 instead of just a weekly raid lockout.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    All I see in trade chat these days are guilds and groups of players hustling different services from raids,mythic plus, visions, and even pvp rating it seems to of completely replaced the more traditional systems of acquiring power outside of doing the content yourself.

    My question is... is this bad for the game? I admit I have sold a lot of runs myself back in earlier versions of the game but back then sellers were rare and power was even a more uncommon commodity with the focus instead being in cosmetics.

    I tried selling visions today and came away with what I consider a absurd amount if gold for four hours of play but it just feels off...

    I'm not sure if at this point the genie could be put back into the bottle but do you feel the rise of this new economy is a good or bad thing for wow?
    Carry runs have been a thing since vanilla WoW. Maybe not as popular, but they were definitely around.

    For my server at least (which I've been on since 2004), and as a high-end raiding guild from vanilla all the way through to Legion, we would reguarly have people approaching us in the early days of TBC asking if they could buy runs, acheievements, gear, items, etc. because they weren't able to aquire them on their own or with their own guild. I believe plenty of high-end guilds can attest to this. From there, guilds caught on that people were willing to spend gold and real-world money for in-game stuff and it became a thing between top raiding guilds to sell whatever they could once progression was done each tier.

    From there the rest is history. It caught on and every Tom, Dick, and Harry will now sell you anything you want or need.

    I don't believe there's an issue with it at all. If someone doesn't have the time or means to do something themselves, then what's the big deal? It doesn't affect you. And this is certainly no "new economy" lol. As I've already stated - it's been around since the games very early days.

  18. #98
    this thing that ive noticed for the first time must have started right now for right now is the time i have first noticed it and the fact that it has started right now reinforces my current viewpoints on the wellness of this other thing

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    boosting was always there, it's just mythic+ made it possible to make gold 24/7 instead of just a weekly raid lockout.
    Also in the past you could clear raid once (ID lockout), now you can reclear heroic as much as you want you just don't get loot (loot lockout). Some top guilds can do 20 curve runs a day.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    All I see in trade chat these days are guilds and groups of players hustling different services from raids,mythic plus, visions, and even pvp rating it seems to of completely replaced the more traditional systems of acquiring power outside of doing the content yourself.

    My question is... is this bad for the game? I admit I have sold a lot of runs myself back in earlier versions of the game but back then sellers were rare and power was even a more uncommon commodity with the focus instead being in cosmetics.

    I tried selling visions today and came away with what I consider a absurd amount if gold for four hours of play but it just feels off...

    I'm not sure if at this point the genie could be put back into the bottle but do you feel the rise of this new economy is a good or bad thing for wow?
    you see that, ofc, since they introduced the Token. because it allows casuals, or ppl with low time amount but good amount of money, to buy token for 20 bugs and do paid runs to get gear. the other way around guilds and their players can make a lot of gold with that and pay their subs with gold, via token. looks like a win win for both.

    as a side note:

    when you wanna dive a bit deeper in a somewhat conspiracy mindset, you could look at the fact that blizz earns 7 bugs by doing nothing, for every token passed the AH. since i and some others play wow since 15 years without interruption, we prognostiated that paid sell runs would hype up A LOT after introduction of Token. That said, when we were aware this will happen, i assume Blizz was too. And when you earn 7 bugs whenever a token passes the AH, maybe it was done with that in mind. maybe.

    as i said, it is depended how much you think this is conspiracy. in my opinion, since i work in the same business as blizz for 20 years, thats just how you make money these days (clever cash grab systems). but some ppl here call this conspiracy.

    additional information:
    if you do not get that „every token passed... 7 bugs“ thing, like many others, here is what this means: one token, that you can buy via gold in the AH, is only available there, AFTER one another person paid 20 bugs in shop to get a Token, that is sold in the AH, so this guy get the gold the Token is worth. This means player A pays 20 bugs for lets say 200.000 gold. and after that player B can buy that token for 200.00 gold. player B will use the token to pay his sub and blizz will loose 13 bugs (sub costs). but blizz made 20 bugs before that by player A (additionally to the 13 bugs player A has to pay anyway for his sub). so blizz made 7 bugs profit out of a automatic system. and since the gold is just moved from A to B nothing in ingame economy changed. also gold is a virtual element that blizz controls to 100% and could be spawned more or less, via all the gold rewards ingame. so they control the usefulness of the flow and therefore control best ratios, so most possible ppl do the Token thing. example: they sell a bruto saur mount for 5 gold instead 2 mio gold. no one buy a token. or every quest rewards 500.000 gold. no one buy a token. i think you got it.

    simple as that.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-04-03 at 01:33 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •