Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Is selling carry runs the new crafting?

All I see in trade chat these days are guilds and groups of players hustling different services from raids,mythic plus, visions, and even pvp rating it seems to of completely replaced the more traditional systems of acquiring power outside of doing the content yourself.

My question is... is this bad for the game? I admit I have sold a lot of runs myself back in earlier versions of the game but back then sellers were rare and power was even a more uncommon commodity with the focus instead being in cosmetics.

I tried selling visions today and came away with what I consider a absurd amount if gold for four hours of play but it just feels off...

I'm not sure if at this point the genie could be put back into the bottle but do you feel the rise of this new economy is a good or bad thing for wow?

15+ Year Old Account
    *chuckles
    *Pay2win

I think it's bad, because it promotes absurd inflation left and right. Blizzard seems ok though since the tokens are flowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carries have been around for a long time, there are just more things to carry in than ever before. I don't have a problem with carries other than the chat spam, in fact I sold 2v2 carries to cap people on their conquest points in MoP. Too bad blizzard kind've killed that when they removed arena teams.

I'd like to see blizzard open up more ways to make gold through ingame systems. In final fantasy 14 I can run endgame dungeons for two currencies, one that I get from trading in loot drops and another that I get for killing bosses and completing the dungeon. I can turn those two currencies in for a variety of crafting mats to sell on the auction house. It's simple, no risk, no RNG, no boring gathering. Great way to turn your time into gold.

Yeah it's been going on for years now in the volume it does now. If you haven't noticed it earlier, you were either not playing at all or playing on a low pop realm where it doesn't happen that much. I think at this point Blizzard should just introduce a special channel / LFG system interface where people can advertise and buy those services. No I don't think it can nor should be stopped. A lot of content in the game is around gruop completion, it's natural that some people will want to buy that completion off of others, and that others will want to sell it.

Also, it's false that you are required to boost for gold to be able to afford anything, you can play just fine without it, and afford everything you need and more.

Quote Originally Posted by docterfreeze View Post
    Carries have been around for a long time, there are just more things to carry in than ever before. I don't have a problem with carries other than the chat spam, in fact I sold 2v2 carries to cap people on their conquest points in MoP. Too bad blizzard kind've killed that when they removed arena teams.

I'd like to see blizzard open up more ways to make gold through ingame systems. In final fantasy 14 I can run endgame dungeons for two currencies, one that I get from trading in loot drops and another that I get for killing bosses and completing the dungeon. I can turn those two currencies in for a variety of crafting mats to sell on the auction house. It's simple, no risk, no RNG, no boring gathering. Great way to turn your time into gold.
    In WoW you can do that with legacy raids. There are some good methods to get decent gold/hour, look them up if you're interested. Gathering is indeed boring, heavily reliant on economy, and also you have to compete with bots/multiboxers. You don't compete with anyone clearing old instances. I'm mentioning this because it sounds as if you're proposing it as a dichotomy of boosting vs. gathering professions. That's certainly not so.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-03-26 at 11:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Karl View Post
    All I see in trade chat these days are guilds and groups of players hustling different services from raids,mythic plus, visions, and even pvp rating it seems to of completely replaced the more traditional systems of acquiring power outside of doing the content yourself.

My question is... is this bad for the game? I admit I have sold a lot of runs myself back in earlier versions of the game but back then sellers were rare and power was even a more uncommon commodity with the focus instead being in cosmetics.

I tried selling visions today and came away with what I consider a absurd amount if gold for four hours of play but it just feels off...

I'm not sure if at this point the genie could be put back into the bottle but do you feel the rise of this new economy is a good or bad thing for wow?
    Carry runs have been around since classic.
    just wow token has made it easier cause of cross realmed with it. and the gold can be used to pay for wow sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Yes and yes. I hate this new trend and I'm honestly sick of seeing trade chat just flooded with what are likely level 1 alts (judging by the names) peddling M+/Nyalotha/etc. runs blah blah blah GOLD ONLY. It's constant and drowns out anything else that might be going on in trade chat.

Crafting is just worthless these days, everything sells for peanuts or barely above mats costs. Gathering you can forget about unless you're hardcore multiboxer.

So yeah, boosting is the only way to make quick buck and since not everyone has the skill to boost high end pvp, raiding or m+, they try to find other niches like levelling, islands, achievements, etc. There's some group on my realm that always spams they sell warmode achievements or duelist club ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Crafting is just worthless these days, everything sells for peanuts or barely above mats costs. Gathering you can forget about unless you're hardcore multiboxer.

So yeah, boosting is the only way to make quick buck and since not everyone has the skill to boost high end pvp, raiding or m+, they try to find other niches like levelling, islands, achievements, etc. There's some group on my realm that always spams they sell warmode achievements or duelist club ones.
    Im so glad people still believe this, just more gold for us AH players. OP, im one of the people who buy these boosts cause I make millions on the AH Corona outbreak defiantly also helped on my gold making. AH play is not hard, but some people dont care about gold making or they are...scared? to try it for risk of loosing gold...idk.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    The only one good carry is curry tikka masala! Tbh id never pay for things like that xD Its jus stupid for me. I never selled boost or carry in any game and never bought. Nope just nope. I know some doing this but i dont get it :P Boosting sounds good for gold makieng but economy already is twisted out because of corrupted boe gear.

Blizzard kills every other method to get gold but not this lol. Its all about tokens and profit.

It does indeed seem to be the only reasonable way for a higher end player to earn gold these days.

10+ Year Old Account

Alas. Carry sellers has become as obnoxious as the old day gold sellers. Just one issue here. It is not against the rules to sell boosts for gold. It isn't Pay 2 Win either, for you are buying the service of other players and not Blizzard.

At least during Warmode, you can ruin some transactions. You have people paying for the title but if you kill the bounty, they all scatter to a different shard.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    It does indeed seem to be the only reasonable way for a higher end player to earn gold these days.
    It "seems" to be yeah, but there are probably hidden things we dont know about.

Just yesterday i bought from someone a mount for 25k gold (cheaper than the AH price at 40k gold).
    This person told me is a "farm" of a couple hours.
    He said he is not sure if the "farm" was nerfed or not.

The mount i think is called "Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent"

saw someone yesterday selling mythic island run carries

like how lazy can people get?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    because it promotes absurd inflation left and right
    It doesn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Do i like it? No not really.

Do i think blizz has to do something? Also no. It is your gold. Whatever you want to do with it is your business. As long as people don't start selling for RL money again. Which Blizz suppressed.

Also a bad player won't get good by carry runs. He can buy as many runs as he wants. Even with infinite stars he will die in a simple encounter. No buying skill.

its called pay 2 win

blizzard managed the impsible - they implemented it into game without their playerbase whining.

kudos to them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nullp0inter View Post
    I think it's bad, because it promotes absurd inflation left and right. Blizzard seems ok though since the tokens are flowing.
    Blizzard has never taken any action on people for trading services for gold since the start of the game. It has nothing to do with tokens. Gold is a mechanic of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Im so glad people still believe this, just more gold for us AH players. OP, im one of the people who buy these boosts cause I make millions on the AH Corona outbreak defiantly also helped on my gold making. AH play is not hard, but some people dont care about gold making or they are...scared? to try it for risk of loosing gold...idk.
    I think it's just tedious and not very enjoyable for most. Playing the ah makes decent gold but it's as fun for me as doing my taxes.